The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

+28
Constantine
jusma
prophx
Frozen Fire
Andreas89
seth
P86ninja
ChosenNightwolf
mothy
KaramKaram
Fundy
BaleMaster
Christian metal Horde
alldatndensum
Superjuice
Tombie
Ammocas
eatbugs
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
_wes
Black Rider
Friday13th
Pethead
Sevenoneself
bodachi
CrimsonWarrior
Lex Metalis
32 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy - Page 10 Empty Re: Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

Post by Pethead Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:45 pm

Song by song:

I Am: musically awesome, lyrically less so. 
The Master Storyteller: straight awesome. 
Nailed: starts off great but peters out
Hide in the Fairytale: awesome all around
The Gift of Music: the gift of the skip button
30 Pieces of Silver: solid
Drown: dull
Altar to the Unknown God: awesome sauce
Light of the World: this one has grown on me, but I still think it sounds a little pop-punkish.
As the World Bleeds: solid
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy - Page 10 Empty Re: Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

Post by seth Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:47 pm

AtWB’s title track is incredible, easily the best song on the album for me
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:02 pm

Prior to this jump for Mosaic to the top, As The World Bleeds top of my list. That album blew me away and still does. 

I love Ghost Ship. That whole album is fantastic. Only the first two albums have songs that I don't love. There are no bad songs in the Theocracy catalogue.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:21 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Prior to this jump for Mosaic to the top, As The World Bleeds top of my list. That album blew me away and still does. 

I love Ghost Ship. That whole album is fantastic. Only the first two albums have songs that I don't love. There are no bad songs in the Theocracy catalogue.
cheers cheers cheers
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:17 pm

Black Rider wrote:The two they score lowest are my top two. Opinions eh?
Their two lowest scores are 90%. It just goes to show you how greatly consistent Theocracy is. When you have albums that rank 90,95,100%…it just comes down to your individual preference on which one you like better…they are all great. Mirror of Souls is their best and my favorite…I would be comfortable with a 100% rating. However, after listening daily to Mosaic, I am now comfortable to move it from my second favorite to being tied for first with MOS. 

Currently I would rank them:
1-MOS & Mosaic
2-S/T 
3-ATWB
4-Ghost Ship

Honorable Mention:
5-Their Christmas Songs(there are enough songs for an album)

**I think Red Sea is a great song despite how long it is. I don’t get bored with it.**Rockin Loud
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:27 pm

Pethead wrote:At this point I think I’d still put Mosaic in the middle of their catalog, behind GS and MoS.
I could see Mosaic crawling up my list to the top. I’m not ready to put it there yet, but it’s so dang good that I could see it happening.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:58 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I wonder how many of the songs will be 7 1/2 minutes or longer this time around.
Did you purposefully choose 7 1/2? Not sure how much you knew then, but that's basically the exact length of LFoR
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:05 pm

First listen:

Better than I thought it would be. They (Matt) hasn't lost a thing.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:12 pm

Fundy wrote:One of the things I notice about Theocracy (for me) is that the songs grow on me over time.  I never liked Mirror Of Souls (the song) or Laying The Demon to Rest.  But after a few months I loved them both.  I think it's because you have to dedicate a lot of time to listening to the songs and really getting in to them to appreciate what they're like.
I'm finding that with the Mozaic album.  I've listened to all the songs once or twice, and think they're great, but I know I'll love them more if I have repeated listens.  I actually really love the ballad (and that's because it's the most accessible because it's a short song).
That was how Tourniquet's Broken Chromosomes was for me, it's currently my #1 song from anyone, but when I first heard it I liked the lyrics but overall found it very weird sounding. And it's not even TQT's weirdest... I think they are another band that can grow on you, but probably because you have to get used to some of the weirdness.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10