The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll

+13
scottmitchell74
BaleMaster
Lamentmx
Ammocas
PlaceOfASkull
stevegarveyfan
Dustofyears
Raegoul
TZ75
eatbugs
Grindboy
Pethead
My Awesome Timothy
17 posters

Go down

MORTIFICATION v TOURNIQUET Debut Album

MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll I_vote_lcap21%MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]
MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll I_vote_lcap79%MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll I_vote_rcap 79% 
[ 22 ]

Total Votes : 28

MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll Empty MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:37 am

Again a very tough one to choose, but gotta go with Mortification.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll Empty Re: MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:42 am

As much as I love Morty’s debut, TQT wins this one pretty handily.

Best debut in all of thrash, IMHO. Just ahead of Testament’s The Legacy.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll Empty Re: MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll

Post by Grindboy Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:40 pm

Mortification, but based more on style than "quality" if that makes sense.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:09 pm

Tourniquet...barely.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Tourniquet by a mile! 

Don’t get me wrong… I like the s/t Mortification album a lot too. But the musicianship is on another level with STB. To be fair, the styles are very different. Mortification was playing basic bare-bones death/thrash, while Tourniquet were flashy and technical.

Another reason I choose Tourniquet is because the Mortification album is too monotonous. It all sounds the same. Whereas Tourniquet’s songs had more individual quality.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:58 pm

TQT for me but I love the Morti debut a lot as well.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:24 pm

Mort.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:15 pm

Mortification's first album was good, but it's just not fair to put it up against an album that belongs in music's version of the Louvre.

It's akin to pitting Nellie Fox against Babe Ruth.  Both are Hall of Famers, but c'mon man.
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead, Ammocas, TZ75, BaleMaster, Raegoul, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:43 am

Tourniquet.

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:55 pm

I love Mortification as my avatar shows….But, Tourniquet STB is the winner here for me.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamentmx Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:19 pm

I go with Mortification they have my shympaty better than actual Tourniquet.

Lamentmx
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:17 pm

Lamentmx wrote:I go with Mortification they have my shympaty better than actual Tourniquet.

Steve Rowe signed Lament to his Rowe Productions label. That helps! 😁
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Grindboy, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:24 am

The Test For Leprosyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! 

cheers Rockin Loud Metal 2 Metal 3 Metal 1
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:03 pm

Pethead wrote:As much as I love Morty’s debut, TQT wins this one pretty handily.

Best debut in all of thrash, IMHO. Just ahead of Testament’s The Legacy.
This
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:37 pm

Not a fair contest.  Tourniquet is technical thrash, Mortification is not.
Both albums are great but Tourniquet wins for sheer musicality.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:19 am

Lamentmx wrote:I go with Mortification they have my shympaty better than actual Tourniquet.
Was the heaveist and gloomiest thing I had heard up to that point. Certainly made an impression on my mind. Don't get how something being technically better makes one album more superior to another though. Must all be musicians= never understood that way of thinking. Anyway, Here's Gonzo, and he's going to throw done another one, so shhh...

MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll Gonzo11
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:19 am

Interestingly I tend to listen to Mortification's selftitled album more and more. Listened to it more often than to Stop the Bleeding in the last two years. Scrolls is far better and especially PMA has soo much more to offer style- and creativity-wise.
But the oldschool death metal sound makes it more and more interesting after all those years.
Though the musicianship of STB can't be beat by any Mortification album so I still vote for Tourniquet.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:16 pm

cant stand STB and would pick Morty by a mile
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:29 pm

mothy wrote:cant stand STB and would pick Morty by a mile
Yeah I can't listen to it anymore. Whenever I hear the vocals I just think of Gonzo. The lead guitar work is friggin' awesome though.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:43 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Was the heaveist and gloomiest thing I had heard up to that point. Certainly made an impression on my mind. Don't get how something being technically better makes one album more superior to another though. Must all be musicians= never understood that way of thinking. Anyway, Here's Gonzo, and he's going to throw done another one, so shhh...

Well if people are gonna say Destruction Comes is repetitive and “samey”, wouldn’t Mort’s first album be in that same category? It’s a double standard imo. In fact, I’d say DC has some elements that are “outside the box” like Raegoul.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:56 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Well if people are gonna say Destruction Comes is repetitive and “samey”, wouldn’t Mort’s first album be in that same category? It’s a double standard imo. In fact, I’d say DC has some elements that are “outside the box” like Raegoul.
Oh that's okay. People should say what they like, all good. yeah it is samey, but I like that samey lol. Most albums are kind of samey right through though... MOST... It just depends on if or not you like that flavor of samey I guess
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:00 pm

Options are opinions for a reason, I don't agree with you about DC or that Mort S/T is samey atll but that's the beauty of this forum.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:13 pm

Tourniquet - Stop the Bledding is their best album and is the different one from his discography, a classic one.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:01 pm

A funny thing occurred to me…

Notice how Jayson Sherlock is wearing a STB shirt inside the Scrolls album booklet. Maybe he would’ve voted for Tourniquet too! Razz

MORTIFICATION V TOURNIQUET Debut Album Poll Bb520610
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:40 am

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Most s/t has songs done in the same style.

Destruction Comes has the same song recorded about 4 times with different lyrics. (Slightly exaggerated, but only slightly.)

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down