The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll

+11
Ammocas
TZ75
Dustofyears
Sevenoneself
Raegoul
Black Rider
crucifyd
Grindboy
Temple of Blood
Pethead
My Awesome Timothy
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LIVING SACRIFICE v THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll

LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll I_vote_lcap47%LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 9 ]
LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll I_vote_lcap53%LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll I_vote_rcap 53% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 19

LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll Empty LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:42 am

Love both releases but Living Sacrifice edges it for me
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll Empty Re: LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:44 am

Living Sacrifice, but both are great and the best from each band.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll Empty Re: LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:49 pm

no contest!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:07 pm

Yeah, ToB LOVES The Crucified.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:42 pm

The Crucified all day every day. Living Sacrifice gets the lifetime achievement award, but Crucified is the season MVP.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:30 pm

I went with the crucified ... for SOME reason   scratch   
<--------

man, these polls are impossible...too close to call

Last edited by crucifyd on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:52 pm

Living Sacrifice for the debuts.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:56 pm

The Crucified for me as it is one of my favorite albums ever, but that LS is not that far behind.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:05 pm

Man, I'm feeling like an opinionated jerk right now!! Just like I didn't care for Believer's debut album, I don't care for The Crucified's either. 

Mark Salamon fan? Check. 
Jim Chaffin fan? Check.
Jeff Bellew fan? Check.
Pillars of Humanity fan? Check. I think it's in my top 20 Christian Metal list. 
Fan of The Blamed's cover of Guy In A Suit and the Pope? Check.

Their Debut Album? Don't care for it. To me it sounds like a bunch of junior high kids making music--it has potential but wasn't worth recording. And I do have their Box Collection that has most of their demos on it.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:08 pm

I'm pulling it out to listen to it again; it's been a few years. I'll give it another spin; definitely got alot of raw energy to it, which is awesome!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:15 pm

Totally agree Seven, I listen to it for some nostalgia but they got so much better.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:45 pm

LS self titled- overrated- it's a good debut and second rate clone and very straight forward thrash album. It's "good"

So have to go with The Crucified on this one.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:42 am

Dustofyears wrote:LS self titled- overrated- it's a good debut and second rate clone and very straight forward thrash album. It's "good"

So have to go with The Crucified on this one.

I agree with you on your first sentence. Unlike Pethead, I don't think this LS album is them at their best. 

If I was to rate which album was most original I'd probably choose The Crucified.

But if I take the whole package: song-writing, musicianship, originality, production quality, etc., I'd stay with LS for sure.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:01 am

The Crucified! 

I was a Crucified fanatic all of high school and many years after! To me, it’s one of the greatest crossover albums ever! I love the energy, the rawness and the lyrics. They definitely broke the mold from the generic and formulaic style of Christian metal. It’s no surprise I was drawn to this album, since I was also a big Suicidal Tendencies fan!  

I also love the Living Sacrifice album. But I didn’t even own it until Tooth & Nail reissued it on Solid State records. The Slayer comparison is awesome, but the vocals have no personality compared to Mark Salomon’s. Mark’s voice had attitude and conviction. Whereas, DJ sounds like he’s on autopilot with no particular style. Although I would still prefer that over his (cat choking on a hairball) death growls. 

I think both of these albums are their best releases. I do appreciate LS’s death metal “experiments”, but it didn’t impress me as much. I think they should have further developed their thrash style. They could’ve been a death/thrash combination. Like Sepultura, Devastation and Demolition Hammer.

This is what I imagine they could’ve done.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:39 am

You guys thinking the Crucified's S/t is their best scares me.  Razz
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Machine Fish and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:42 pm

Two great debuts but I’m going with LS. For my own personal taste I much prefer Pillars over all of them.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Black Rider wrote:You guys thinking the Crucified's S/t is their best scares me.  Razz

Well I actually have always loved both the s/t and Pillars equally for many years. I bought the s/t first and that has nostalgic value to me. 

I know the production is a lot better on Pillars too… but I also think the vocals are better on the s/t. Mark’s voice had more grit and aggression. I gotta be honest… when I would listen to Pillars, my focus was mostly on Greg’s guitar playing and riffs. Intro/Hateworld is awesome! I love the big crunchy guitar sound and the mosh groove. It’s better than March of the S.O.D.

What scares me is when we think others should like things exactly the same as we do. We all have different opinions. Some people like Kill ‘Em All better than Ride the Lightning. It’s all a matter of taste.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:41 am

The Crucified. 
I'm definitely in the minority on this forum, but I much prefer Living Sacrifice albums post Reborn.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Black Rider, Frozen Fire, Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:45 am

Machine Fish wrote:The Crucified. 
I'm definitely in the minority on this forum, but I much prefer Living Sacrifice albums post Reborn.
LIVING SACRIFICE V THE CRUCIFIED Debut Album Poll 53241491
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:11 pm

Machine Fish wrote:The Crucified. 

I agree! (with the exception of the first LS album. 
I don’t know what’s not to like about them… 
I especially like the last two! (The Infinite Order and Ghost Thief)

IMO they are very similar to the Soulfly albums with Marc Rizzo.

*note
If I’m wrong… I don’t want to be right! 🤣
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:25 pm

The self titled Living Sacrifice has the riffs but it doesn't have the songs. It's been 12 year since I've listened to Slayer "South of Heaven" and both riffs and lyrics come back. The LS album absolutely does not. I wish it weren't so.

The Crucified is equally my style but it's got the songs. I'm a sucker for Crossover. Add to it that I'm on the heresy list for preferring it to Pillars and The Crucified takes it.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:28 pm

I'm one of the weirdos...
I like Pillars but Cru self-titled rules...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:41 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Black Rider wrote:You guys thinking the Crucified's S/t is their best scares me.  Razz

Well I actually have always loved both the s/t and Pillars equally for many years. I bought the s/t first and that has nostalgic value to me. 

I know the production is a lot better on Pillars too… but I also think the vocals are better on the s/t. Mark’s voice had more grit and aggression. I gotta be honest… when I would listen to Pillars, my focus was mostly on Greg’s guitar playing and riffs. Intro/Hateworld is awesome! I love the big crunchy guitar sound and the mosh groove. It’s better than March of the S.O.D.

What scares me is when we think others should like things exactly the same as we do. We all have different opinions. Some people like Kill ‘Em All better than Ride the Lightning. It’s all a matter of taste.
I was being funny.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:41 pm

TZ75 wrote:

But people should think exactly the way I do. Then we'd all get along and there'd be no need for wars.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:22 am

TZ75 wrote:The Crucified! 

I was a Crucified fanatic all of high school and many years after! To me, it’s one of the greatest crossover albums ever! I love the energy, the rawness and the lyrics. They definitely broke the mold from the generic and formulaic style of Christian metal. It’s no surprise I was drawn to this album, since I was also a big Suicidal Tendencies fan!  

I also love the Living Sacrifice album. But I didn’t even own it until Tooth & Nail reissued it on Solid State records. The Slayer comparison is awesome, but the vocals have no personality compared to Mark Salomon’s. Mark’s voice had attitude and conviction. Whereas, DJ sounds like he’s on autopilot with no particular style. Although I would still prefer that over his (cat choking on a hairball) death growls. 

I think both of these albums are their best releases. I do appreciate LS’s death metal “experiments”, but it didn’t impress me as much. I think they should have further developed their thrash style. They could’ve been a death/thrash combination. Like Sepultura, Devastation and Demolition Hammer.

This is what I imagine they could’ve done.
Really enjoying this album right now!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next