The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temple of Blood news update

+9
Dustofyears
Frozen Fire
Black Rider
TZ75
Pethead
Constantine
average joe
mothy
Temple of Blood
13 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Temple of Blood news update - Page 6 Empty Re: Temple of Blood news update

Post by Pethead Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:09 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Do you like Flotsam? How about the songs No Place for Disgrace or Dreams of Death? It would fit your style.

I love Flotsam!  Also love those songs.

Trying not to get too obscure though because .... this is Alabama.

It will come across as an original song if we play it because maybe 2 people will have heard it before.

We have floated the idea of a Coroner cover though, which might happen.

Also, we may bring back Dawn Patrol/ Rust in Peace/ Polaris which we used to play live, since that is a Big 4 band and I bet thrashers know that album.

RiP…Polaris is my favorite Deth tune.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood, CrimsonWarrior, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:03 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Do you like Flotsam? How about the songs No Place for Disgrace or Dreams of Death? It would fit your style.

I love Flotsam!  Also love those songs.

Trying not to get too obscure though because .... this is Alabama.

It will come across as an original song if we play it because maybe 2 people will have heard it before.

We have floated the idea of a Coroner cover though, which might happen.

Also, we may bring back Dawn Patrol/ Rust in Peace/ Polaris which we used to play live, since that is a Big 4 band and I bet thrashers know that album.

I don’t see how Flotsam is more obscure than Coroner or Forbidden. Especially Coroner. Flotsam is touring all the time, and still releasing albums. They’re a pretty well known band because of Jason Newsted.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:25 pm

TZ75 wrote:

I don’t see how Flotsam is more obscure than Coroner or Forbidden. Especially Coroner. Flotsam is touring all the time, and still releasing albums. They’re a pretty well known band because of Jason Newsted.

Understood, but the other guys are bigger fans of Forbidden and especially Coroner than Flots, and their songs would be a more of a technical challenge for us.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:58 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Understood, but the other guys are bigger fans of Forbidden and especially Coroner than Flots, and their songs would be a more of a technical challenge for us.

No problem…. 

It’s your band. I was just giving a suggestion. Smile

I like Coroner and Forbidden a lot! It’s a win/win.

In the 90’s, I was a Coroner fanatic. Especially the Mental Vortex album. I had bought it as a new release on cassette when I started high school. It was a great time for my music education in Metal. Despite the rise of grunge, I went full blown into thrash and some death metal. But I admit to liking Alice In Chains at the same time. I considered them more of a metal band influenced by Sabbath. I did also very briefly like Nirvana because it was something fresh and new from the stagnant hair metal that I liked in 1989/90. I think Lynch Mob’s first album was the last hair metal album I got before my love of Testament, Megadeth and Sepultura.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:32 pm

TZ75 wrote:

No problem…. 

In the 90’s, I was a Coroner fanatic. Especially the Mental Vortex album. I had bought it as a new release on cassette when I started high school. It was a great time for my music education in Metal. Despite the rise of grunge, I went full blown into thrash and some death metal. But I admit to liking Alice In Chains at the same time. I considered them more of a metal band influenced by Sabbath. I did also very briefly like Nirvana because it was something fresh and new from the stagnant hair metal that I liked in 1989/90. I think Lynch Mob’s first album was the last hair metal album I got before my love of Testament, Megadeth and Sepultura.

I didn't get into Forbidden and Coroner until later, like after college.  But in high school I was a HUGE Flots fan (maybe too much even).  I also loved those first two Alice in Chains albums in high school, along with my steady diet of thrash.  Same with Living Colour.  I can't remember what my last hair metal album was but it may have been "Against the Law".  When thrash metal died I got into death and classic metal for quite a while.

Then when I heard "Images and Words" I got way into progressive metal and rock for several years.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:44 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

No problem…. 

I didn't get into Forbidden and Coroner until later, like after college.  But in high school I was a HUGE Flots fan (maybe too much even).  I also loved those first two Alice in Chains albums in high school, along with my steady diet of thrash.  Same with Living Colour.  I can't remember what my last hair metal album was but it may have been "Against the Law".  When thrash metal died I got into death and classic metal for quite a while.

Then when I heard "Images and Words" I got way into progressive metal and rock for several years.
But then in the late 90s and early 2000s you got into rapcore, right?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

No problem…. 

To be honest, my idea of death metal at the time was not “pure” death metal. It was Death’s Human album (which was a lot more progressive to his early stuff) and Napalm Death’s Harmony/Corruption (known for being grind-core).

I actually thought Arise from Sepultura was death metal. It’s obviously death influenced thrash. Razz

Last edited by TZ75 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:22 am

Pethead wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

No problem…. 

But then in the late 90s and early 2000s you got into rapcore, right?

