The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

+25
Raegoul
scottmitchell74
seth
Constantine
WildWorld
Christian Thrash Rules
StevenCressler
TZ75
Dustofyears
putergod
Dr3ams
Pethead
messiaen77
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Blake
Hardcore Christian
Alan TWWB
Andreas89
eatbugs
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
ThomasEversole
29 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 4 Empty Re: When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:12 am

Black Rider wrote:I John 2 :19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.
Could careless what a book with neat words says. It can't tell me what I felt and what my experience was which is a contradiction to those words as my testimony, yes I was as legit Christian as you or anyone here and for a time believed as much as anyone here professes. So I call that out as garbage. Bet many x-charistians would testify the same. It's just lame.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 4 Empty Re: When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:39 am

Feelings and experiences don't save you. But since you don't believe the Bible it's weird you're arguing for having once believed it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:57 am

Why's it weird? Makes no sense. Once believed in Santa Claus. My parents told me Santa was real, even showed me evidence of the cake crumbs Santa left on the plate in the morning and the half eaten carrot Rudolf ate on the plate outside. I believed it. Now I don't... same diffs... and feelings and experience have everything to do with everything so that's just super stupid... Christians say they feel and experience GOD... you feel stuff at church, "Unctions" and people are "moved" by the holy spirit etc, lolz you got nowhere to go here you ran right into a wall.

Getting converted, that whole process is based on feelings and experience. Getting saved is based on  feelings and experience... raising your hands to god.emotion, feelings and experience...

So I am arguing and calling anyone out that says anyone that claimed they were a Christian and are not now, never were to begin with. That's trite. I am telling you, it is trite. based on my feelings and experiences as one who was "saved" and "Christian". No one can tell me otherwise

Last edited by Dustofyears on Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:06 pm

So you believed something false but it used to be real? You gave intellectual assent to something, doesn't make you a true believer. Like a dude thinking he's a woman because of believing it and their experience doesn't make them a woman.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:11 pm

Black Rider wrote:So you believed something false but it used to be real? You gave intellectual assent to something, doesn't make you a true believer. Like a dude thinking he's a woman because of believing it and their experience doesn't make them a woman.
Nope. I believed in the one true God and Christ as my savior and the holy spirit the whole deal. The dude thinking he's a woman is a chemical or mental imbalance or they are following a modern trend, one of the three. Apples and oranges.

So now you say I can't be saved by feelings or experience or intelligence lolz. Ok. How did you get saved?
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:14 pm

Not gonna get into the “once saved always saved” debate, but Biblical Christianity is absolutely not based around feelings. Some denominations have become very feelings based (looking at you Pentecostals/charismatics), but this is not in the slightest what salvation/conversion is about according to the Bible
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:15 pm

getting saved has a lot to do with feelings lolz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:17 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:man I hate it when Christians say if you leave Christianity you were never really a Christian. It's such a weak argument that is really saying, "it makes me fell more comfortable to say you weren't really a christian and didn't really know God". It really is BS.

Calvinists do this all the time, they have to so they can hold up their doctrines. It also helps them to feel impervious to such a fall.
No, it's Biblical. If you're in the Father's hands, nothing can snatch you out.

Nope, it's not; "Unless you continue in His kindnesses, you too will be cut off!"
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:20 pm

Dustofyears wrote:getting saved has a lot to do with feelings lolz
What is your concept of “getting saved” based on? Because if you think that, you are not familiar with what the Bible has to say about it
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:23 pm

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:getting saved has a lot to do with feelings lolz
What is your concept of “getting saved” based on? Because if you think that, you are not familiar with what the Bible has to say about it
how did you get saved Seth
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:28 pm

Salvation happens when you:
- Realize you are a sinner and cannot prove yourself worthy to a holy God on your own
- Believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that His sacrifice on the cross serves to satisfy the wrath of God that should have been for you, and allow Him to be the lord of your life

It’s about conscious belief, not feelings
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:30 pm

seth wrote:Salvation happens when you:
- Realize you are a sinner and cannot prove yourself worthy to a holy God on your own
- Believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that His sacrifice on the cross serves to satisfy the wrath of God that should have been for you, and allow Him to be the lord of your life

Nice words and of course its conscious

but How did you get saved Seth?

Last edited by Dustofyears on Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:32 pm

Salvation happens when God replaces your heart of stone with a heart of flesh. It's not because of emotion or experience, it's a singular act of God.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:33 pm

Black Rider wrote:Salvation happens when God replaces your heart of stone with a heart of flesh. It's not because of emotion or experience, it's a singular act of God.
Yes I know all the right words to say too remember I was a Christian for years and years. I learned to repeat them too.

And how did you get saved Black rider?

Last edited by Dustofyears on Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:33 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:man I hate it when Christians say if you leave Christianity you were never really a Christian. It's such a weak argument that is really saying, "it makes me fell more comfortable to say you weren't really a christian and didn't really know God". It really is BS.

Calvinists do this all the time, they have to so they can hold up their doctrines. It also helps them to feel impervious to such a fall.
No, it's Biblical. If you're in the Father's hands, nothing can snatch you out.

Nope, it's not; "Unless you continue in His kindnesses, you too will be cut off!"
If you are truly saved, you will continue in His kindness. Otherwise it's becoming works based. Like the RCC believes.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:34 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Salvation happens when God replaces your heart of stone with a heart of flesh. It's not because of emotion or experience, it's a singular act of God.
I just told you. God replaced my unbelieving heart of stone with a heart of flesh that believes.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:36 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
I just told you. God replaced my unbelieving heart of stone with a heart of flesh that believes.
And how did he do that?
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:39 pm

Salvation initially happens at baptism, when one is born again. Then it's a lifelong process of sanctification, cooperation with grace, how God removes the heart of stone. Without such cooperation, the heart can be hardened again.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:40 pm

Dustofyears wrote:

When I realized Jesus was the son of God, and that He actually died to appease God’s wrath for my sin. I know some people do have a strongly emotional experience when they convert. I did not. However, even for people that do, it is not those emotions that bring salvation itself.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:44 pm

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

When I realized Jesus was the son of God, and that He actually died to appease God’s wrath for my sin. I know some people do have a strongly emotional experience when they convert. I did not. However, even for people that do, it is not those emotions that bring salvation itself.
So you just one day suddenly realized Jesus was the son of God simple as that?
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:48 pm

I can’t honestly pinpoint a specific day or time. I was raised in a Christian household, but when I was very young I really wasn’t interested in God at all. Possibly just me being a contrary kid. Over time however I realized that it was in fact real, and my faith has gotten stronger with time
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:49 pm

Mhm... not the full story is it Seth.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:49 pm

Since you seem to know my story better than I do, what do you think is the “full story?”
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:50 pm

seth wrote:I can’t honestly pinpoint a specific day or time.  I was raised in a Christian household, but when I was very young I really wasn’t interested in God at all. Possibly just me being a contrary kid. Over time however I realized that it was in fact real, and my faith has gotten stronger with time
You raised in it. Right that makes sense. Now I get where you are coming from. There's the story.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:51 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
And how did he do that?
Your asking how God saved me? Again, by giving me a new heart.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next