The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

+10
Superjuice
force perspective
Temple of Blood
Staybrite
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Noods
WildWorld
11razorwire
Black Rider
14 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.  - Page 9 Empty Re: Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:27 pm

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.  - Page 9 Empty Re: Obscure bands list, let's keep it to hair/glam here.

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:24 pm

Very cool, digging that tune.  I'm almost certain I've heard the name "Tattoo Rodeo" but don't remember hearing any of their music.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:59 pm

I love this sound but the lyrics are so off putting at times, kind of like Bullet Boys.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:05 pm

Did these guys get mentioned? Came out just as grunge took over but I like this sound though this song is interesting, a slam on TV preachers.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:24 pm

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:42 pm

Here's a metal queen I had never heard of until a few days ago.

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Did these guys get mentioned? Came out just as grunge took over but I like this sound though this song is interesting, a slam on TV preachers.

The old (and current) vocalist from TKO.  One of my good friends was room-mates with one of the guitarists from this group for a short time, so I've seen them play a few club shows around Seattle.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Here's a metal queen I had never heard of until a few days ago.

Wow, a little shocked to hear you just recently heard her music.  She only has a few metal albums (I think her first three), after that she went in a considerably poppier direction.  I got one of her latest albums a few years ago and it has a solid hard rock/blues rock sound (Diamond Baby Blues from 2018).  

Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:44 pm

She sounds pretty good there, good song too.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:56 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Here's a metal queen I had never heard of until a few days ago.

Wow, a little shocked to hear you just recently heard her music.  She only has a few metal albums (I think her first three), after that she went in a considerably poppier direction.  I got one of her latest albums a few years ago and it has a solid hard rock/blues rock sound (Diamond Baby Blues from 2018).  

Well, for nearly 25 years, I stayed only to Christian music.  I have never known a lot of metal fans from my era except in these online forums.  So, I missed out on a lot.  I ignored a lot of chatter about artists I knew nothing of.

Besides, I don't know if she had any big hits on USA radio stations.  If she had like Lita Ford and Joan Jett, I probably would have heard of her.

I checked out the poppier albums.  A couple of them sound like 80's era Heart in style which is okay by me.  I skipped over her jazz albums.  Bring on the rock!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:11 pm

More of an AC/DC sound here, but anyone remember The Four Horsemen?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:40 pm

^I remember them, but they kind of got lost in the shuffle. The guitarist was in Zodiac Mindwarp and The Cult. At least half the band members died over the years.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:41 pm

Oh man I loved the first Four Horsemen album.  Haven't listened to it in some time.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:04 am

Have not seen these NJ bands mentioned yet, so here goes.  They are related due to having the same singer.

Surgin' was Jack Ponti's band.  Ponti co-wrote "Shot Through The Heart" with Bon Jovi.  
He also wrote songs for many other hair and glam bands.  
In 1985 he put out an overlooked, underrated record with Russell Arcara (Arcara, Prophet) on vocals.  
This album had some really good AOR songs, although I don't think it was Russell's best performance.

After Surgin', Russell Arcara joined Prophet.  I think he did a phenomenal job in this band.  
The album most people mention is their 2nd one "Cycle Of The Moon" but I like their next one "Recycled" so much better.  Harder-edged with some superb guitar work.

]
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:52 pm

I only heard Cycle but those songs kick butt.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Found this band the other day from the early 90's - Dutch band called 1st Avenue.  

Great players.  The song below is their most "Yngwie" style song, but the album is generally in the vein of Europe/Vandenberg/TNT/Treat/Skagarack, bands like that.  This album has some very impressive songs.  
Haven't checked out their 2nd album "Daily Battle" yet.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:10 pm

Good find.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9