The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album...

+8
Constantine
Pethead
Black Rider
Frozen Fire
nocturnaliridescence
Deepfriar
Hardcore Christian
Lex Metalis
12 posters

Go down

Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album... Empty Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album...

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:08 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album... Empty Re: Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album...

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:00 am

Already on that vinyl!

Dang it really is all a Christmas album Shocked
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album... Empty Re: Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album...

Post by Deepfriar Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:44 pm

I pre-ordered because this band is fantastic but... 'Hymn to Marduk'Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album... 2753 Unsure why we are including a song about a Babylonian deity who was the direct enemy of Yahweh.  confused  I like Ancient Near Eastern history as much as the next guy, but this inclusion is a bit odd. I am sure there is some logical reasoning for it. Anyone read any interviews where it's explained?
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:32 pm

Well, guess it's finally happened, AHTDU have gone full ChaoSatanicGnostoLuciferiBabylonioDemonoCult.

On a more serious note, I've enjoyed both songs so far, but it's not enough for me to decide if I want the whole album or not. Like, the idea of a holiday album is already a risky one, you have to put your absolute best foot forward to stand out in that oversaturated market. But these two songs are so different from each other, I'm left a bit confused. What will this album be, exactly? A mix of metal and acoustic? Different genre for every song?

...... They misspelled Sakis Tolis' name on the artwork!
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:34 pm

nocturnaliridescence wrote:Well, guess it's finally happened, AHTDU have gone full ChaoSatanicGnostoLuciferiBabylonioDemonoCult.

...But these two songs are so different from each other, I'm left a bit confused...
Razz

I actually like the inclusion of American folk music...it's a brand of folk that is not often mixed with black metal so I'm all for it...but I'm still lost on the Marduk hymn...lol
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:16 pm

I don't like Christmas albums. Such a weird choice after the long absence. Obviously, this isn't normal Christmas music but I'm not sure I'll pick this up. I was so excited for this band to return. I haven't given up on a purchase but I'll need to be convinced now.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:10 pm

Shoot, I wanted a real album, about the only Christmas albums I own are TSO.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:15 pm

I love Christmas music, but I doubt I’ll pick this up. 

And TSO rules.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:04 pm

Wanted to follow up on this. I had my questions about the 'Hymn to Marduk' answered during Pastor Bob's interview with Adam Cook earlier today. Basically, what I'm understanding is that this Christmas album is written from a narrative perspective of the three wise men as being followers of ancient religion and Adam said something along the lines of, sometimes we come from a place of error to find the truth (paraphrase). So I'm assuming the wise men sing a hymn to Marduk on their journeys but come to find Christ.

Looking forward to receiving this in the mail.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Drawnsword, 1620, BaleMaster and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:02 am

Habemus new album!

Check "The Black Nativity" here
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Frozen Fire and 1620 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:42 pm

I looked at the song titles and this one looks weird to me.

Song samples are mixed.  Ole Borud is on one track so I figure it can't be all bad.

Anyone know what they are going for here?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:27 am

Its an interesting mix, its a short album really.

Half the songs are the folk like stuff of the first single, and then the other half are more like the death metal from the last album.

I still just think its a strange return after such a big stretch between albums. It makes me really want them to go full on like their first 3 albums. But I have a feeling it will grow on me, it may not be a constant player due to the Christmas theme, but its still got some solid songs

So far my favorites are:

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:06 pm

As Deepfriar mentioned learn more about the album here

Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:57 pm

I wasn't sure about this one, but I'm coming around. It's certainly different.

I went ahead and bought the CD and the physical media is pretty disappointing. CD-R in a cheap digipak with no booklet. Priced too high at $12 + $4 shipping. I would think A Hill to Die Upon is big enough to justify a pro CD and a booklet (which is practically essential with their lyrical vision).
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:09 pm

Son of Nun wrote:I wasn't sure about this one, but I'm coming around. It's certainly different.

