The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

+41
scottmitchell74
Opeth3232
Aldi80s
Ammocas
BaleMaster
Second Wind
StevenCressler
strangerhoncho
Superjuice
seth
Pro-Zak
ThomasEversole
eatbugs
Soldier777
Dr3ams
Messenger
Fundy
bodachi
Kerrick
Beckster13
L8T
Airola
Temple of Blood
Constantine
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
Frozen Fire
oldschooldoom
alldatndensum
mothy
bgsully
Lex Metalis
Raegoul
crucifyd
WildWorld
Dustofyears
Samson
TZ75
Black Rider
Sevenoneself
Pethead
45 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 10 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:52 pm

BaleMaster wrote:Slayer sucks.  I really don't understand the appeal of professing Christ-followers cheering on such open blasphemy.

I see what you’re saying, but they do have a lot of songs about other dark subjects like war and serial killers (I know that sounds funny, but those songs are not satanic). 

Plus I’m certain that any Christian that listens to Slayer is for the music. Lots of really cool and catchy riffs! And the fast aggression is appealing to teens. To this day I still like the same music as when I was in high school. I’m stuck in the past! 

Don’t forget that many of our favorite Christian musicians were fans. Deliverance, the Crucified and Living Sacrifice were all musically influenced by Slayer. Whether people like it or not, Slayer’s musical DNA is in a bunch of Christian thrash songs.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 10 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:03 pm

Pethead wrote:You don’t find DYING TIME IS HERE!!!! to be incredibly insightful???

AJFA is very well written and insightful lyrically. I also think Master of Puppets has well written lyrics! The words flow with the music perfectly.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:05 pm

I think AJfA and some of MoP have good lyrics for metal. But Damage, Inc, less so.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:10 pm

I can see how someone would see KEA’s lyrics as immature… but that’s because they were barely out of high school!

RtL, MoP and AJFA have excellent lyrics that tell short stories with a good grasp on vocabulary (especially AJFA).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:11 pm

Pethead wrote:You don’t find DYING TIME IS HERE!!!! to be incredibly insightful???

Not really, I also think whenever they cover a topic it's usually in the most superficial way you can imagine.

I think the cringiest non-Slayer lyrics come from Anthrax though.  Testament is runner-up.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:19 pm

Pethead wrote:I think AJfA and some of MoP have good lyrics for metal. But Damage, Inc, less so.

Is it the F bomb on Damage Inc?

The words flow nicely. The song metaphorically describes their band as an unstoppable force determined to conquer.

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:19 pm

There’s a difference between cringe and straight up blasphemy
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:20 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pethead wrote:I think AJfA and some of MoP have good lyrics for metal. But Damage, Inc, less so.

The words flow nicely. The song metaphorically describes their band as an unstoppable force determined to conquer.
Nah, it’s just kinda stupid lyrically. Fun song, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:26 pm

I like Alice In Chains, but I don’t do drugs. 

Does everyone that listens to 70’s rock like Aerosmith, Kiss and Ted Nugent look for an underage girlfriend? 

You got to be a complete dolt to believe that a song will turn you into an evil criminal.

Same with Slayer. I will listen to what I like and what doesn’t bother me, and simply skip a song I don’t like.

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:30 pm

Not saying listening to a song makes you automatically agree with or participate in whatever the song is about. But I don’t think it’s healthy spiritually to fill our minds with blasphemous entertainment. Just like we might avoid a movie full of degenerate messages
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:30 pm

Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Nah, it’s just kinda stupid lyrically. Fun song, though.

Not directed at you… 

But in general, I’m glad I’m not a people pleaser that needs validation from others. According to some opinions here, I like stupid stuff. Lol

Now if I ask everyone here to make a list of lyrics they consider “not stupid”, I think I will disagree with a good portion!

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:32 pm

I like stupid stuff. Painkiller is one of my favorite albums. And the title track is literally about the dude on the cover.

For that matter, Godzilla is my favorite film franchise and that includes the 70s entries.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75 and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:43 pm

seth wrote:Not saying listening to a song makes you automatically agree with or participate in whatever the song is about. But I don’t think it’s healthy spiritually to fill our minds with blasphemous entertainment. Just like we might avoid a movie full of degenerate messages

I agree. But not all of their songs are blasphemous. I skip the songs I don’t like. 

They got plenty of songs about war (and war just so happens to be a very metal topic). The only Slayer album I like as a whole is Seasons in the Abyss. “Born of Fire” is the only song that is blatantly about the devil, but it’s more like a story like the movie The Omen. 

So I’m not defending Slayer’s full catalog, just Seasons and most of South of Heaven with a few other songs here and there…

Seasons in the Abyss is in my top 10 of thrash album.

