The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

+41
scottmitchell74
Opeth3232
Aldi80s
Ammocas
BaleMaster
Second Wind
StevenCressler
strangerhoncho
Superjuice
seth
Pro-Zak
ThomasEversole
eatbugs
Soldier777
Dr3ams
Messenger
Fundy
bodachi
Kerrick
Beckster13
L8T
Airola
Temple of Blood
Constantine
deathisgain
MagnusPrime
Frozen Fire
oldschooldoom
alldatndensum
mothy
bgsully
Lex Metalis
Raegoul
crucifyd
WildWorld
Dustofyears
Samson
TZ75
Black Rider
Sevenoneself
Pethead
45 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:25 pm

I have to think that some of these bands were under a tight label deadline and the cover art was just whatever was lying around at the moment.

Can a mod censor that one album cover with a spoiler tag or something?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Kerrick, Xid, Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 Empty Re: Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal)

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 pm

^Thanks for the reminder. I meant to do that a while ago... Spoiler-ing now.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Temple of Blood, Xid, Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:39 pm

Winner from 2022

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 Image10
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:15 am

Looks like something from the brazilian carnival...

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 Fb_img12
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:57 am

Atomic Opera had some pretty bad-looking ones:

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh47XDfOZw44cLej8TNaFrPBmsseVtslvo3g&usqp=CAU

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn3678JucJyDiXAUEisc9UteTJy4DXONrJNg&usqp=CAU

(for obvious reasons, I wont post Penguin Dust).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, oldschooldoom, Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:12 pm

I don't mind the artwork for Barren Cross, Ken Tamplin, Angelica. The Leviticus SFTTE album I don't mind but it's not the best. There is a small pic of the band and the rest is all blue with little or no graphics and there is a flame streak near the bottom of the album. I kind of see the representation as one of the hottest part of the flame is blue. I think a better cover would be a bigger pic of the band in the middle looking less glammed out. Then having flames around the pic, kind of like how Scott Waters did the Guardian Fire and Love insert with flames around the pic or like the Holy Soldier debut with flames around the band pic of Leviticus. 

The original Saint In the Battle was cheesy and I prefer the updated artwork that came out a few years ago. 

I don't mind Halo but the colors have a sharp contrast like watching a Wiggles show. 

The Deliverance Happy Meal cover was not good. I remember the rant Jimmy had about that. That was funny ha ha ha! I had that version and sold it. I'm glad Retroactive Records reissued the album with the original cover art which I much prefer.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:30 am

Not metal, but White Heart's Powerhouse and Highlands have terrible cover art.  I LOVE both albums, but the art seems to fit ToB's "whatever was lying around at the moment" theory.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Ammocas, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:21 am

eatbugs wrote:Not metal, but White Heart's Powerhouse and Highlands have terrible cover art.  I LOVE both albums, but the art seems to fit ToB's "whatever was lying around at the moment" theory.
Yes. I’ve never understood why they went with those. I did think Tales of Wonder had a great cover, though, which makes those even more inexplicable.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

eatbugs, Ammocas, Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:40 am

Mortification "Silver Cord is Severed"

worst ever IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Nothing says horrible Christian metal art, like virtually no distinction from satanic metal art.

"BuT iTs A sAtAnIc ChUrCh ThAtS bUrNiNg", oh yeah, I forgot that Christianity is known for its arson.  Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 955156
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Temple of Blood, Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:53 am

eatbugs wrote:Not metal, but White Heart's Powerhouse and Highlands have terrible cover art.  I LOVE both albums, but the art seems to fit ToB's "whatever was lying around at the moment" theory.

Powerhouse's bowling cover could have worked if they had just named it "Holy Rollers".

