The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Crowbar have Christian lyrics?

4 posters

Go down

Does Crowbar have Christian lyrics? Empty Does Crowbar have Christian lyrics?

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:14 pm

?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Does Crowbar have Christian lyrics? Empty Re: Does Crowbar have Christian lyrics?

Post by Constantine Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:01 pm

As a general rule, they don't.
They may have a song here or there but I haven't delved that deeply.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Does Crowbar have Christian lyrics? Empty Re: Does Crowbar have Christian lyrics?

Post by TZ75 Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:26 am

I’m a big Crowbar fan. I know the leader Kirk Windstein is a practicing Catholic. His lyrics do sometimes have some “God fearing” topics. I see it the same as the band Trouble. Not necessarily Christian, but Christian friendly.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:33 pm

Kirk is not a practicing Catholic. He speaks quite a bit about the spiritual nature of his life. This is an excerpt from a 2014 interview from New Noise Magazine. The previous question he answered in part that he grew up Catholic but doesn't follow any organized religion and explained his faith this way:

"I don’t need to put a fish on the back of my car. I’m not being sarcastic – well I am being sarcastic. My spiritual belief is that I believe in God and Jesus, and that gives me strength. I don’t need to preach to anyone. I’m not going to force it down anyone’s throat. I’ll walk into Phil’s house and he’ll have goat heads, and I’ll be in my house with a cross on the wall, drinking a beer, and we laugh about it. That’s the way it should be. If you feel better talking to a tree, whatever, so be it, whatever makes you feel better is all that counts. We are who we are and we pray. My spiritual beliefs give me strength, and if you get it – there’s so many ways to open your mind. A lot of people jog. There are so many different things that people do to open their mind and lift their spirits. Whatever it might be, if it’s God or animals.

Interviewer: As long as you’re not harming anyone, right?

Exactly! I don’t want to get too far into it, because I’m not a televangelist, but anything that doesn’t harm children or animals, I don’t care. I do my own thing for me, my wife, my family, and my band. We’re all happy."
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Temple of Blood and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:46 am

Frozen Fire wrote:Kirk is not a practicing Catholic. He speaks quite a bit about the spiritual nature of his life. This is an excerpt from a 2014 interview from New Noise Magazine. The previous question he answered in part that he grew up Catholic but doesn't follow any organized religion and explained his faith this way:

"I don’t need to put a fish on the back of my car. I’m not being sarcastic – well I am being sarcastic. My spiritual belief is that I believe in God and Jesus, and that gives me strength. I don’t need to preach to anyone. I’m not going to force it down anyone’s throat. I’ll walk into Phil’s house and he’ll have goat heads, and I’ll be in my house with a cross on the wall, drinking a beer, and we laugh about it. That’s the way it should be. If you feel better talking to a tree, whatever, so be it, whatever makes you feel better is all that counts. We are who we are and we pray. My spiritual beliefs give me strength, and if you get it – there’s so many ways to open your mind. A lot of people jog. There are so many different things that people do to open their mind and lift their spirits. Whatever it might be, if it’s God or animals.

Interviewer: As long as you’re not harming anyone, right?

Exactly! I don’t want to get too far into it, because I’m not a televangelist, but anything that doesn’t harm children or animals, I don’t care. I do my own thing for me, my wife, my family, and my band. We’re all happy."

Well at one point in the past he did identify as Catholic. Your quote above seems to indicate that he is one of those believers that isn’t hardline. He treads his words lightly to not alienate his audience. I’m not saying that is right though... he is a secular musician that does sprinkle some Christian stuff here and there. It still can have an impact or plant a seed! 

Same with Megadeth. Mustaine and Ellefson are believers but they don’t really push it in the lyrics.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:54 am

At least Kirk specifically said he believes in Jesus. Not just a “higher power” like a lot of people do.

That said... I don’t agree with his nonchalant attitude about seeking peace or spiritual guidance outside of our biblical God. That’s too PC and liberal for the sake of not offending someone. 

Christ is essential for a peace that is everlasting and eternal. Anything else is temporary.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:53 am

I’m listening to Crowbar right now! 

Guitar guy
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:11 pm

Problem I find with bands like Crowbar or Down (musically) is that I like their sound but only find a few songs worth listening to.  Like "Stone The Crow" - that is a really good song.

COC is a bit more consistent in terms of actual song-writing.  But that's just my perspective.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:03 pm

The whole Down/NOLA album is great. I put it right next to: Blues for the Red Sun by Kyuss. I’d say those are my favorite so-called “stoner” albums. I also like the majority of music from Goatsnake and The Obsessed. 

Down II was okay… but Down III was crap.

I like every Crowbar album! They are one of my favorite bands. CoC is cool too! Pepper Keenan has a great voice. They should let him sing on a couple songs for the next Down album.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down