The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

+41
scottmitchell74
Opeth3232
Aldi80s
Ammocas
BaleMaster
Second Wind
StevenCressler
strangerhoncho
Superjuice
seth
Pro-Zak
ThomasEversole
eatbugs
Soldier777
Dr3ams
Messenger
Fundy
bodachi
Kerrick
Beckster13
L8T
Airola
Temple of Blood
Constantine
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
Frozen Fire
oldschooldoom
alldatndensum
mothy
bgsully
Lex Metalis
Raegoul
crucifyd
WildWorld
Dustofyears
Samson
TZ75
Black Rider
Sevenoneself
Pethead
45 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 8 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by Temple of Blood Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:30 pm

I don't care if True Strength's albums come packaged in a brown paper bag, they are a talented band and they are doing good work to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Frozen Fire, Pethead, Ammocas, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 8 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:52 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:lolz Yep

Some Christians I have come across in my experience are some of the angriest people in the world and they honestly are blind to themselves. For example another guy I lived with relished the red words of Jesus in his bible and got so mad at another fellow christian flatmate over a dispute about the red words of Jesus or something or a rather and this pent up internal rage just came flooding out of nowhere and he started yelling at the top of his voice and  slamming doors. Then come Sunday he'd be all raise ya hands in da air like ya just don't care, love and praise god vibes lolz... it's just so bizarre and it goes on. It's like they're playing a character they don't wish to be or something I dunno.
Sometimes I can hardly blame atheists who have negative opinions of Christians. So many of us know the base level facts but completely ignore the actual heart and soul behind the message. Being harsh is good. I write a lot of harsh lyrics. But only be harsh when the person deserves it.

You write lyrics? Are you in a band?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:54 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I don't care if True Strength's albums come packaged in a brown paper bag, they are a talented band and they are doing good work to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I mean, that’s all true, and I love and support True Strength. But any aspect of art isn’t irrelevant to the total artistic package, so it’s fair game for criticism.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:08 pm

TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Some Christians I have come across in my experience are some of the angriest people in the world and they honestly are blind to themselves. For example another guy I lived with relished the red words of Jesus in his bible and got so mad at another fellow christian flatmate over a dispute about the red words of Jesus or something or a rather and this pent up internal rage just came flooding out of nowhere and he started yelling at the top of his voice and  slamming doors. Then come Sunday he'd be all raise ya hands in da air like ya just don't care, love and praise god vibes lolz... it's just so bizarre and it goes on. It's like they're playing a character they don't wish to be or something I dunno.
Sometimes I can hardly blame atheists who have negative opinions of Christians. So many of us know the base level facts but completely ignore the actual heart and soul behind the message. Being harsh is good. I write a lot of harsh lyrics. But only be harsh when the person deserves it.

He and Kerrick are the brains behind Slay/Stryp, a brilliant Slayer/Stryper matchup band.

I’d recommend starting with either Reign in Yellow and Black or South of Fallen.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:29 pm

Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

He and Kerrick are the brains behind Slay/Stryp, a brilliant Slayer/Stryper matchup band.

I’d recommend starting with either Reign in Yellow and Black or South of Fallen.
Laughing

Im not exactly in a band, but I am making music by myself. You can find info on it in the "Free Gift" thread in Promotion Palace.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead, TZ75 and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:59 pm

Pethead wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:I don't care if True Strength's albums come packaged in a brown paper bag, they are a talented band and they are doing good work to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I mean, that’s all true, and I love and support True Strength. But any aspect of art isn’t irrelevant to the total artistic package, so it’s fair game for criticism.
On the contrary, it's album covers that got me picking up Tape and CDs back in the day to begin with. If it had an eye grabbing cover I'd definitely pick it out and go at least listen to it before anything else, unless it was a band I knew and loved of course. Don't underestimate the power of the cover, just ask Iron Maiden about all that. Bet they'd have nowhere near the fans if weren't for their image.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:00 pm

When I first got into Metal, great cover artwork was a big deal! 

