The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

+10
Superjuice
force perspective
Temple of Blood
Staybrite
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Noods
WildWorld
11razorwire
Black Rider
14 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

Post by Constantine Fri May 08, 2020 7:33 pm

Saigon Kick was definitely an acquired taste.  I can only listen to a few songs at a time myself.

About Icon,  the reason(s) they didn't become big are numerous and varied. They include the fact that the first record was too heavy for the hair metal crowd, and Capitol didn't know how to market them.  That 1st record was produced by Mike Varney (Shrapnel Records) and while they weren't a shred band, they were more like a Wasp meets Armored Saint / Stryper /Judas Priest hybrid with a glam image and big hair.   A tough sell in 1984, especially when you're not part of the Sunset Strip.  

Another big problem was that Steven Clifford quit during the mixing of their second album, and they lost their record deal and their momentum.  Also some fans of the first record didn't take too well to the new, more commercial sound of Night Of The Crime.  I was one of those. It wasn't until many years later that I give the record a chance and discovered that it was really good.

Oh - That reminds me of another fairly obscure, teased-hair band that was really good but also a bit too heavy for the glam scene:

• Halloween   (from Detroit - "Don't Metal With Evil" was their 1st and best record...)

Also :

• Waysted - "Save Your Prayers" era

Last edited by Constantine on Fri May 08, 2020 8:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.  - Page 6 Empty Re: Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

Post by Black Rider Fri May 08, 2020 7:55 pm

Maybe because I like the American power metal sound is why I like Icon so much.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri May 08, 2020 7:59 pm

^ U.S. power metal (USPM) is my favorite style!   

I know a lot of good obscure bands in that vein.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri May 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Tuff Luck was pretty obscure except for the South Florida local scene, where they were a big draw.

They released one album on New Renaissance Records in 1987.
They were on the verge of signing with Atlantic when everything fell apart.

There's a documentary out there about their rise and fall.

Too many of their lyrics are the sleaze variety so I was never a fan but they do fit the "Obscure hair / glam" genre.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 3:13 pm

S

Last edited by force perspective on Mon May 11, 2020 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 3:16 pm

Last edited by force perspective on Mon May 11, 2020 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 3:36 pm

m

Last edited by force perspective on Mon May 11, 2020 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 3:38 pm

D

Last edited by force perspective on Mon May 11, 2020 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 3:40 pm

E

force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 3:44 pm

L

force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 3:46 pm

L

Last edited by force perspective on Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 3:57 pm

V

Last edited by force perspective on Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 4:05 pm

T

force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 4:14 pm

S

force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 4:16 pm

S

Last edited by force perspective on Mon May 11, 2020 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 4:20 pm

F

Last edited by force perspective on Mon May 11, 2020 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 4:21 pm

L

force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Mon May 11, 2020 4:26 pm

W

force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon May 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Just my opinion here....but it might be a worthwhile idea to try to stick to picking songs that aren't of the sex / lust variety.  

I know all of these bands have many other good songs to choose from.  

I just don't see the point of highlighting a band's most debauched lyrics or videos, even if the music is good.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon May 11, 2020 8:51 pm

The great struggle with this style of music, I love the sound but lyrically so much of it keeps me away. 
Lion is a good one, Aldrich shines but some of those lyrics.....
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon May 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Star Star. Kind of a mix of punk, metal, and glam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-L0BhjAMg

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon May 11, 2020 9:06 pm

^I agree Black Rider, the music can be great but the lyrics and vids can be a turn-off.  But most of these bands (with a few exceptions) do have other good songs that are not in-your-face sex fantasies.  Even Def Leppard, Poison, Whitesnake, Ratt and Motley Crue have songs that aren't stripper anthems.  I'm  just saying it could be nice to highlight those instead.  

Sex is a wonderful thing in it's proper context and God created it.  I'm very pro-sex.  But the manner in which these bands promote and exploit it in certain songs doesn't honor it's intent or it's Creator.   I personally am inclined to highlight other songs if it's within my choice to do so, and obviously I can't force anyone to do the same, but it seems like a worthwhile idea to consider.

Last edited by Constantine on Mon May 11, 2020 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon May 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Bad Romance (had a hard time finding vids by this band due to the Lady Gaga song):

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon May 11, 2020 9:34 pm

One more for tonight, Tigertailz:

And here's them covering Megadeth of all things:

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon May 11, 2020 10:39 pm

Constantine wrote:Just my opinion here....but it might be a worthwhile idea to try to stick to picking songs that aren't of the sex / lust variety.  

I know all of these bands have many other good songs to choose from.  

I just don't see the point of highlighting a band's most debauched lyrics or videos, even if the music is good.

second...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next