The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

+28
Constantine
jusma
prophx
Frozen Fire
Andreas89
seth
P86ninja
ChosenNightwolf
mothy
KaramKaram
Fundy
BaleMaster
Christian metal Horde
alldatndensum
Superjuice
Tombie
Ammocas
eatbugs
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
_wes
Black Rider
Friday13th
Pethead
Sevenoneself
bodachi
CrimsonWarrior
Lex Metalis
32 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy - Page 4 Empty Re: Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:13 pm

Pethead wrote:At this point I’d say it’s vying with MoS for my second favorite from them.

Then it'll probably be my favourite...
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy - Page 4 Empty Re: Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:19 pm

I don’t trust anyone who puts AtWB over MoS.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Kerrick, Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:21 pm

AtWB has two of Theocracy’s best tracks imo (title track and I Am, yes in that order). But MoS’s title track alone (and Laying the Demon to Rest as well) put it in the number one spot for me
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:22 pm

AtWB has some ridiculously amazing songs. But The Gift of Music is their worst song and several others aren’t standouts, either.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:23 pm

Pethead wrote:I don’t trust anyone who puts AtWB over MoS.
No one puts it there. AtWB just naturally rises to the top of the list by virtue of its own awesomeness.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:23 pm

Pethead wrote:I don’t trust anyone who puts AtWB over MoS.

🤐
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:24 pm

AtWB doesn't even need Friday13th to use the force to get it to first place.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:25 pm

Another truth bomb: 

“I Am” is Theocracy’s most overrated song. Good, but not as great as people say. The best songs on AtWB are “Master Storyteller,” “Hide in the Fairytale,” and “Altar to the Unknown God.”
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

CrimsonWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:28 pm

I don’t think I Am deserves its spot as by far the most popular Theocracy song, but it is still in their top 5 imo. The title track is without a doubt the best song on AtWB though
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:29 pm

Top 5 Theocracy songs:
1. Mirror of Souls
2. The Serpent’s Kiss
3. Laying the Demon to Rest
4. As the World Bleeds
5. I Am
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:31 pm

Dunno that I can do that, but off the top of my head and in no order. (And leaving off the new stuff to give it more time to digest).

Mirror of Souls
Absolution Day
The Wonder of It All
Master Storyteller
Castaway
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:32 pm

The Wonder of it All is a great song too, definitely the best on Ghost Ship
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:33 pm

Different strokes for different folks, but my top 10 favorites list is basically all Theocracy’s proggiest songs.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Sevenoneself, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:35 pm

It seems like their self titled album doesn’t get enough love. It’s probably my overall second favorite (after Mirror). And especially impressive since Matt played everything himself
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:37 pm

I think it’s a very good album—the title track almost made my list—but the longer songs meander too much for me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:38 pm

Pethead wrote:Another truth bomb: 

“I Am” is Theocracy’s most overrated song. Good, but not as great as people say. The best songs on AtWB are “Master Storyteller,” “Hide in the Fairytale,” and “Altar to the Unknown God.”

And this I agree with you on 100%. At least that last sentence. MS and HitF are maybe my favourite Theocracy songs.

Yes, different strokes for different folks. Keeps our world interesting!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:39 pm

The instrumental part on Serpent’s Kiss through the ending of that song is one of my favorite metal moments of all time
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Friday13th, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:47 pm

You have to forgive Seven, the cold has hurt him.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:48 pm

seth wrote:It seems like their self titled album doesn’t get enough love. It’s probably my overall second favorite (after Mirror). And especially impressive since Matt played everything himself

I'm right there with you on this one.  Mirror Of Souls is easily my #1 with the s/t a close second.  As The World Bleeds and Ghost Ship are decent but when I'm in the mood for Theocracy, I generally don't reach for either of them.  I'm excited to hear Mosaic though and have mighty high hopes/expectations.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Ammocas, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:50 pm

seth wrote:The instrumental part on Serpent’s Kiss through the ending of that song is one of my favorite metal moments of all time
I get bored.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:53 pm

Black Rider wrote:You have to forgive Seven, the cold has hurt him.

Haha! And we're just getting started. It's only frozen 3 nights this fall so far. We did have to cover our tomatoes for 2 of those nights before we picked 'em.

Kerrick wrote:
seth wrote:It seems like their self titled album doesn’t get enough love. It’s probably my overall second favorite (after Mirror). And especially impressive since Matt played everything himself

I'm right there with you on this one.  Mirror Of Souls is easily my #1 with the s/t a close second.  As The World Bleeds and Ghost Ship are decent but when I'm in the mood for Theocracy, I generally don't reach for either of them.  I'm excited to hear Mosaic though and have mighty high hopes/expectations.

This is where personal preference really shows itself. The first two albums have longer songs in general, are mixed a bit more raw, and arranged less "poppy" (as some have so aptly described the last 2 albums). From what Seth has said already to me this week, and from what I know of Kerrick, I can understand why you'd lean to those.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:57 pm

Speaking of The Serpent’s Kiss, I am kind of hoping for another song with a long, heavy instrumental solo on the new album. So far Matt has executed a long solo perfectly in one song and then never done it again on the same level, and I’m hoping that changes

Last edited by seth on Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:58 pm

I like 2 things in metal: riffs and hooks. I’m gonna gravitate towards songs that feature both/or great riffs or catchy hooks. I like some epic songs, but if they feature long, drawn-out instrumental sections, I nod off.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:59 pm

seth wrote:Speaking of The Serpent’s Kiss, I am kind of hoping for another song with a long, heavy instrumental solo on the new album. So far Matt has executed a long solo perfectly in one song and then never done it again on the same level, and I’m hoping that changes
Red Sea has a decently long instrumental section but it has different movements within.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Pethead wrote:
seth wrote:Speaking of The Serpent’s Kiss, I am kind of hoping for another song with a long, heavy instrumental solo on the new album. So far Matt has executed a long solo perfectly in one song and then never done it again on the same level, and I’m hoping that changes
Red Sea has a decently long instrumental section but it has different movements within.
I already suspect Red Sea will be one of my new favorites
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th, Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next