I never got into rap except as an occasional giggle.  Never bought a rap album, unlike most metal guys I knew who went from Metallica to NWA.  I guess because they were "edgier" and "funny".
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:27 am

TZ75 wrote:

To be honest, my idea of death metal at the time was not “pure” death metal. It was Death’s Human album (which was a lot more progressive to his early stuff) and Napalm Death’s Harmony/Corruption (known for being grind-core).

I actually thought Arise from Sepultura was death metal. It’s obviously death influenced thrash. Razz

I guess Death was my gateway band into "real death metal" too.  Sepultura as well I guess.  I like ND but never really listened to them too much.  Too punk for me.  I hear they're amazing live though, so I'd like to see them someday.

"Human" as an album for me hasn't aged very well.  I like it, but I don't love it.  I just don't like the songwriting much.  I prefer bands like Disincarnate or Oppressor, who I think wrote more interesting songs and were better guitarists.

When thrash died I started listening to more classic metal like Judas Priest and Dio, bands that I (mistakenly) thought were "too weak" at the time.  Also Pantera were getting worse so I listened to them a lot less so I needed something else to fill the void of aggression, which death metal did (for me and a lot of other folks, I suspect).
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:49 pm

I guess my idea of pure death metal was/is Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation and Malevolent Creation. 

I love Death’s Human album. It was my first exposure to that genre, and the drums are amazing! Also the scooped mids on the guitars are very heavy. If you listen to the remixed reissue, you can hear the small nuances (especially on Steve DiGiorgio’s bass parts).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:25 pm

TZ75 wrote:I guess my idea of pure death metal was/is Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation and Malevolent Creation. 

I love Death’s Human album. It was my first exposure to that genre, and the drums are amazing! Also the scooped mids on the guitars are very heavy. If you listen to the remixed reissue, you can hear the small nuances (especially on Steve DiGiorgio’s bass parts).

Yeah, agreed about pure death metal.  I'd also include Morbid Angel, who I was a huge fan of.  Never really got into MC.

I also love the drums and bass on Human but the riffs ... not so much.  At the first ToB show ever, we played a cover of "Together as One" with a guest vocalist.

Our bassist was in a band called Fleshtized who has a demo called "Tower of Pain".  When I first moved to this area I heard that and was blown away!  I could tell he was influenced by DiGiorgio by his fretless bass playing on that demo.  It was a huge blessing to be able to play with him in ToB after that band folded.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:16 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I guess my idea of pure death metal was/is Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation and Malevolent Creation. 

Yeah, agreed about pure death metal.  I'd also include Morbid Angel, who I was a huge fan of.  Never really got into MC.

I also love the drums and bass on Human but the riffs ... not so much.  At the first ToB show ever, we played a cover of "Together as One" with a guest vocalist.

Our bassist was in a band called Fleshtized who has a demo called "Tower of Pain".  When I first moved to this area I heard that and was blown away!  I could tell he was influenced by DiGiorgio by his fretless bass playing on that demo.  It was a huge blessing to be able to play with him in ToB after that band folded.

You should check out MC’s album “Retribution”. It’s very good! Envenomed is another good one!

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:33 am

Would you consider doing an obscure Queensryche song? Your voice has that certain tone that I think would do it justice.

Check out this song. The lyrics seem like White Metal. 

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Temple of Blood and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:37 am

TZ75 wrote:Would you consider doing an obscure Queensryche song? Your voice has that certain tone that I think would do it justice.

Check out this song. The lyrics seem like White Metal. 

I haven't heard that one in a long time.  We did used to cover "Breaking the Silence" live.  I do love that old QR sound.  One of the biggest issues with power metal stuff is playing it and singing it at the same time.  Otherwise I love doing that kind of material.  It's easier for me in my cover band because I don't have to play guitar there.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:3) You're not just the rhythm guitarist and the singer, you're also the lead guitarist live! Intense! I don't know how you could be so calm.

I just wanted to talk a little bit about this phenomenon.

I feel anyone who has a musical vision and wants their band to keep moving forward has to do this sort of thing at times, even if you don't want to.

Megadeth started as a three piece for the first two years or so because Dave could not find a permanent 2nd guitarist, and only reluctantly became the vocalist because no one else was up to the task.

I recently saw that Exhorder playing live for the first time has their singer also playing rhythm guitar in the band too since the founding guitarist parted ways with them.  And those parts are not easy to play!

I see examples of this kind of thing all the time, and I have a ton of respect for guys who keep going against all odds.  

A lot of times the "perfect" guy for your band is JUST NOT OUT THERE or unfortunately is staring at you in the mirror even though it's one more job you have to take on and you're not sure how to balance it all.  I think fans have no idea how hard it is to recruit and keep a band together and motivated long enough to do anything significant.  No idea!

