The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

+41
scottmitchell74
Opeth3232
Aldi80s
Ammocas
BaleMaster
Second Wind
StevenCressler
strangerhoncho
Superjuice
seth
Pro-Zak
ThomasEversole
eatbugs
Soldier777
Dr3ams
Messenger
Fundy
bodachi
Kerrick
Beckster13
L8T
Airola
Temple of Blood
Constantine
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
Frozen Fire
oldschooldoom
alldatndensum
mothy
bgsully
Lex Metalis
Raegoul
crucifyd
WildWorld
Dustofyears
Samson
TZ75
Black Rider
Sevenoneself
Pethead
45 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:45 pm

I pretend that ep doesn’t exist.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:52 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:Poor production
Meh songs
bad drum work

One of the worst EP's ever...

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 MDAuanBn

The rerelease version arent great too

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 MDM0NTU1
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:54 pm

Rembrandt couldn’t save that release.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:57 pm

Pethead wrote:Rembrandt couldn’t save that release.

Yeah... Lincoln seems that he dislearned how to play guitar.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:02 pm

seth wrote:And not to rip on that artist, but “actual art” (meaning art from a professional artist I assume?) doesn’t really mean a whole lot nowadays. After all there are professional “artists” selling bananas taped to walls and “invisible statues” (aka nothing) for huge amounts of money
I guess I meant art that has been critically acclaimed and has a ton of fans and would be recognized by almost any other artist as technically brilliant.  Yes, I agree there is a lot of "art" that's ridiculous selling for huge amounts of money, but I have to think everyone realizes that's an "emperor has no clothes" phenomenon perpetuated by people who are just having fun playing that game.  If anybody thinks that art is actual art, then there's no hope for the human race.  Oh wait, there isn't any hope for the human race outside of Christ, so I guess maybe they do think it's actual art and we're all doomed. 

Anyway.  Yes.  Point taken.  Beauty is the eye of the beholder and it's all relative.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:01 pm

I like to think the “emperor’s new clothes” phenomenon is responsible for a lot of the weirdness in modern western culture. Either that or a large percentage of people are just stupid. Or it’s the result of demonic influence. Or a combination of all three. But you’re right the only hope for the world is Christ, and a culture that abandons Him will just get crazier and crazier. 

And yeah I can’t deny the Omen art at least took talent to create, even if I don’t think it’s appealing
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:02 am

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 Img_2014
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Lex Metalis, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:11 pm

Pethead wrote:Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 Img_2014

And their follow up...

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 Covera10
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:04 pm

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 ?u=https%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-clGTpB6K97A%2FUeqlrmmUw1I%2FAAAAAAAAH0E%2Fc-DckQrtPvE%2Fs1600%2FPower
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:48 pm

WildWorld wrote:As for metal, this one's sadly kind of cheap looking as well:

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 264x264
This is an amazing cover, and you can't convince me otherwise
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:49 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:Love the songs, but the cover... ew

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 A1913810
Yeah, I always thought that was a little unneccessary
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:51 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:What is worst for me maybe not worst for you. What is worst for you might not be worst for me.
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 0MVRjHJ
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 HqbOrXf
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 EX8Fe0e
Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 VzwIGie
Man, I've been trying to find that Ultimatum cover for forever! I remember when I was a kid I found it disturbing... I couldn't rememeber what band it was.
I think the re-release of What A Joke was kind of supposed to be bad lol
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

ChristianDeathMetal and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:57 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:If he wanted a more serious cover he should've written more serious lyrics.

Well, there is a handful of serious songs. It’s not 100% like SOD. 

How would you like to have a record label take liberties on your album cover art? Regardless of how you feel, the album is sonically their most brutal and heavy release. The cartoon cover is too childish. Even SOD had their famous Sgt. D character. That is a cool cartoon!
The serious songs are great and the real album (so, it's a great album). It just tends to stand out for the joke tracks.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:29 am

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 51g2SuoNAlL._UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_

Not really ugly, but seems being a little amateur
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:09 am

Tourniquet - Antiseptic Bloodbath

Guardian - Buzz (all the cover pages suck, I've never seen anything like that.)

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:32 am

Guess I'll use this for free marketing RazzWorst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 Free_g11
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:25 pm

2 worst ever:

Mortification "Silver Cord is Severed" and the first Die Happy album

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:36 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Guess I'll use this for free marketing RazzWorst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 Free_g11
just use AI. I'd usually advise against it but when you have no monies and starting out it's acceptable. Deicide just used AI for their new album, which they shouldn't of really because AI has a soulless look about it. And they are a big enough band they can afford a real artist for a unique look. It's free. Unless of course you're happy with what you have here, then all goods.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:58 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:Guess I'll use this for free marketing RazzWorst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 7 Free_g11
just use AI. I'd usually advise against it but when you have no monies and starting out it's acceptable. Deicide just used AI for their new album, which they shouldn't of really because AI has a soulless look about it. And they are a big enough band they can afford a real artist for a unique look. It's free. Unless of course you're happy with what you have here, then all goods.
I actually did try, but due the amount of different things I wanted in the picture made it where even though the pictures looked good, none of them looked right. I will probably use it for my second cover because it's much simpler. And yeah I'm happy with this, I know it's objectively not a good cover but I think it's kind of fun. Maybe it can subconsiously lower expectations so people will be less surprised when hearing how unprofessional the music is  Razz
Btw are you able to make out the symbolic meaning?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:27 pm

Lolz...well gotta start somewhere and better to start than not at all! Y

Yeah AI takes a bit of patience to use and you have to hit prompts over and over again just to get the pic you are looking. I use it for inspiring my writing and trying to develop characters in my stories.

