The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

+41
scottmitchell74
Opeth3232
Aldi80s
Ammocas
BaleMaster
Second Wind
StevenCressler
strangerhoncho
Superjuice
seth
Pro-Zak
ThomasEversole
eatbugs
Soldier777
Dr3ams
Messenger
Fundy
bodachi
Kerrick
Beckster13
L8T
Airola
Temple of Blood
Constantine
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
Frozen Fire
oldschooldoom
alldatndensum
mothy
bgsully
Lex Metalis
Raegoul
crucifyd
WildWorld
Dustofyears
Samson
TZ75
Black Rider
Sevenoneself
Pethead
45 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:08 pm

Pethead wrote:Also, Ted had nothing to do with the Flood album.

You're right.  My mistake.
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.facebook.com/christiandeathmetallittlelist

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by TZ75 Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:29 pm

Not the worst album cover by any means… but the Flood artwork is very simplistic and uninteresting.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:33 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:
CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Onward to Freedom is not a Tourniquet album. But Tourniquet is an Onward to Freedom album, of course.
Details...🙄
I forget who started it, but this became an inside joke on this forum whenever someone would refer to Onward to Freedom as a Tourniquet album.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:35 pm

Speaking about Ted and pigs… 

Anyone remember when Tourniquet was endorsing Chipotle because they had pork meat that was from pigs that were treated humanely?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:02 pm

My world is a flood...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:48 pm

ChristianDeathMetal wrote:1) I own the album.  It's even signed by Ted.
2) I have nothing against pigs.  Love me some bacon, ham, pork roast, pork ribs, pulled pork -  the list goes on and on...
3) He's done lots of animal rights and Vegi/vegan songs over the years.  He even threw a tear jerker about a dying dog on the nearly otherwise perfect FLOOD album.

Look, I'm sure Ted was a great guy and I love his music.  I just don't like the one album cover and I like meat.  That is all.

God bless,
I agree. I was more talking to Pro-Zak. And as far as the vegan songs he has many animal rights songs (which I like a lot), but Antiseptic Bloodbath and If I Had to Do the Killing are the only ones I can think of that are directly about eating them.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

ChristianDeathMetal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:50 pm

TZ75 wrote:Speaking about Ted and pigs… 

Anyone remember when Tourniquet was endorsing Chipotle because they had pork meat that was from pigs that were treated humanely?
Didn't know that, but glad I do now.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ChristianDeathMetal and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:15 pm

CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:
CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Onward to Freedom is not a Tourniquet album. But Tourniquet is an Onward to Freedom album, of course.
Details...🙄
I forget who started it, but this became an inside joke on this forum whenever someone would refer to Onward to Freedom as a Tourniquet album.

It was me. I thought everyone had forgotten about that. 

You like me! You really really like me!

cheers
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:16 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:
CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Details...🙄

It was me. I thought everyone had forgotten about that. 

You like me! You really really like me!

cheers
Does sound like something you'd say lol. And yes, we like you. Don't worry about that.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:23 pm

Chipotle sucks!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianDeathMetal Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:36 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:Chipotle sucks!

Freebirds rules!!

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 348s
ChristianDeathMetal
ChristianDeathMetal
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.facebook.com/christiandeathmetallittlelist

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:42 pm

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 621e81f9-f9d2-43d8-af18-ec0baf7e9337_text
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Samson wrote:Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 MC0xNDczLmpwZWc
No... This has to be be the laziest, sloppiest, cheesiest and cheapest album cover I have ever seen (probably). Oh wait- Black album.
The Black Album cover fits the album musically. And at least it wasn't cheesy and I can guarantee it was most definitely not cheap.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:55 am

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 71ZCVK18m8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:58 am

That cover fits the music on C2C better than the remaster, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:55 am

^It looks like something an Alternative band might do for their album cover. The reissue was a little better. But not really.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 Empty Jesus was brutally beaten

Post by JcHiker76 Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:02 pm

Airola wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
Pethead wrote:^^
I’ll never be ok with that cover, even though I enjoy the album.
When I was younger I didn't like it for different reasons (I was very squeamish and so the cow's fleshy ribs bothered me lol).

I'm not sure the intention was to compare the animals suffering with Jesus's and more to draw parallels (both are ignored by people who profit from them), but the cover doesn't portray that well.

Yeah it wasn't to compare the sacrifice, but to point at our reactions to suffering.

I recall the bones of Christ came fully from Travis Smith who did the cover and Ted let it stay that way for artistic freedom. I don't think it comes from wanting to blaspheme but there is some logic to it that is probably easier to come up with from thinking outside of the religious box. I believe he thought to show how both the animal and Jesus were flesh and bones, similar to us. I know Ted's idea was to show that the image of Christ suffering on the cross isn't supposed to be clean and shiny and we should understand that his death was very painful, and he was criticizing the way we ignore the suffering he endured and want to look away from it. Jesus in flesh was built like us. Bones, nerves, flesh, blood, with the same experience of pain we have. Animals have bones, nerves, flesh and blood too, and they experience pain like we do. To show that I think Travis wanted to go beyond the skin of both the animal and Jesus, and he decided to show the blood and the bones of the animal, and the blood and the bones of Jesus to illustrate the point.

