The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

+25
Raegoul
scottmitchell74
seth
Constantine
WildWorld
Christian Thrash Rules
StevenCressler
TZ75
Dustofyears
putergod
Dr3ams
Pethead
messiaen77
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Blake
Hardcore Christian
Alan TWWB
Andreas89
eatbugs
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
ThomasEversole
29 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 5 Empty Re: When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:52 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Salvation happens when God replaces your heart of stone with a heart of flesh. It's not because of emotion or experience, it's a singular act of God.

Salvation initially happens at baptism, when one is born again. Then it's a lifelong process of sanctification, cooperation with grace, how God removes the heart of stone. Without such cooperation, the heart can be hardened again.
This is not Biblical and becomes works based salvation.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 5 Empty Re: When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:I can’t honestly pinpoint a specific day or time.  I was raised in a Christian household, but when I was very young I really wasn’t interested in God at all. Possibly just me being a contrary kid. Over time however I realized that it was in fact real, and my faith has gotten stronger with time
You raised in it. Right that makes sense. Now I get where you are coming from. There's the story.
When I was younger, it may have been accurate to say I only believed because I was raised that way. However, as I’ve gotten older, I have had plenty of time to think about it for myself. And I still believe.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:54 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Salvation happens when God replaces your heart of stone with a heart of flesh. It's not because of emotion or experience, it's a singular act of God.
And how did you get saved Black rider?
I just told you. God replaced my unbelieving heart of stone with a heart of flesh that believes.
And how did he do that?
Your asking how God saved me? Again, by giving me a new heart.
I'm not after the right words you are taught to say I am after your story of how you got saved.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:54 pm

Btw, baptism in the Bible always comes AFTER belief, not before
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:

Salvation initially happens at baptism, when one is born again. Then it's a lifelong process of sanctification, cooperation with grace, how God removes the heart of stone. Without such cooperation, the heart can be hardened again.
This is not Biblical and becomes works based salvation.

Well, I expect that a Calvinist such as yourself would object in such a manner. However I don't want to derail this thread with discussions that belong in the Theology section. Feel free to respond to my posts in the "Catholic Things" thread...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:02 pm

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:I can’t honestly pinpoint a specific day or time.  I was raised in a Christian household, but when I was very young I really wasn’t interested in God at all. Possibly just me being a contrary kid. Over time however I realized that it was in fact real, and my faith has gotten stronger with time
You raised in it. Right that makes sense. Now I get where you are coming from. There's the story.
When I was younger, it may have been accurate to say I only believed because I was raised that way. However, as I’ve gotten older, I have had plenty of time to think about it for myself. And I still believe.
The seed was planted in you from a young age and you were raised in it. So what broke the camels back, that when you were an adult you returned to that seed planted in you from a young age... there would have been something that triggered that, unless it was just a seed that had been growing into a plant all along without you even realizing it was always there... desensitized to the fact, I can see how that works.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:07 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
The seed was planted in you from a young age and you were raised in it. So what broke the camels back, that when you were an adult you returned to that seed planted in you from a young age... there would have been something that triggered that, unless it was just a seed that had been growing into a plant all along without you even realizing it was always there... desensitized to the fact, I can see how that works.
If you want to put it that way, yes, there were seeds planted at a young age. Jesus Himself used that metaphor. And the plant has indeed been growing all along. Like I said, for me there hasn’t really been a dramatic adult conversion experience. More along the lines of having time over the years to think about and learn more about what I believe and why I believe it, and faith growing stronger that way. I would say I have been a believer since childhood though
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:10 pm

no wonder. conclusion= not every conversion can be measured in the same way.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:11 pm

Your turn black rider step on up.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:12 pm

True. However, although the process can look different for different people, what actually constitutes saving faith is universal. And it isn’t about emotion.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:15 pm

seth wrote:True. However, although the process can look different for different people, what actually constitutes saving faith is universal. And it isn’t about emotion.
See that;s what I mean by it can't be measured in the same way. You are measuring by your own experience, which I am going to take a shot and say is pretty sheltered. Don't do that. You have no right to do that.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:17 pm

My knowledge of what constitutes saving faith isn’t based on my experience, but based on what the Bible says about it. Whether or not you believe the Bible, you have to agree that it is the standard of what constitutes the Christian faith
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:20 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:True. However, although the process can look different for different people, what actually constitutes saving faith is universal. And it isn’t about emotion.
See that;s what I mean by it can't be measured in the same way. You are measuring by your own experience, which I am going to take a shot and say is pretty sheltered. Don't do that. You have no right to do that.
You base what you believe on experience.

Last edited by Black Rider on Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:21 pm

For insisting your not an atheist, you argue like one.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:22 pm

seth wrote:My knowledge of what constitutes saving faith isn’t based on my experience, but based on what the Bible says about it. Whether or not you believe the Bible, you have to agree that it is the standard of what constitutes the Christian faith
I never said it is about emotion. I said emotion and feelings and experience and Intellect have a lot to do with it...goodness me how can it not. But I can see how your choice in belief and conversion worked. It's not so surprising is it? That's why I like to get the back stories of which black Rider swiftly ran from. Cheers.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:23 pm

Black Rider wrote:For insisting your not an atheist, you argue like one.
You don't argue at all. What you hiding from?
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:24 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
You bad what you believe on experience.
what?
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:30 pm

Aha...thought so.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:33 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
My experience as a child was fairly sheltered, as I’m sure is the case for most children. However, as a teen and adult I have had a lot of exposure to all kinds of different belief systems, and taken the time to think about them in depth. Like I said, while (thank God) that “seed” was planted early, I can say confidently that I am not merely a Christian because of lack of exposure to other beliefs, or lack of thinking in depth about my own beliefs.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:37 pm

So you came through intellect basically. That's your own words not mine and it;s not a dig either. That has been your whole process to conversion do you realize that? for others it comes through other avenues through their own experience and walk in life,which again, is different from yours. Your mind has always been soaked in religion...no surprises right. Just saying...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:39 pm

Like if you put a frog in slow boiling water man it's gunna cook one way or the other ya know.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:56 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:For insisting your not an atheist, you argue like one.
You don't argue at all. What you hiding from?
How am I hiding? I state clearly what I believe. You hide behind being an agnostic then tell everyone else they're wrong if they do believe.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:03 pm

Haven't told anyone they are wrong if they believe. It started with you telling me I wasn't a Christian in the first place, which is just straight out lame bs Christians say and a massive cop-out, and yet another scapegoat. I was a bible believing Christian like you are now.

What I want to know is how did you come to Christ and how were you saved.

And yes, feelings, intellect and experience has lots to do with it. So now, how then...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:15 pm

C'mon, you should be confident in your faith, there's no problem right? And what does Jesus say when a man asks you about such things, we are to share them, right? shine bright the light of Christ through your saved testimony, right? Just like Seth did...

lets see if there's feelings, experience and intellect involved, since you say there is none.

Take your time, I'm all ears...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:29 pm

I always knew about God, when I was four I decided to actually make the choice and give him my heart. Not really the most interesting of testimonies.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next