The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

+41
scottmitchell74
Opeth3232
Aldi80s
Ammocas
BaleMaster
Second Wind
StevenCressler
strangerhoncho
Superjuice
seth
Pro-Zak
ThomasEversole
eatbugs
Soldier777
Dr3ams
Messenger
Fundy
bodachi
Kerrick
Beckster13
L8T
Airola
Temple of Blood
Constantine
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
Frozen Fire
oldschooldoom
alldatndensum
mothy
bgsully
Lex Metalis
Raegoul
crucifyd
WildWorld
Dustofyears
Samson
TZ75
Black Rider
Sevenoneself
Pethead
45 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:25 pm

^^
I’ll never be ok with that cover, even though I enjoy the album.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Luke Easter, ChristianDeathMetal, Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:32 pm

Pethead wrote:^^

Same here.  My CD is even signed by Ted.  LOL
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.facebook.com/christiandeathmetallittlelist

Pethead, Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:34 pm

ChristianDeathMetal wrote:Worst cover in the history of Christian music.  1) My Christ never rotted on the cross.  2) There is NO comparison to Christ' suffering and the suffering of animals.  Of course abusing God's creation is sin, but there is no excuse for this cover.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 Ni03NzU2LmpwZWc
Agreed 100% on both points. Christ never rotted period. "you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay." Psalm 16:10, Acts 2:27
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

ChristianDeathMetal, Pethead, Ammocas and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:34 pm

Given how great this album is, the cover is pretty weak...

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 MC0xNjkwLmpwZWc
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Frozen Fire likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:39 pm

Pretty bad...

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 Mi02NTM4LmpwZWc
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 ODgtMTE5NC5qcGVn
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 MjItNTg5NS5qcGVn

Last edited by ChristianDeathMetal on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:39 pm

ChristianDeathMetal wrote:

Same here.  My CD is even signed by Ted.  LOL
As is mine! I’ve even got a coffee mug with the cover art (it was a gift).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

ChristianDeathMetal, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:45 pm

This one was pretty bad.  But the band never wanted it.  It was forced on them by the label.  They recently tried to rerelease it with the cover they wanted, but they had to pull them off the shelf because someone else already owned the music...

Bad:

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 NjctNTUxNi5qcGVn

What the band wanted:

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 MjgtNTg0Ny5qcGVn
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:55 pm

Meh...

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 OC05NjYzLmpwZWc
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 Ni0xNDcwLmpwZWc
No context for the picture...
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 MC05MDMyLmpwZWc
I like the lion theme, but just a green tinted photo?  Weak.
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 LTMzODkuanBlZw
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:58 pm

When I was younger I didn't like it for different reasons (I was very squeamish and so the cow's fleshy ribs bothered me lol).

I'm not sure the intention was to compare the animals suffering with Jesus's and more to draw parallels (both are ignored by people who profit from them), but the cover doesn't portray that well.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

ChristianDeathMetal, Sevenoneself and JcHiker76 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:59 pm

I think that was the intent, but the cover is a horrendous misfire. If I didn’t know TQT was a Christian band I would think the cover belonged to a blasphemous band instead.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

ChristianDeathMetal, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:19 pm

And even more bad ones.  I'll stop now...

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 MC05MTQ0LmpwZWc
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 LTUwODEuanBlZw
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 NS5qcGVn

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 Mi05OTA5LmpwZWc
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 NC0xNTQ4LmpwZWc

Last edited by ChristianDeathMetal on Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:20 pm

Pethead wrote:I think that was the intent, but the cover is a horrendous misfire. If I didn’t know TQT was a Christian band I would think the cover belonged to a blasphemous band instead.
Exactly my point
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ChristianDeathMetal, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 12 Empty What if?

Post by JcHiker76 Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:20 am

Frozen Fire wrote:
ChristianDeathMetal wrote:Worst cover in the history of Christian music.  1) My Christ never rotted on the cross.  2) There is NO comparison to Christ' suffering and the suffering of animals.  Of course abusing God's creation is sin, but there is no excuse for this cover.

Agreed 100% on both points. Christ never rotted period. "you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay." Psalm 16:10, Acts 2:27
What if they where trying to portray the death of the golden calf or its decay? Being that was a major stumbling block for the Israelites. Just a thought

JcHiker76
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.lifesabundance.com/Category/DogFood.aspx?realname=20

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:35 am

JcHiker76 wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:

What if they where trying to portray the death of the golden calf or its decay? Being that was a major stumbling block for the Israelites. Just a thought
That could make sense, but the lyrics of the title track are about people hiding from the bloody details of things they benefit from. I think it was an honest mistake, but a mistake none the less. (Glad you finally actually made a post though).
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ChristianDeathMetal and JcHiker76 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:17 am

StevenCressler wrote:
When I was younger I didn't like it for different reasons (I was very squeamish and so the cow's fleshy ribs bothered me lol).