The point isn't to show that they both are a similar sacrifice to us, but the point is to show that we look away when the reality kicks in. We want these deaths to be sanitized for us so that we wouldn't have to encounter the brutal truth of suffering.

I don't think the intention was to show that Christ is rotting on the cross, just as the intention wasn't to show that even though the animal has his gut completely ripped of it can still be alive and standing. The point was just to bring suffering closer to us by showing both the animal and Christ were flesh and bones and capable of feeling incredible pain, which we don't want to think about when it comes to both the death of Jesus and the death of beef cattle.

But yeah, maybe it wasn't shown clear enough and went a bit too far with the shock factor.
The Bible says in: Isaiah 52:14
Isa 52:14 KJV As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men: .

The Cat of Nine Tails, being embedded with metal, bone, and things made to grab onto the flesh and rip and tear it; and Jesus took all 40 lashes. Each 1 harder hit than the last, could easily have exposed His ribs. So, is it possible, that this artist portrayed the most accurate picture of Christ on the cross?

JcHiker76
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.lifesabundance.com/Category/DogFood.aspx?realname=20

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:27 pm

JcHiker76 wrote:
Airola wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
Pethead wrote:^^
I’ll never be ok with that cover, even though I enjoy the album.
When I was younger I didn't like it for different reasons (I was very squeamish and so the cow's fleshy ribs bothered me lol).

I'm not sure the intention was to compare the animals suffering with Jesus's and more to draw parallels (both are ignored by people who profit from them), but the cover doesn't portray that well.

Yeah it wasn't to compare the sacrifice, but to point at our reactions to suffering.

I recall the bones of Christ came fully from Travis Smith who did the cover and Ted let it stay that way for artistic freedom. I don't think it comes from wanting to blaspheme but there is some logic to it that is probably easier to come up with from thinking outside of the religious box. I believe he thought to show how both the animal and Jesus were flesh and bones, similar to us. I know Ted's idea was to show that the image of Christ suffering on the cross isn't supposed to be clean and shiny and we should understand that his death was very painful, and he was criticizing the way we ignore the suffering he endured and want to look away from it. Jesus in flesh was built like us. Bones, nerves, flesh, blood, with the same experience of pain we have. Animals have bones, nerves, flesh and blood too, and they experience pain like we do. To show that I think Travis wanted to go beyond the skin of both the animal and Jesus, and he decided to show the blood and the bones of the animal, and the blood and the bones of Jesus to illustrate the point.

The point isn't to show that they both are a similar sacrifice to us, but the point is to show that we look away when the reality kicks in. We want these deaths to be sanitized for us so that we wouldn't have to encounter the brutal truth of suffering.

I don't think the intention was to show that Christ is rotting on the cross, just as the intention wasn't to show that even though the animal has his gut completely ripped of it can still be alive and standing. The point was just to bring suffering closer to us by showing both the animal and Christ were flesh and bones and capable of feeling incredible pain, which we don't want to think about when it comes to both the death of Jesus and the death of beef cattle.

But yeah, maybe it wasn't shown clear enough and went a bit too far with the shock factor.
The Bible says in: Isaiah 52:14
Isa 52:14 KJV As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men: .

The Cat of Nine Tails, being embedded with metal, bone, and things made to grab onto the flesh and rip and tear it; and Jesus took all 40 lashes. Each 1 harder hit than the last, could easily have exposed His ribs. So, is it possible, that this artist portrayed the most accurate picture of Christ on the cross?
Never thought of that before. Was probably at least the attempt.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

JcHiker76 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 61k6c9C0q1L._UF1000,1000_QL80_

What is stranger? the music or the cover art?
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 61k6c9C0q1L._UF1000,1000_QL80_

What is stranger? the music or the cover art?
The cover I usually see is way better
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:00 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 71ZCVK18m8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_

Ted was happy to point out that this cover was admired by Marty Friedman. LOL

If you check out Marty’s album cover for his “Scenes” record, you’ll understand why.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:02 pm

The C2C cover with Ted’s face was a subtle hint that Tourniquet was now the Ted K project.

There’s no way Gary would have signed off on that album cover.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 13 Crossforce_original_1024x1024_750x_ab1cbc34-5e89-4be4-ade4-4c25988ad30e_512x
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Pethead wrote:That cover fits the music on C2C better than the remaster, though.

Well actually… I think the reissue’s Temple of Doom vibe goes well with “Enveloped in Python” and “Bats”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Hardcore Christian and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Currently going through and listening to all these albums, seeing if they are as bad as the covers say
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next