The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll

+14
zelote
mothy
Constantine
Ammocas
Dustofyears
Sevenoneself
Frozen Fire
Raegoul
TZ75
Black Rider
crucifyd
Grindboy
Pethead
My Awesome Timothy
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album

BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll I_vote_lcap44%BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 14 ]
BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll I_vote_lcap56%BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 32

BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll Empty BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:32 am

For many this is very tough but not for me.  Believer wins hands down, such a phenomenal thrash metal album secular or Christian IMO.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll Empty Re: BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:35 am

While I’ve probably listened to HS more, I’d say EfM is a better album. So I’ll pick that.

Both are good, but both are blown away by Stop the Bleeding and Living Sacrifice, IMHO.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll Empty Re: BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll

Post by Grindboy Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:39 pm

Easily my favorite Believer album, but still Human Sacrifice by a nose.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:28 pm

it's too close to call but I went with HS because I regularly call it my all-timer
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:54 pm

Believer. Roger's vocals suck and I listen to gnarly vocals.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:Believer. Roger's vocals suck and I listen to gnarly vocals.
As much as I enjoy VR, Roger’s vocals on the first two keep me from enjoying them as much as I should.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:13 pm

I feel like he's straining too much, too much throat and not enough diaphragm.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:14 pm

Black Rider wrote:I feel like he's straining too much, too much throat and not enough diaphragm.
Agreed. He sounds like he’s vomiting.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:47 pm

Extraction is my favorite Believer album. I appreciate the energy of Human Sacrifice… but the vocals and production make it a hard listen. Gotta go with Believer!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:54 pm

Pethead wrote:
As much as I enjoy VR, Roger’s vocals on the first two keep me from enjoying them as much as I should.

Agreed. Although I think Roger greatly improved on the last two VR albums. I’m one of the few that like Destruction Comes the best. I like his rapid-fire crossover thrash shouting. And on Released Upon the Earth, he finally had a nice guttural death growl.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:27 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pethead wrote:

Agreed. Although I think Roger greatly improved on the last two VR albums. I’m one of the few that like Destruction Comes the best. I like his rapid-fire crossover thrash shouting. And on Released Upon the Earth, he finally had a nice guttural death growl.
Absolutely
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:01 pm

Believer but HS is a bona fide classic with White Throne, I love Hating Evil and other all time favorites.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:02 pm

I think EFM is Believer’s equivalent to Sepultura’s Beneath the Remains. They both even have songs that have the same exact double kick drum intro (Vile Hypocrisy & Sarcastic Existance). And both albums are from 1989.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:29 pm

TZ75 wrote:I think EFM is Believer’s equivalent to Sepultura’s Beneath the Remains. They both even have songs that have the same exact double kick drum intro (Vile Hypocrisy & Sarcastic Existance). And both albums are from 1989.
I like this comment. Beneath the Remains is my favorite thrash album of all time. Visceral, brutal, varied and yet somehow having killer melodic solos. It was, for me, a leap of indescribable proportions from Schizophrenia.

Though Extraction From Mortality, for me, is a big step down from that I love it for many similar reasons (except Believer's guitar solos, while unique, stink Cool ).

Vengeance Rising is a conundrum for me. Human Sacrifice is the only album I can truly enjoy aside from parts of Once Dead and Released Upon The Earth. I do not like the band in general. Human Sacrifice however has some truly killer songs on it and the out of place bluesy solos at times work brilliantly. Beheaded is worth the price of admission alone.

Extraction From Mortality dominates this because I by far prefer Believer.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:48 pm

You have to take my vote for Human Sacrifice with a grain of salt, as I've only listened to Believer a handful of times. It wasn't melodic enough for my taste, so I didn't listen anymore. I tried again a year or two ago, but it's just one of those things...

So this poll was very easy for me, as HS wins by a landslide. But I'm not the best person to be judging these two albums.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:13 pm

That's really tough. Even though DC is my fav from vengeance Rising, when I first heard that intro to White Throne (which id memory serves was the first time I heard Vengeance)  that melodic and ominous guitar line pedaling over those chords changed how I viewed music from that day. Also, the reckless way roger "sings" tore my head of when I first heard it, where as Beliver was another standard thrash vocal. Roger was insane, which I dig.

Believer it was Sanity Obscure that hooked me in first and the debut took a me a while to feel out it's hidden hooks.

For those reasons I'll go with HS.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:09 pm

BELIEVER v VENGEANCE Debut Album Poll E85b4410
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:11 pm

^
I prefer the Unreleased First Mix of HS
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

cailen, mothy, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:41 pm

VR because it had unique qualities that set it apart.  The Believer debut was good but to someone who listened to a lot of secular thrash, it was not unique except for some awesome lyrics.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:12 pm

HS but only the First Mix edition!
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:17 pm

Extraction is better, Destruction Comes is not bad, but is just a regular records for me.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:33 pm

Pethead wrote:
Black Rider wrote:I feel like he's straining too much, too much throat and not enough diaphragm.
Agreed. He sounds like he’s vomiting.
To me he sounds like he's in extreme pain the entire time. Overall, I like VR a lot, but they seem like a thrash band trying to be a death band and failing.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:33 pm

HS is probably my favorite VR album, and was my introduction to brutal vocals, but gotta go with EfM.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

cailen and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadinside Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:17 pm

I went with HS. I never listened to EfM much, but with that said I absolutely love Sanity Obscure. It may actually be one of my favorite Christian releases of all time. It essentially started an entire new genre of metal music with Dies Irae.

Deadinside
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:47 pm

I had always been an EfM fan… but recently I have purchased the Human Sacrifice album for the first time and also got the new Sanity Obscure remaster. While I still like the EfM album, I’m enjoying those other two a lot as well. I actually might be starting to like Sanity Obscure more that EfM… but that could wear off and I’ll just like them both the same. 

One thing is for sure though… the title track of EfM is beautiful and thrashing, like two separate songs in one. The orchestration is very moving and rivals some of the well known classical pieces from the masters.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next