The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

+25
Raegoul
scottmitchell74
seth
Constantine
WildWorld
Christian Thrash Rules
StevenCressler
TZ75
Dustofyears
putergod
Dr3ams
Pethead
messiaen77
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Blake
Hardcore Christian
Alan TWWB
Andreas89
eatbugs
deathisgain
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
ThomasEversole
29 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 6 Empty Re: When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:38 am

hmm...4 steven really... you were raised in a christian home weren't you...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 6 Empty Re: When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band...

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:50 am

Dustofyears wrote:hmm...4 steven really... you were raised in a christian home weren't you...
Yep

You hear about 4 year olds having meltdowns? My 4 year old meltdowns were about why God had to give us free will 😂
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:54 am

When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 6 1f604 lolz... ok that makes sense... I didn't even know what free will was at 4!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:04 am

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:Salvation happens when you:
- Realize you are a sinner and cannot prove yourself worthy to a holy God on your own
- Believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that His sacrifice on the cross serves to satisfy the wrath of God that should have been for you, and allow Him to be the lord of your life

It’s about conscious belief, not feelings
Nice words and of course its conscious

but How did you get saved Seth?
When I realized Jesus was the son of God, and that He actually died to appease God’s wrath for my sin. I know some people do have a strongly emotional experience when they convert. I did not. However, even for people that do, it is not those emotions that bring salvation itself.

This.

I became a believer. It wasn't really emotional. It seemed logical and natural. As I've aged I've become more emotional about it for a number of reasons including recognizing my worthlessness,  the gravity of the gift, being a father myself. 

My daughter was baptized on her 20th birthday last Summer. She was very emotional.  She believes logically but she also has feminine sensitivities and I suppose those qualities mixed with the nature/gravity of the situation led to emotion.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:06 am

How were you saved Scott?
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:07 am

Dustofyears wrote:When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 6 1f604 lolz... ok that makes sense... I didn't even know what free will was at 4!
Yeah, at 4 I was very smart for my age... unfortunately that's not exactly the case 11 years later lol
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:09 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:When a "Christian band" says they're not a Christian band... - Page 6 1f604 lolz... ok that makes sense... I didn't even know what free will was at 4!
Yeah, at 4 I was very smart for my age... unfortunately that's not exactly the case 11 years later lol
lolz...don't worry i'm way older than you and I've never been smart!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:11 am

You seem pretty smart to me by the way. Stay that way.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:13 am

Dustofyears wrote:You seem pretty smart to me by the way. Stay that way.
I actually am smart when I am. My intellegence varies so much depending on my mood/focus level/awakeness/etc. At times I can (at the risk of sounding prideful) be extremely smart, at others I'm so dumb I confuse myself. But of course you won't see much of me being dumb on here because it's easier when you can say and do everything slowly and can fix any mistakes with the pushes of a few buttons.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:19 am

You can see all my mistakes here coz i just dont care. but i rush and forget to say things so that'll be the only time i edit. i type in a stream of consciousness so kind of pure untouched thought mostly, raw.  I can write probperly when i wont to.

be proud that you are smart if it's true and you know it there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't get a fat head lolz.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:22 am

interesting when i ask these guys about their saved stories, their actually stories not the gibberish, they do a runner. Maybe scotts busy. Black rider is a runner though. He knows. Have a good day Steven.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:25 am

Dustofyears wrote:How were you saved Scott?

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Raised by agnostics but had access to the Word via Aunts and Uncles... VBS and such.

Parents sent me to Parochial school 1st-3rd for academic reasons, but had exposure to hundreds of Masses.

Asked all the curious childhood questions about the Universe, who created God, etc...

Pondered in my heart for some years.

Spoke to a non-dom preacher at 13 and he vetted my desire to make sure I was mature and making my own decision.

Was baptized.

Have spent the next 36 years in an upward-slanted sanctification process that must surely very much resemble the Stock Market's ever-upward but volatile climb: moments of varying levels of faith and commitment - but always a believer who certainly understands the Mark 9:24 father and the Matthew 28:17 disciples who were a frustrating mixture of belief and doubt.

