The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

+41
scottmitchell74
Opeth3232
Aldi80s
Ammocas
BaleMaster
Second Wind
StevenCressler
strangerhoncho
Superjuice
seth
Pro-Zak
ThomasEversole
eatbugs
Soldier777
Dr3ams
Messenger
Fundy
bodachi
Kerrick
Beckster13
L8T
Airola
Temple of Blood
Constantine
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
Frozen Fire
oldschooldoom
alldatndensum
mothy
bgsully
Lex Metalis
Raegoul
crucifyd
WildWorld
Dustofyears
Samson
TZ75
Black Rider
Sevenoneself
Pethead
45 posters

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by crucifyd Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:08 pm

TZ75 wrote:But guess what?? The devil is a lot more sly than people think. He is probably way more involved in modern pop and hip-hop music than metal music. While everyone is going through the metal albums with a fine tooth comb, he’s got flashing neon signs of evil agendas in the lyrics of almost every big name pop artist on the radio and MTV. 

While Metal can still be dangerous, why would the devil concentrate his efforts on a small niche of people when he can infiltrate the happy popular music on the radio. 

Look out for the innocent looking Katy Perry types, total Illuminati clowns.

biblically, satan is described as an angel of light...he's beautiful, attractive.

I've always thought it made more sense that he would use things that are
commonly thought of as innocent or neutral such as pop music (although
maybe not so much nowadays).

people expect to find satan in metal, but clearly the comical or scary
red-horned pitchfork wielding devil is not what the real enemy of God is
like at all...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by Aldi80s Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:19 pm

Pethead wrote:I don’t know how a Christian could be comfortable playing in Slayer. Some songs would be fine. I wouldn’t have a problem covering something like “War Ensemble” if I were in a thrash band. But I don’t know how a believer would be ok playing some of their other stuff.

That's an interesting topic to discuss everywhere... 

I have friends who are Christians and they could listen to bands like Slayer (ok... actually Slayer is the most listened among the Christians, ironically).  By example, there's a guy I really appreciate and he likes Slayer and Angeles del Infierno (a Spanish Metal band from early 1980's) and personally I cannot get how could he listen to those bands...   I can't.. especially Angeles with songs like "Damned be Thy Name"... Again.. I can't

And yes, I listen to certain bands with some songs that can be arguable, but I can use them to make an argument against them. Example, Falkenbach, a Viking Black Metal, some songs just makes me think how wrong is the singer about the allegedly cruelty committed by Christians against vikings in the ancient days. etc.  

But... no, HELL NO, I can't listen to Deicide, Marduk, and others like that...
Aldi80s
Aldi80s
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://gab.com/aldi80s

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:12 pm

You definitely don't wanna see Deicides Bury your Cross video then...oh my goodness!! Actually it's pretty lame and childish I thought and the song is boring and generic.

Thw vikings thing swung both ways. No one was the good or bad guy. Vikings and Christians slaughtered each other like Muslims and Christians I guess, then they learned to live with each other. The issue is that Christianity colonized itself everywhere and built their churches on viking hallowed ground and lands like they did everywhere with everything. That is the issue. One that is easy to turn a blind eye to like much in past of Christianity and religion. Just the facts. That's why black metal originally couldn't understand unblack metal etc.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:54 pm

I hear all kinds of things… like satanists supposedly like classical music, some atheists and satanists like Stryper… 

I’m not shocked that Christian thrash fans listen to Slayer. They probably did before they were believers, but still like the music. 

Who would have thought black metal would even be compatible with Christianity! But there are more than a few “unblack” metal bands that wear corpse paint.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:34 pm

Pop singers and boy bands should start wearing corpse paint. Maybe the K-pop scene can get that going.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 1f606  Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 1f606  Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 1f606
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldi80s Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:47 pm

Dustofyears wrote:You definitely don't wanna see Deicides Bury your Cross video then...oh my goodness!! Actually it's pretty lame and childish I thought and the song is boring and generic.

Thw vikings thing swung both ways. No one was the good or bad guy. Vikings and Christians slaughtered each other like Muslims and Christians I guess, then they learned to live with each other. The issue is that Christianity colonized itself everywhere and built their churches on viking hallowed ground and lands like they did everywhere with everything. That is the issue. One that is easy to turn a blind eye to like much in past of Christianity and religion. Just the facts. That's why black metal originally couldn't understand unblack metal etc.
No thanks !! I pass !!  I prefer to watch Garfield movies !