Far as the cover my guess is the symbolic message of this cover is that Jesus is the free gift to save everyone from the jumping into the fire and brimestone that is a place called hell...

Also sometimes odd and the most basic of covers have become iconic just because of what they are and over time people can't see any other cover for the album, so you never know. Rock on!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:31 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Lolz...well gotta start somewhere and better to start than not at all! Y

Yeah AI takes a bit of patience to use and you have to hit prompts over and over again just to get the pic you are looking. I use it for inspiring my writing and trying to develop characters in my stories.

Far as the cover my guess is the symbolic message of this cover is that Jesus is the free gift to save everyone from the jumping into the fire and brimestone that is a place called hell...

Also sometimes odd and the most basic of covers have become iconic just because of what they are and over time people can't see any other cover for the album, so you never know. Rock on!
Yeah, I do like using AI for inspirations. Didn't know you write stories, that's cool. I'm taking a little break to work on music, but I have a couple stories I'm working on.

Pretty close, the ladder and treadmill are basically meant to symbolize that salvation is a choice, and hell is where we all go if make no choices.

Yeah, a good example is Diary of a Madman. Dunno what's going on with the editing of Ozzy's face. But it's a very iconic cover, even if it looks kind of ridiculous (and I do kind of like it, aside from the upside down cross obv)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:05 am

Yeah you probably wouldn't guess I enjoy writing from my grammar carefree posts!

anyway, you triggered a memory— used to draw a bunch when was bout your age (highly influenced by Rodney Matthews and still love him) so much of my art was Christian metal cover art stuff you see on records. I was  real toothpick back when one day after church some friends came round and this big Christian guy came into my room and saw all my Rodney Matthews art and my stuff all over the walls and asked me what all this "Demonic stuff" was.

I explained it was actually art done by a Christian artist and most of them are Christian works. He got super mad and bailed me up against the wall, lifting me of my feet, his face red with rage (I kid you not) and fist scuffing up my shirt and digging into my chin lolz...

Then started yelling in my face "THIS AINT CHRISTIAN!!! IN THE NAME OF GOD I REBUKE YOU SATAN AND ALL THIS DEMONIC...blah blah he went on lolz!!!" my flatmate had to come in and calm him down.

Years later I met him again by chance in a church down in Christchurch and he apologized. Anyway for some reason your symbolism and picutre just reminded me of that. So I look back now of course and think to myself...who had the demons? True story lolz hilarious!!!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:40 am

Dustofyears wrote:Yeah you probably wouldn't guess I enjoy writing from my grammar carefree posts!

anyway, you triggered a memory— used to draw a bunch when was bout your age (highly influenced by Rodney Matthews and still love him) so much of my art was Christian metal cover art stuff you see on records. I was  real toothpick back when one day after church some friends came round and this big Christian guy came into my room and saw all my Rodney Matthews art and my stuff all over the walls and asked me what all this "Demonic stuff" was.

I explained it was actually art done by a Christian artist and most of them are Christian works. He got super mad and bailed me up against the wall, lifting me of my feet, his face red with rage (I kid you not) and fist scuffing up my shirt and digging into my chin lolz...

Then started yelling in my face "THIS AINT CHRISTIAN!!! IN THE NAME OF GOD I REBUKE YOU SATAN AND ALL THIS DEMONIC...blah blah he went on lolz!!!" my flatmate had to come in and calm him down.

Years later I met him again by chance in a church down in Christchurch and he apologized. Anyway for some reason your symbolism and picutre just reminded me of that. So I look back now of course and think to myself...who had the demons? True story lolz hilarious!!!

How the heck did you cross paths with ToB? 🤣

Maybe a missionary trip.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:07 am

lolz Yep

Some Christians I have come across in my experience are some of the angriest people in the world and they honestly are blind to themselves. For example another guy I lived with relished the red words of Jesus in his bible and got so mad at another fellow christian flatmate over a dispute about the red words of Jesus or something or a rather and this pent up internal rage just came flooding out of nowhere and he started yelling at the top of his voice and  slamming doors. Then come Sunday he'd be all raise ya hands in da air like ya just don't care, love and praise god vibes lolz... it's just so bizarre and it goes on. It's like they're playing a character they don't wish to be or something I dunno.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:22 am

Dustofyears wrote:lolz Yep

Some Christians I have come across in my experience are some of the angriest people in the world and they honestly are blind to themselves. For example another guy I lived with relished the red words of Jesus in his bible and got so mad at another fellow christian flatmate over a dispute about the red words of Jesus or something or a rather and this pent up internal rage just came flooding out of nowhere and he started yelling at the top of his voice and  slamming doors. Then come Sunday he'd be all raise ya hands in da air like ya just don't care, love and praise god vibes lolz... it's just so bizarre and it goes on. It's like they're playing a character they don't wish to be or something I dunno.
Sometimes I can hardly blame atheists who have negative opinions of Christians. So many of us know the base level facts but completely ignore the actual heart and soul behind the message. Being harsh is good. I write a lot of harsh lyrics. But only be harsh when the person deserves it.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next