The Creation itself is a massive part of my belief "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:25 am

Dustofyears wrote:You can see all my mistakes here coz i just dont care. but i rush and forget to say things so that'll be the only time i edit. i type in a stream of consciousness so kind of pure untouched thought mostly, raw.  I can write probperly when i wont to.

be proud that you are smart if it's true and you know it there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't get a fat head lolz.
Yeah, I need to find the balance between being sinfully prideful while also being truthful. I think many Christians don't like even mentioning good things about themselves for fear of boasting.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:46 am

StevenCressler wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:You can see all my mistakes here coz i just dont care. but i rush and forget to say things so that'll be the only time i edit. i type in a stream of consciousness so kind of pure untouched thought mostly, raw.  I can write probperly when i wont to.

Yeah, I need to find the balance between being sinfully prideful while also being truthful. I think many Christians don't like even mentioning good things about themselves for fear of boasting.
For fear of this for fear of that...there's a lot of that isn't there, in churches etc. DOn;t let anyone make you feel bad about yourself, or have to humble yourself to make them feel better. It's all a bunch nonsense.Looks like I'm not getting those saved testomines in a hurry lolz. Have a good day Steven and keep jamming hard.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:56 am

thanks Scott. So essentially you were also raised with it and even went to bible school for a short time and had some preacher Shepard you at age 13. Yep. got it. all through the young malleable years of course like everyone thus far I have spoken to. Why does this not surprise me... of course you asked those questions, so did I when my grandmother told me if I don't give my heart to Jesus at age 7 then I will go to hell lolz so naturally, I too started asking questions. Next minute out come all the shepherds you could hope for.

so far everyone of you that has answered have been raised in an intellectual manner of the Christianity and have been nurtured by it from older people.

So what happened when you gave your life to Christi was it as simple as a prayer and muttering words from someone else's lips, or was it a flood gate. I'm going to guess it was like Seth's situation, purely an intellectual choice...

Last edited by Dustofyears on Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:57 am

Dustofyears wrote:So you came through intellect basically. That's your own words not mine and it;s not a dig either. That has been your whole process to conversion do you realize that? for others it comes through other avenues through their own experience and walk in life,which again, is different from yours. Your mind has always been soaked in religion...no surprises right. Just saying...
While I certainly used my mind to think critically about my faith and to decide to follow Christ, ultimately it wasn’t my intellect that saved me, it was Christ Himself. I see what you mean though. Different people have different paths to conversion. However, the definition of saving faith itself remains constant
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:58 am

And as CS Lewis said, humility isn’t thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:02 pm

Well, ok Seth. But at least you can see that experience does count and the reason some convert with feeling is because they are broken, unlike the trained ones that grow up with it. Ask Julie MIller about that. When I walked the christian walk I meant it. No one can say otherwise. Cheers.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:03 pm

seth wrote:And as CS Lewis said, humility isn’t thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less
Who cares what C'S Lweis thinks lolz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:03 pm

Tolkien said a bunch of stuff too... lolz good day guys. I gotta get some air. Cheers.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:05 pm

Lewis was a really smart guy, whether you agree with him or not. He may be most well known for works of fantasy like Narnia, but he wrote a lot of philosophical and theological works as well
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:07 pm

And that quote about humility could be applied even from a non Christian perspective. True humility isn’t self hatred or self pity, but the lack of selfishness, pride and self obsession
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:07 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:And as CS Lewis said, humility isn’t thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less
Who cares what C'S Lweis thinks lolz
I don't care what "C'S Lweis" thinks. No idea who that guy even is. We're talking about CS Lewis. Razz
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:09 pm

Seth I 've read his stuff. Yes he is a smart man. But there are educated fools that people think a re smart too, including themselves. I agree with Lewis statement. I was simply saying to Steve, DOn't buy into all the keep yourself humble down trodden, like they do in chruch all the time. and you know exactly what I am tlaking about. And it's BS. Believe in yourself. There's nothing wrong with that. The church likes to rip that out of people. so that's my point.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:10 pm

seth wrote:And that quote about humility could be applied even from a non Christian perspective. True humility isn’t self hatred or self pity, but the lack of selfishness, pride and self obsession
That would be nice if it were true. It's not so in churches. It's all about fear and doubt.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next