About the Black Metal and Unblack antagonism is so true...
Aldi80s
Aldi80s
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:15 pm

Barren Cross-Rattle Your Cage

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 616ZwVaziYL._UF1000,1000_QL80_

What is this supposed to be? Almost looks like a prog album cover (I've listened to it, it's definitely not).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:08 pm

WildWorld wrote:Barren Cross-Rattle Your Cage

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 616ZwVaziYL._UF1000,1000_QL80_

What is this supposed to be? Almost looks like a prog album cover (I've listened to it, it's definitely not).

Nothing to do with a rattled cage. It’s orbs on a beach!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:19 pm

The green "islands" are the initials B.C.

It does indeed look like a prog cover though!

Maybe it was made by the same person who did Jag Panzer's "Dissident Alliance" cover.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldi80s Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:26 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Samson wrote:Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 MC0xNDczLmpwZWc

After the Rocky Horror Picture Show, you expect these guys to be singing, "We are transvestites for Jesus!"
No way !!! 
Now I'm making the cover in my mind, "Sweet Transvestite" in Stryken's Metal style and the "We are Transvestite for Jesus" words with the voice of FrankNFurth! LOL
Aldi80s
Aldi80s
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:25 am

TZ75 wrote:
WildWorld wrote:Barren Cross-Rattle Your Cage

Nothing to do with a rattled cage. It’s orbs on a beach!
It's actually a killer album.  Too bad it would be their last...
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:55 am

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 51tsGTmz4SL._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:02 am

Lex Metalis wrote:Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 51tsGTmz4SL._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_

LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:26 pm

Pethead wrote:This would be my pick for Morty:

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 51zyd-osLTL
That almost seems lazy
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Ammocas, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:58 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Lex Metalis wrote:Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 51tsGTmz4SL._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_

LOL

I heard Vaughan say in a podcast that he’s thinking of redoing or remixing and revisiting this album. Maybe he will consider redoing the artwork as well!

Monkey Biz
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:16 pm

Opeth3232 wrote:
Pethead wrote:This would be my pick for Morty:

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 51zyd-osLTL
That almost seems lazy

I also hate how Steve changed the look of the logo. The classic Morty logo is and always will be the best!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:19 pm

Ammocas wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

LOL

I heard Vaughan say in a podcast that he’s thinking of redoing or remixing and revisiting this album. Maybe he will consider redoing the artwork as well!

Monkey Biz

So is that two hands holding a brain, or a guy with a very thick neck and his skull cap missing?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:02 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Ammocas wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

LOL

Monkey Biz

So is that two hands holding a brain, or a guy with a very thick neck and his skull cap missing?

I don't know, but Mr. Robocompustereotron seems to be enjoying it.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:04 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:The green "islands" are the initials B.C.

It does indeed look like a prog cover though!

Maybe it was made by the same person who did Jag Panzer's "Dissident Alliance" cover.

Mark Briody, Jag Panzer's guitar player, did the Dissident Alliance art and the next two. The Fourth Judgment was kind of cool but I'm glad he stopped.

There were so many horrible CGI album covers back then! It's crazy how terrible Derek Riggs (of Iron Maiden fame) was at those.

How in the world can this be the same artist as those classic albums?

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 Ny5qcGVn
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Superjuice, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:42 pm

Oh, I love the album!
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:12 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Ammocas wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

LOL

Monkey Biz

I don't know, but Mr. Robocompustereotron seems to be enjoying it.

It’s a Gravely Mistaken choice for an album cover.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:55 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:Oh, I love the album!
Great albums and great album covers are different things
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:10 pm

I need to go through and listen to the music on these albums and see of the trashy albums equal trashy music or not
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:11 pm

dschooldoom wrote:What is worst for me maybe not worst for you. What is worst for you might not be worst for me.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 HqbOrXf

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 VzwIGie
Agree with your statement.  No one's opinion is right or wrong.  But I just wanna say I like the Ultimatum cover and I like the Big D because it fits "what a joke" and it was an alternate cover only. Smile
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.facebook.com/christiandeathmetallittlelist

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:24 pm

Worst cover in the history of Christian music.  1) My Christ never rotted on the cross.  2) There is NO comparison to Christ' suffering and the suffering of animals.  Of course abusing God's creation is sin, but there is no excuse for this cover.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 11 Ni03NzU2LmpwZWc
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.facebook.com/christiandeathmetallittlelist

Luke Easter, Pethead, Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next