The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification

+17
Superjuice
crucifyd
TZ75
Second Wind
Raegoul
MagnusPrime
BaleMaster
Son of Nun
Dustofyears
Ammocas
seth
scottmitchell74
StevenCressler
CrimsonWarrior
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Pethead
21 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

TQT or Morty?

First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification - Page 7 I_vote_lcap73%First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 22 ]
First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification - Page 7 I_vote_lcap27%First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification - Page 7 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 30

First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification - Page 7 Empty Re: First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:16 pm

TZ75 wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Pethead wrote:What Metallica fans really want is their classic albums re-rerecorded with Lars’ St. Anger snare.

As bad as most of the material on St. Anger is, it could at least be made listenable. Giving it a decent remix with a better sampled snare - as well as adding some effects or "fixing" Hetfield's dry, strained vocals - would definitely improve it.

It would still be dead last in my Metallica album rankings, though.

St. Anger was the sound of a band that was burnt out and entering a midlife crisis.

Yeah they were almost constantly on the road or in the studio together for 20 years. That would take a toll to say the least.

Their brand suffered/suffers from extreme overexposure and oversaturation. 

If the Black Album had not exploded them into intergalactic popularity, and they had stayed around their 80s level of success, I don't think their later output would be quite so over-scrutinized. 

Lots of underground bands have radically changed their sound over the years, but they're not hated on near as badly.

That said, there are a lot of factors at play with Metallica and the sometimes  scratch decisions they've made over the decades. 

I understand the artistic exploration, but St. Anger and their Lou Reed collaboration were obviously DOA. I have both albums as collection-fillers, but they're basically just decorations for my shelves.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification - Page 7 Empty Re: First 3 Tourniquet or First 3 Mortification

Post by StevenCressler Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:55 am

Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Lately I’ve been listening to Mort’s EnVision and Hammer of God albums. I like the thrash and groove metal direction they went on those. Especially EnVision! He still had the growls mixed in and Lincoln Bowen knew how to play some tasty solos. Steve’s bass was crushing too. I like the DD Verni/Overkill style attack!
Envision is where I hopped off the Mort ride. NOah sat down and a coffee... no thanks Steve.
That song has goofy lyrics, but the riffs are great so I love it lol
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri May 03, 2024 7:14 am

I said TQT even though the vocals on STB sound like he's getting repeatedly kicked in the balls.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7