The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPELLITTERI - Do Any Songs Have Christian Lyrics?

+4
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Pethead
Constantine
8 posters

Go down

IMPELLITTERI - Do Any Songs Have Christian Lyrics?    Empty IMPELLITTERI - Do Any Songs Have Christian Lyrics?

Post by Constantine Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Are there any songs from the Impellitteri albums with Rob Rock that have lyrics that could be actually be considered "Christian"?

I'm not too familiar with Impellitteri's material so I am asking for a friend.....
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

IMPELLITTERI - Do Any Songs Have Christian Lyrics?    Empty Re: IMPELLITTERI - Do Any Songs Have Christian Lyrics?

Post by Pethead Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:18 pm

Constantine wrote:Are there any songs from the Impellitteri albums with Rob Rock that have lyrics that could be actually be considered "Christian"?

I'm not too familiar with Impellitteri's material so I am asking for a friend.....
I’d like to know the answer, as well!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

IMPELLITTERI - Do Any Songs Have Christian Lyrics?    Empty Re: IMPELLITTERI - Do Any Songs Have Christian Lyrics?

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Not the first ep imho
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:24 pm

I found one - "Holy Man" from the Wicked Maiden album.  

I would consider that to have pretty explicit Christian lyrics....

Would like to know if there are more / how many more....
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:03 pm

He does Warrior with Imp. He hints pretty strongly with songs like Answer to the Master and The King is Rising and if you look at other songs he'll do the same.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:00 pm

A very interesting question. Is someone looking for a list? Are we extremely narrow in our definition?

Kingdom of Light
Father Forgive them
You Are The Fire
Answer to the Master
I'll Be With You
Fly Away
The King is Rising
Shed Your Blood
Fuel For The Fire
Bleed in Silence
Master of Disguise
Everything is You
Kingdom Fighter
Paradise
Beware of the Devil
Fear No Evil
Garden of Eden
Holy Man
The Battle Rages On
Jehovah
Holding On

I would venture more songs personally but others would say less than this. Screaming Symphony and Eye of the Hurricane are the most bold and plain when it comes to more explicit faith. Yet later albums have songs like Jehovah and Holy Man.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider, Fundy, Opeth3232 and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:53 am

The three I have are Screaming Symphony, Eye of the Hurricane, and Venom.  Screaming Symphony and Eye of the Hurricane are very blatantly Christian, Venom less so but still has some strong lyrics.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:46 pm

I find with Impellitteri their lyrics change where Chris leaves it up to the singer to write the lyrics they want. Chris Impellitteri has mentioned many times that the band is a democracy. He will write the basics of a song and will change the arrangements based on the input of each of the musicians like the bassist, drums and vocals. I have all their albums except for System X where Graham Bonnet is the singer and Pedal to the Metal where Curtis Skelton is the singer. Getting these albums isn't high of a priority. Impellitteri was killing it in the 90s and just about every album is good. Stand in Line has some great moments but the production is lacking. I don't think Chris had much money to put into it and had a very limited budget. If he were to rerecord it with Graham's original vocals I think that would make it stand out more. 

The lyrics isn't nearly as evangelical or preachy like Stryper, Petra or Jerusalem. There are several songs on each album that Rob Rock is involved with that is from a Christian world view such as avoiding sin and evil. There are lots of Christian themes on their latest 2018 album The Nature of the Beast. They are currently planning on releasing a new album this year. I wouldn't classify Impellitteri as a Christian band as only some of the members are like Rob Rock and I think Chris might be.

Impellitteri is my 2nd favorite band. First is Stryper then it's Petra (especially from about the mid 70s to the early to mid 90s. After that they are spotty. I love the 2 Classic Petra albums) or Saint. I can't make up my mind which band I like better, Petra or Saint for the number 3 and 4 positions.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Superjuice, Frozen Fire, Opeth3232 and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:10 pm

You should pick up System X, Bonnet does a great job.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:12 pm

Soldier777 wrote:I find with Impellitteri their lyrics change where Chris leaves it up to the singer to write the lyrics they want. Chris Impellitteri has mentioned many times that the band is a democracy. He will write the basics of a song and will change the arrangements based on the input of each of the musicians like the bassist, drums and vocals. I have all their albums except for System X where Graham Bonnet is the singer and Pedal to the Metal where Curtis Skelton is the singer. Getting these albums isn't high of a priority. Impellitteri was killing it in the 90s and just about every album is good. Stand in Line has some great moments but the production is lacking. I don't think Chris had much money to put into it and had a very limited budget. If he were to rerecord it with Graham's original vocals I think that would make it stand out more. 

The lyrics isn't nearly as evangelical or preachy like Stryper, Petra or Jerusalem. There are several songs on each album that Rob Rock is involved with that is from a Christian world view such as avoiding sin and evil. There are lots of Christian themes on their latest 2018 album The Nature of the Beast. They are currently planning on releasing a new album this year. I wouldn't classify Impellitteri as a Christian band as only some of the members are like Rob Rock and I think Chris might be.
Nailed it.

Thinking about this thread had me going back to Pedal to the Metal yesterday. I still like that album. It has some "Christian" themes in that it addresses judgment day and the second coming but more with a warning than with hope. Unfortunately, it also has some true garbage lyrics on the all-time worst Impellittteri song ever and one of the worst songs ever recorded on any album P.U.N.K. Musically speaking, I consider it somewhat similar to Crunch overall. It's heavy with some amazing tracks and some stabs at modern metal that didn't really work. I really enjoy Curtis' vocals.

System X, musically is really solid. However, the lyrics on System X are as bad as the bad lyrics on Pedal to the Metal. You're exactly right on the singer pushing the direction. For me, I'm not a fan of Graham Bonnet's vocals. As a result, I don't care for either album. If you do like his vocals and don't mind the lyrics you'd really enjoy it.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Aryeh Yehudah Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:31 am

As with many spiritually leaning artists, they often will entertain christian themes in their music, which is common in the metal genre, as it often involves the struggle between good and evil.

Concerning Impellitteri, some his of songs certainly are suggestive of leaning toward the light, but I haven't heard him come right out and confess God or more specifically, the name of Jesus.

You may want to do a more indepth query on him, like with wiki for instance.
I hope that I was somewhat helpful. Peace out brother.

Last edited by Aryeh Yehudah on Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)
Aryeh Yehudah
Aryeh Yehudah
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYD7g8QP0jgCDpJMdMJAKg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down