I didn't really want to be a singer at all.  I just wanted to play guitar.  Only rhythm guitar!  But I never had a great singer around to work with, not to mention one who would be stable enough and consistent enough to stick around for years to make anything happen.  So I started taking lessons for 3 years and tried to sing cover songs of my favorite singers.  Now that I've done it for a long time, I wouldn't even want to work with another singer in this band.  I know what I want to hear and don't want to hear.

Same with lead guitar.  Savatage hired music school lead guitarists after Criss Oliva died.  Seemed like a logical choice.  But none of them actually played the old guitar solos accurately!  So rhythm guitarist Chris Caffery took the time to learn the solos and do it WELL.  That's what I have tried to do for the last several years after our lead guitarist quit.  I had to really up my solo game to play the stuff he did before but now I'm glad I did because it really expanded my musical vocabulary.  Now I have stronger opinions on what I want to hear in guitar solos and if someone else won't do it, then I have the tools to do it (with time and effort of course).

Gene Simmons once said he didn't want a manager because no one else was willing to work harder for the band than he was.  That's the way I've often felt about taking on these other roles.  I shouldn't expect anyone else to be more motivated to be in this band than I am, or willing to put in more effort than I will.

So I feel that any band leader who wants to keep their band moving forward has to take on additional roles when circumstances require it.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, TZ75, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:12 pm

^^ Thanks for sharing that info. It's a good read and makes alot of sense.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:38 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:^^ Thanks for sharing that info. It's a good read and makes alot of sense.

Thanks.

I think this is what Ted also did with Tourniquet.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:15 pm

Temple of wrote:
I hope we can play some Christian fests one day to broaden our reach.

Start churning out some thrash albums that compete or surpass anything done in the scene and the reach will take care of itself. It’s hard to keep interest let alone create new interest without new material unless coming from one of the legacy/vintage bands. That said, all the fans that were into the legacy/vintage thrash bands are clamoring for something/anything to get excited about. Quality material will not only generate interest, but also keep interest. There is no reason why the scene can’t have a modern classic. 30 years is far too long for a thrash album that will stand the test of time.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:34 pm

average joe wrote:
Temple of wrote:
I hope we can play some Christian fests one day to broaden our reach.

Start churning out some thrash albums that compete or surpass anything done in the scene and the reach will take care of itself. It’s hard to keep interest let alone create new interest without new material unless coming from one of the legacy/vintage bands. That said, all the fans that were into the legacy/vintage thrash bands are clamoring for something/anything to get excited about. Quality material will not only generate interest, but also keep interest. There is no reason why the scene can’t have a modern classic. 30 years is far too long for a thrash album that will stand the test of time.

I think Temple Of Blood can deliver on that.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:16 pm

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
YES!
Metal 2
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Metal 3 Guitar guy Metal 1
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:23 pm

Thanks guys!

BTW, we will be learning another Megadeth song in our upcoming setlist and a Coroner one as well!

Sometimes I post new videos on our YouTube channel from old or recent shows.  If you want to see all the updates, subscribe here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiBRululdhgLd6UOVrUS5jQ
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:18 pm

average joe wrote:

Start churning out some thrash albums that compete or surpass anything done in the scene and the reach will take care of itself.

I respectfully disagree.  Some of my favorite albums are barely noticed or mentioned by folks.

It’s hard to keep interest let alone create new interest without new material unless coming from one of the legacy/vintage bands.

Agreed.

That said, all the fans that were into the legacy/vintage thrash bands are clamoring for something/anything to get excited about.

Are they?  It seems like there are a billion thrash releases these days, and all for free on Spotify.

There is no reason why the scene can’t have a modern classic. 30 years is far too long for a thrash album that will stand the test of time.

Well, I hope our albums will be remembered (especially the new one), but in my book Hypnosia - "Extreme Hatred" from 1999 is a thrash classic every bit as good as 80s thrash.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:21 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
average joe wrote:

Start churning out some thrash albums that compete or surpass anything done in the scene and the reach will take care of itself.

I respectfully disagree.  Some of my favorite albums are barely noticed or mentioned by folks.

Because they aren’t the favorites of others, hence their limited reach. 

It’s hard to keep interest let alone create new interest without new material unless coming from one of the legacy/vintage bands.

Agreed.

That said, all the fans that were into the legacy/vintage thrash bands are clamoring for something/anything to get excited about.

Are they?  It seems like there are a billion thrash releases these days, and all for free on Spotify.

Speaking of the Christian realm. Billions of thrash releases? Where?
There is no reason why the scene can’t have a modern classic. 30 years is far too long for a thrash album that will stand the test of time.

Well, I hope our albums will be remembered (especially the new one), but in my book Hypnosia - "Extreme Hatred" from 1999 is a thrash classic every bit as good as 80s thrash.

I was referring to the Christian genre.

I don’t think I used the quote feature properly. lol

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next