I'm not sure the intention was to compare the animals suffering with Jesus's and more to draw parallels (both are ignored by people who profit from them), but the cover doesn't portray that well.

Yeah it wasn't to compare the sacrifice, but to point at our reactions to suffering.

I recall the bones of Christ came fully from Travis Smith who did the cover and Ted let it stay that way for artistic freedom. I don't think it comes from wanting to blaspheme but there is some logic to it that is probably easier to come up with from thinking outside of the religious box. I believe he thought to show how both the animal and Jesus were flesh and bones, similar to us. I know Ted's idea was to show that the image of Christ suffering on the cross isn't supposed to be clean and shiny and we should understand that his death was very painful, and he was criticizing the way we ignore the suffering he endured and want to look away from it. Jesus in flesh was built like us. Bones, nerves, flesh, blood, with the same experience of pain we have. Animals have bones, nerves, flesh and blood too, and they experience pain like we do. To show that I think Travis wanted to go beyond the skin of both the animal and Jesus, and he decided to show the blood and the bones of the animal, and the blood and the bones of Jesus to illustrate the point.

The point isn't to show that they both are a similar sacrifice to us, but the point is to show that we look away when the reality kicks in. We want these deaths to be sanitized for us so that we wouldn't have to encounter the brutal truth of suffering.

I don't think the intention was to show that Christ is rotting on the cross, just as the intention wasn't to show that even though the animal has his gut completely ripped of it can still be alive and standing. The point was just to bring suffering closer to us by showing both the animal and Christ were flesh and bones and capable of feeling incredible pain, which we don't want to think about when it comes to both the death of Jesus and the death of beef cattle.

But yeah, maybe it wasn't shown clear enough and went a bit too far with the shock factor.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime, StevenCressler and JcHiker76 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:03 am

"Every animal in creation will be in Heaven, including pigs!" --Ted Kilpatrick
I knew it, bacon in Heaven! 😃
Sorry, but I'm not giving Ted the benefit of the doubt on that album cover. Ted was an animal rights nut, he tried to mix veganism with Christianity, and the two are incompatible. I saw that cover as borderline blasphemy, certainly in bad taste. Love Tourniquet, but I refuse to buy or support that album, as well as the one with the rhino on the cover, just not interested in PETA Preaching Metal! 🤢🤮
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, ChristianDeathMetal, Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:51 am

Pro-Zak wrote:Ted Kilpatrick

Who?

Razz
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Luke Easter, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:55 am

It seems like Ted was going for a Cattle Decapitation style album cover. 

Cattle Decapitation are a hardcore vegan band.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Pro-Zak, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:56 am

Pro-Zak wrote:"Every animal in creation will be in Heaven, including pigs!" --Ted Kilpatrick
Sorry, but I'm not giving Ted the benefit of the doubt on that album cover. Ted was an animal rights nut, he tried to mix veganism with Christianity, and the two are incompatible. I saw that cover as borderline blasphemy, certainly in bad taste. Love Tourniquet, but I refuse to buy or support that album, as well as the one with the rhino on the cover, just not interested in PETA Preaching Metal! 🤢🤮
Onward to Freedom is not a Tourniquet album. But Tourniquet is an Onward to Freedom album, of course.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:46 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:"Every animal in creation will be in Heaven, including pigs!" --Ted Kilpatrick
Onward to Freedom is not a Tourniquet album. But Tourniquet is an Onward to Freedom album, of course.
Details...🙄
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:23 pm

TZ75 wrote:hardcore vegan 

That's a thing now?

pig  - "Weeeee"
      ll
    cheers
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:45 pm

1. You should at least listen to the album on Spotify or something. It's great.
2. Why are you racist towards pigs
3. Ted never shoves veganism in your face. The two songs he's made that are actually about veganism are less saying you're evil for eating meat and more trying to get you to think about the suffering.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:55 pm

1) I own the album.  It's even signed by Ted.
2) I have nothing against pigs.  Love me some bacon, ham, pork roast, pork ribs, pulled pork -  the list goes on and on...
3) He's done lots of animal rights and Vegi/vegan songs over the years.  He even threw a tear jerker about a dying dog on the nearly otherwise perfect FLOOD album.

Look, I'm sure Ted was a great guy and I love his music.  I just don't like the one album cover and I like meat.  That is all.

God bless,
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:01 pm

Although he certainly took his animal rights beliefs to the extreme, I do respect his concern for animal abuse, which is a legitimate problem. The issue arises when animals are elevated to the same level as humans, which is what the extremist vegans do. And I love meat too, follow a high protein diet which would be very hard without it.
Anyway, Ted was an incredible musician and a legit follower of Jesus from what I can tell, him being a bit extremist on one area doesn’t ruin his music for me
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ChristianDeathMetal, Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:04 pm

^^exactly my thoughts, seth.

Also, Ted had nothing to do with the Flood album.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Luke Easter, ChristianDeathMetal and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next