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:35 am

Raegoul wrote:Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 OC03OTE5LmpwZWc
This looks so bad I never checked out the record and probably never will.
The music is just as bad!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Staybrite, oldschooldoom, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:13 pm

Antestor - Omen. I think the art is why I have subconsciously avoided checking this album out until today. Ironically, I’d also say Antestor’s The Forsaken has the best Christian metal cover art i’ve seen.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:26 pm

Rex Carroll/Tim Bushong project from the 90's:

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fm.media-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F61trWqaY-IL._SX450_
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:44 pm

Even though I like the cover art of Stryper's Soldiers Under Command, it would be better if it didnt have that "stryper-mobile" on the album cover. I still dont know the significance of that thing.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:49 am

WildWorld wrote:Even though I like the cover art of Stryper's Soldiers Under Command, it would be better if it didnt have that "stryper-mobile" on the album cover. I still dont know the significance of that thing.
As a car nerd, the Strypermobile is what I like most about it. I wish this came as a miniature model car with Stryper figurines. 

Gipperman, if you pitch this to your merch dudes, I‘ll cop a bunch for all my nephews… and for myself.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Superjuice, Opeth3232, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:36 am

I'm a car nut myself and I've never liked the van...
always thought it was cheesy   Very Happy

they call it the "Battle Van"...
they already made them, but don't have the regular one available at the moment...
https://www.stryperltd.com/collections/frontpage

there's a video here
https://www.stryperltd.com

www.stryperltd.com wrote:The 'Battle Van’ featured on the cover of Soldiers Under Command was more than just a prop, it was the album cover! If Stryper had a Batmobile… this was it! The van was first procured by then manager, Daryn Hinton who rolled it right off a Hollywood film set. Daryn then gave the van to Robert who...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

MagnusPrime and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:40 am

crucifyd wrote:I'm a car nut myself and I've never liked the van...
always thought it was cheesy   Very Happy

they call it the "Battle Van"...
they already made them, but don't have the regular one available at the moment...
https://www.stryperltd.com/collections/frontpage

there's a video here
https://www.stryperltd.com

www.stryperltd.com wrote:The 'Battle Van’ featured on the cover of Soldiers Under Command was more than just a prop, it was the album cover! If Stryper had a Batmobile… this was it! The van was first procured by then manager, Daryn Hinton who rolled it right off a Hollywood film set. Daryn then gave the van to Robert who...

Wow, I need this. But are there any Stryper duderinos in it?
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:04 pm

I don't see any difference between the $125 Class A and the $150 Class B & C. Looks like they were $200
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:25 pm

it has to do with various levels of damage to the box / van (or not)

if you scroll down it describes it...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:19 pm

seth wrote:Antestor - Omen. I think the art is why I have subconsciously avoided checking this album out until today. Ironically, I’d also say Antestor’s The Forsaken has the best Christian metal cover art i’ve seen.

What?  Omen's cover is actually by Zdzisław Beksiński, a famous and amazing painter.  I've got a couple books on him.  It's one of the best covers by any metal band, because it's actual art.

The Forsaken cover by comparison is like something done in high school art class.  It's not the worst thing ever but it's below average at best.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:38 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:
seth wrote:Antestor - Omen. I think the art is why I have subconsciously avoided checking this album out until today. Ironically, I’d also say Antestor’s The Forsaken has the best Christian metal cover art i’ve seen.

What?  Omen's cover is actually by Zdzisław Beksiński, a famous and amazing painter.  I've got a couple books on him.  It's one of the best covers by any metal band, because it's actual art.

The Forsaken cover by comparison is like something done in high school art class.  It's not the worst thing ever but it's below average at best.
I don’t doubt the art on Omen took a lot of talent to create, but it just looks really ugly to me. Whereas The Forsaken’s art looks beautiful
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Lex Metalis, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:40 pm

And not to rip on that artist, but “actual art” (meaning art from a professional artist I assume?) doesn’t really mean a whole lot nowadays. After all there are professional “artists” selling bananas taped to walls and “invisible statues” (aka nothing) for huge amounts of money
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:42 pm

Not commenting on Antestor’s art, but just being done by a famous artist doesn’t necessarily determine quality in visual art any more than it does in music. Example: Jackson Pollack is a famous artist. His work sucks.  Razz
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

CrimsonWarrior and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:45 pm

Poor production
Meh songs
bad drum work

One of the worst EP's ever...

Worst Cover Art (Christian Metal) - Page 6 MDAuanBn
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next