The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian band that have left the christian lyrics behind?

+23
seth
petrafan007
Pethead
dwells
StevenCressler
Christian Thrash Rules
Opeth3232
average joe
Frozen Fire
crucifyd
Staybrite
Black Rider
Constantine
Soldier777
BaleMaster
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
TZ75
eatbugs
CrimsonWarrior
WildWorld
alldatndensum
Temple of Blood
27 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Christian band that have left the christian lyrics behind? - Page 10 Empty Re: Christian band that have left the christian lyrics behind?

Post by seth Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:18 pm

Tobi Elektrik wrote:Atheist are incredible!  Very Happy
What do you mean? Are you an atheist?
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christian band that have left the christian lyrics behind? - Page 10 Empty Re: Christian band that have left the christian lyrics behind?

Post by Dustofyears Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:20 pm

^Atheist is a band
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:21 pm

Oh ok, thought he meant atheist lyrics are incredible
Although my wild guess would be that the band Atheist would have atheistic lyrics
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:26 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Well I can somewhat get a non-christian liking a Christian band (unless they downright hate Christianity then it makes absolutely no sense at all) but a Christian listening to anything Satanic or Atheist is too far.

Like I've stated probably too many times. I do hate Christianity and religion, but that doesn't mean I can't get on with "some" Christians. You have to remember, I was into Christian metal and rock and music for many many years in my youth so some of my favorite albums are Christian. The lyrics I treat like fantasy just like bands with satanic or horror themes etc. It really isn't hard to do. Music is just music to me and if it's good I am free to listen to it.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:36 pm

seth wrote:Oh ok, thought he meant atheist lyrics are incredible
Although my wild guess would be that the band Atheist would have atheistic lyrics

Atheist is one of the (if not thee) pioneering tech death metal/thrash bands of the 90's that came out before Death did with Human. Roger Patterson was their bassist and inspired a whole generation of technical death Metal bass players to come. Their most noted works are time piece and Unquestionable Presence. Unquestionable Presence is an incredible album. and I'm not a big Tech Death/thrash guy (at least not the modern stuff it sounds like garbage to me), but they Atheist did it right on that album and the first album is good too.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:43 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Well I can somewhat get a non-christian liking a Christian band (unless they downright hate Christianity then it makes absolutely no sense at all) but a Christian listening to anything Satanic or Atheist is too far.

Like I've stated probably too many times. I do hate Christianity and religion, but that doesn't mean I can't get on with "some" Christians. You have to remember, I was into Christian metal and rock and music for many many years in my youth so some of my favorite albums are Christian. The lyrics I treat like fantasy just like bands with satanic or horror themes etc. It really isn't hard to do. Music is just music to me and if it's good I am free to listen to it.
That makes me wonder if there are any Bible stories you enjoy just as stories...
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:57 pm

As stories yeah. I grew up with those too. At a very young age I went to many kind of boarding homes (long story) one of them very religious/Christian, and there's be praying around the table before eating, reading from the word and church and all that stuff. So I had a Picture bible which I loved and read with my the only other book I loved: Return of the Jedi.

The in my teens I went to another one of these places and that was Similar with compulsory religious classes. Every Sunday we'd have a ritualistic style Mass.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:58 pm

Then what are some of your favorites?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:16 pm

It's probably the way the bible is written I quite like. There is a symmetry and dualism about it that makes the eyes glide through it. Maybe it was the way they wrote back then, but it has a very early declarative  fantasy style of writing, more like something that is old English. Perhaps that's just how it was interpreted.

Anyway, I liked all the all the stories really, Noah's ark, the parting of the red sea probably stood out the most. A lot I have forgotten. The basics from Sunday school I guess.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:23 pm

Nice. While obviously they're more than just stories to me, I don't have a problem admitting that I have read the Bible for entertainment too. Revelation was always my favorite book... it's confusing for sure but it's got really cool imagery and the happy ending of heaven (when I was younger I always considered the last couple chapters more boring than the ones before... now I might like them even more). I also really the like a lot of the gospel stories and Genesis. I also have to appreciate the chapter of Exodus that has a modern chapter cliffhanger ending lol... the last verse is the Pharoah approaching them as they're trapped against the Red Sea. So yeah, parting of the Red Sea does stand out. The Bible is a lot more fun to read than people give it credit for.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:42 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
If it's just music by an atheist I'm fine, I just wouldn't want a song directly saying "God isn't real". I wouldn't wanna listen to anything by a Satanist though, even if the lyrics are innocent by themselves.
This is pretty much my view. Atheists themselves aren’t any more lost than any other unbelievers. Neither are satanists, but I am not comfortable listening to that stuff.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10