The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

+10
Superjuice
force perspective
Temple of Blood
Staybrite
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Noods
WildWorld
11razorwire
Black Rider
14 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 am

Pleasure Bombs. One album released in 1991 "Days of Heaven". This CD is in my collection and I have no idea why.

Back to top Go down

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:52 am

Another early 90's hair band flying the retro flag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:05 am

With some push Burning Tree could've been bigger, kind of a Black Crowes sound.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:21 am

I have that Burning Tree CD. Good stuff. Marc Ford went on the play with the Black Crowes. Incidentally Marc is now a Christian and I believe has released some Christian music.

Here is another band I found, Zeno. Have never heard of them. The vocalist kind of reminds me of Mark Slaughter.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:38 am

Unrelated to the topic but here is Marc Ford. What a cool cat!

He currently plays with The Magpie Salute which is basically The Black Crowes with a new singer. The guy stays busy. He was in a Pink Floyd cover band called Blue Floyd that played blues versions of Floyd songs and he plays at his church. There are tons of videos on YouTube of him playing worship songs when you have time search for some.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am

Of course, we all learned of them when they did a couple of Christian projects, but during the 80's, I had never heard of this band:

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:51 am

That's cool about Marc Ford.

I never heard of Mad Max until they did their christian albums either but they have a lot of stuff out.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Anyone ever hear of Mitch Malloy? Interesting note, he was just announced as the new lead singer for Great White

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 am

Yes, I love Anything At All! I remember when it was new and I was working at a radio station and we had it in heavy rotation. Mitch was even in Van Halen for a day! ALmost picked him instead of Gary Cherone.

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:48 am

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:31 am

Yes, I love Anything At All! I remember when it was new and I was working at a radio station and we had it in heavy rotation. Mitch was even in Van Halen for a day! ALmost picked him instead of Gary Cherone.

Cherone wasn't really bad as a singer for VH.  It was the songs and the fact that Eddie did all the music.  That album didn't shine because no one got to really express themselves.  Even Eddie's guitarwork seemed phoned in.  Regardless of which camp you are in, VH either needs Roth or Haggar.  Malloy sounds a bit like Sammy, but this song is just bland showing that Van Halen were almost out of ideas.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 am

While doing a little digging, I found out that Blue Tears were from Jackson, TN.  Two of their members, Gregg Fulkerson and Michael Spears, helped with the Michael Sweet debut solo album  Small world, huh?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Music is such a fickle thing. Some of these bands are better then the Motley Crues fo the world but were too late or not marketed well.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:34 pm

While all of these have been secular bands, here is one from the Christian realm that I bet a lot of folks have never heard of.  I wish this would get a proper reissue from Retroactive or Roxx.  I have the bootlegs from Retrospect.

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:52 pm

I remember this video getting quite a bit of rotation on MTV...but didn't hear them much on the radio.

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:50 am

Ya'll are gonna cost me a small fortune trying to track down some of this stuff.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:25 am

alldatndensum wrote:Ya'll are gonna cost me a small fortune trying to track down some of this stuff.

lol!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Hey, that Dubiel is pretty good. Never even heard of them. 

I've tried to track down some of these and they're expensive and some aren't available for download.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I've tried to track down some of these and they're expensive and some aren't available for download.

I've noticed that too. Serious bummer.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 pm

I dont think this band ever released their music in the US, but it's catchy as heck:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:12 am

Staybrite wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

I've noticed that too. Serious bummer.

Definitely don't try to find the DuBiel.  They were cassette releases and were never legally on CD.  When Retrospect carried all the Strike First, TimeWarp and several other "label names", I found these.  I bought them.  The sound isn't perfect as the CD sounds like it was made from a well worn cassette and no one did any audio cleaning.  I may try to do a little cleaning/remastering just for my own listening pleasure.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Black Rider wrote:Hey, that Dubiel is pretty good. Never even heard of them. 

It's weird, back in the mid-90s/early 2000s these albums were common as dirt and easy to find in cut-out bins, now your best bet is to go to a thrift store or used cd store and even then there's no guarantee you'll find them (especially if it's a store that overprices out-of-print stuff). At least Rock Candy records is rereleasing SOME of them.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:21 am

I did send a message to someone who claims to know the singer and drummer of DuBiel (singer and drummer are married) and they want to bring some of the music back. I told them to get in touch with Roxx.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 am

That Zinatra song has a hook, something modern music is so often missing. Did all those guys go to the Carlton school of dancing. 
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Hurricane may not have been that obscure, but they still count:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next