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:45 pm

Slayer's a band where most of their stuff I avoid, but since they don't mean most of their lyrics, songs like "Silent Scream", "War Ensemble", and "Angel of Death" I feel comfortable with. However, if a band like Mayhem made a song with clean non-satanic lyrics, I still wouldn't want to listen to it because some of the members are genuinely evil. Some stuff I've read about Euronymous makes me think he had direct contact with Satan himself. His mind works the exact same way.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead, TZ75 and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:46 pm

Pethead wrote:I like stupid stuff. Painkiller is one of my favorite albums. And the title track is literally about the dude on the cover.

For that matter, Godzilla is my favorite film franchise and that includes the 70s entries.

At least the dude in the cover is crushing evil under its wheels!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:49 pm

Yeah Mayhem was something else, pretty much all the members were severely messed up. The one who killed Euronymous is now an outspoken pagan Nazi activist
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:49 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pethead wrote:I like stupid stuff. Painkiller is one of my favorite albums. And the title track is literally about the dude on the cover.

At least the dude in the cover is crushing evil under its wheels!
EVIL’S GOING UNDER DEADLY WHEEEEELS!!
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:55 pm

seth wrote:Yeah Mayhem was something else, pretty much all the members were severely messed up. The one who killed Euronymous is now an outspoken pagan Nazi activist
Yeah, Varg and Euronymous were extremely evil, and Dead needed SERIOUS therapy. Not sure how evil he really was, but either way E's treatment of him as unacceptable. People often count Varg murdering E in proof he's evil, but that's one thing he did that I'm glad about.
If you can't tell, I have kind of a morbid curiosity in the story of that band. (Just the story, I stay far away from listening to them).
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:58 pm

I think Varg claimed he killed him in self defense, but he was still convicted of murder. If it in fact wasn’t self defense, then it was still wrong no matter how bad the guy he killed was
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:02 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Slayer's a band where most of their stuff I avoid, but since they don't mean most of their lyrics, songs like "Silent Scream", "War Ensemble", and "Angel of Death" I feel comfortable with. However, if a band like Mayhem made a song with clean non-satanic lyrics, I still wouldn't want to listen to it because some of the members are genuinely evil. Some stuff I've read about Euronymous makes me think he had direct contact with Satan himself. His mind works the exact same way.

That’s correct!

But guess what?? The devil is a lot more sly than people think. He is probably way more involved in modern pop and hip-hop music than metal music. While everyone is going through the metal albums with a fine tooth comb, he’s got flashing neon signs of evil agendas in the lyrics of almost every big name pop artist on the radio and MTV. 

While Metal can still be dangerous, why would the devil concentrate his efforts on a small niche of people when he can infiltrate the happy popular music on the radio. 

Look out for the innocent looking Katy Perry types, total Illuminati clowns.

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:06 pm

seth wrote:I think Varg claimed he killed him in self defense, but he was still convicted of murder. If it in fact wasn’t self defense, then it was still wrong no matter how bad the guy he killed was

I read Lords of Chaos when it was a new release in 1998. Very intriguing book!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:20 pm

Look at a band like Death. Chuck Schuldiner only had one album (Scream Bloody Gore) that dabbled with gore and foul language. 

By the time he did his second album Leprosy, he already moved on and started to have more complex music and improved lyrics. Of course he kept the dark subject matter throughout the life of the band, but he openly criticized bands that relied on satanism and gore lyrics. Chuck himself criticized organized religion, but he didn’t do it to feed the wolves. He was an intelligent guy that questioned society. 

And his music progressively improved with every album. Hopefully during his time to reflect before he died, he pondered God and salvation. 

R.I.P. Chuck
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:29 pm

seth wrote:I think Varg claimed he killed him in self defense, but he was still convicted of murder. If it in fact wasn’t self defense, then it was still wrong no matter how bad the guy he killed was
Of course the murder would still be wrong. But it doesn't mean the world isn't a better place without Euronymous in it.
I seriously wonder what would have happened to Dead if he had gotten therapy. I know most of insane messed up things came from serious depression.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:31 pm

TZ75 wrote:

Yeah, this one has the "f it all and effin no regrets" line.

Not sure this is correct, but I read somewhere that this song is sung in character as a corporate higher-up, making this song a less deep version of an AJFA song lyrically. Not sure it was correct though.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:46 pm

Considering they were dubbed Alcoholica during their first decade, the lyrics are pretty good!

What is perfect  “not dumb” lyrics? It’s just self expression. Even so-called heady or nerdy songwriting like what Rush were known for… could be considered silly or dumb to some people. 

I like Geezer Butler’s lyrics, but were they all amazing? Probably not.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next