If the cover looked cool or intriguing I would give the band a try. Same with how their logo looked. Almost every thrash band had a stylized logo. Mostly the sharp pointy look similar to Metallica’s. 

Man, marketing was a big deal! 

Every metal fan looked forward to new Iron Maiden albums and what the latest artwork would be like. It was part of the “experience”.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 pm

My favorite bands with cool artwork was/is Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Seventh Angel. 

Those two Ed Repka covers for Peace Sells and Rust in Peace are awesome! Sepultura’s Arise album also has an amazing cover.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:24 pm

Just looked up the Sepultura cover, what in the Lovecraft is that lol
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:34 pm

seth wrote:Just looked up the Sepultura cover, what in the Lovecraft is that lol

It’s a nightmare!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:35 pm

I always liked this album cover. It has a Chainsaw Massacre feel. 

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 8 Img_4014
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:36 pm

TZ75 wrote:My favorite bands with cool artwork was/is Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Seventh Angel. 

Those two Ed Repka covers for Peace Sells and Rust in Peace are awesome! Sepultura’s Arise album also has an amazing cover.
Also Obituary Cause of death, which originally was going to be used for Sepultura's Beneath the remains cover. I think Cause of death is one of the best death metal covers ever.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Frozen Fire, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:38 pm

TZ75 wrote:I always liked this album cover. It has a Chainsaw Massacre feel. 

Yeah that's cool. It tells the story without showing too much but just the elements.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:38 pm

TZ75 wrote:My favorite bands with cool artwork was/is Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Seventh Angel. 

Lament for the Weary is one of the best album covers of all time, and The Torment is great too.

Iron Maiden and Megadeth are also great, mostly due to all the various iterations of Eddie and Vic
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:40 pm

seth wrote:Just looked up the Sepultura cover, what in the Lovecraft is that lol
WOw man how have you never seen arise cover!!! Go checkout Cause of Death by Obituary.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:42 pm

Dustofyears wrote:

Yeah that's cool. It tells the story without showing too much but just the elements.

Here’s the full picture. 

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 8 Img_4016
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:45 pm

Dustofyears wrote:

Also Obituary Cause of death, which originally was going to be used for Sepultura's Beneath the remains cover. I think Cause of death is one of the best death metal covers ever.

Obituary had some good ones! 

Cause of Death and The End Complete are iconic.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:45 pm

StevenCressler wrote:

Lament for the Weary is one of the best album covers of all time, and The Torment is great too.

Iron Maiden and Megadeth are also great, mostly due to all the various iterations of Eddie and Vic
Lament cover art is a great visual for the music within and just as great. Eyes popped out my head the day I saw that album cover sitting on the shelf of a Christian bookstore unwanted till I came along! Everything about that album is perfect.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas, MagnusPrime, Raegoul, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:46 pm

Dustofyears wrote:

Yes!

It leaves a mysterious element. It’s more spooky than gory.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:47 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Here’s the full picture. 

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 8 Img_4016
lolz man that's even better with the bottom part. That's creepy!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Lament cover art is a great visual for the music within and just as great. Eyes popped out my head the day I saw that album cover sitting on the shelf of a Christian bookstore unwanted till I came along! Everything about that album is perfect.
I love covers like that that have some slightly mysterious and interesting looking adventure/fantasy like backstory.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:57 pm

Pethead wrote:

I've just been informed that they've changed the name of their band to Strayer.

Soldiers Under Heaven will be the next release.

Rock on 1
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:00 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Pethead wrote:

I've just been informed that they've changed the name of their band to Strayer.

Soldiers Under Heaven will be the next release.

Rock on 1
Featuring the hit song "Silent Surrender"
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:02 am

I like the Reborn in the Chapel EP.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:05 am

This has turned into the best Christian metal covers thread lol

Btw, the funny thing about Stryper and Slayer being the bands Pethead always jokingly associates with Kerrick is that my mom once said that she thought Stryper was trying to be the Christian Slayer (obv she doesn't know much about Slayer's sound lol)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next