I went ahead and bought the CD and the physical media is pretty disappointing. CD-R in a cheap digipak with no booklet. Priced too high at $12 + $4 shipping. I would think A Hill to Die Upon is big enough to justify a pro CD and a booklet (which is practically essential with their lyrical vision).
A number of albums have come out like this, like recent Sacrament reissues. It is really disappointing. If people want to directly support bands through physical merch, why give them junk to discourage them?

I agree on both counts with AHTDU and their status and lyrics. Rottweiler is no longer run by Shawn from Grave Robber and has become bare bones it seems.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Ammocas and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:40 pm

This was a tough one to absorb at first, it being a Christmas album…I do enjoy it though….not happy with the cheap packaging…no lyrics, cd-r quality, digipak(Digicrap). But it’s AHTDU…so…I was gonna get it regardless.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:39 am

Ammocas wrote:This was a tough one to absorb at first, it being a Christmas album…I do enjoy it though….not happy with the cheap packaging…no lyrics, cd-r quality, digipak(Digicrap). But it’s AHTDU…so…I was gonna get it regardless.

Rottweiller Records seems that losted the hand in make some good packages.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:19 pm

^Agreed
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:23 pm

It’s 2023, and few buy physical media. It doesn't make sense for you to release an album on vinyl and on CD, it's a cdr and without the lyrics. It's something illogical, a real shot in the foot.

- - -

(also...)

The Christmas season is upon us!

In that same spirit of joy we want to share some great music with you all. Starting this week, some of our bands have created Yuletide songs for us all.

All songs will be available on Bandcamp the day of release. Streaming services will be carrying them as well.

Dec 13th - =AZWBI9t8IAfd_2ISd11JUF9yHnW20jQZ0PdMwHd8WUt2OCq_oSMUvSHzrf4jOUNoOIvpKJBt2Laa7HH22QIldOhfluB53sfd10a8_L3Eq_iQpttm-yuv1MpenpHfSCuwU4ZUx_LPCPf15Je0BvQ1vGLXe3Lcnk2vrVe1Z7ldmsy6juoytWf2QnCrZi68UCXYaTU&__tn__=-]K*F]I Am The Pendragon - All I Want For Christmas single

Dec 15th - =AZWBI9t8IAfd_2ISd11JUF9yHnW20jQZ0PdMwHd8WUt2OCq_oSMUvSHzrf4jOUNoOIvpKJBt2Laa7HH22QIldOhfluB53sfd10a8_L3Eq_iQpttm-yuv1MpenpHfSCuwU4ZUx_LPCPf15Je0BvQ1vGLXe3Lcnk2vrVe1Z7ldmsy6juoytWf2QnCrZi68UCXYaTU&__tn__=-]K*F]INRI Immortal - O’ Come All Ye Faithful single

Dec 18th - =AZWBI9t8IAfd_2ISd11JUF9yHnW20jQZ0PdMwHd8WUt2OCq_oSMUvSHzrf4jOUNoOIvpKJBt2Laa7HH22QIldOhfluB53sfd10a8_L3Eq_iQpttm-yuv1MpenpHfSCuwU4ZUx_LPCPf15Je0BvQ1vGLXe3Lcnk2vrVe1Z7ldmsy6juoytWf2QnCrZi68UCXYaTU&__tn__=-]K*F]Shamash - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen single

Dec 20th - =AZWBI9t8IAfd_2ISd11JUF9yHnW20jQZ0PdMwHd8WUt2OCq_oSMUvSHzrf4jOUNoOIvpKJBt2Laa7HH22QIldOhfluB53sfd10a8_L3Eq_iQpttm-yuv1MpenpHfSCuwU4ZUx_LPCPf15Je0BvQ1vGLXe3Lcnk2vrVe1Z7ldmsy6juoytWf2QnCrZi68UCXYaTU&__tn__=-]K*F]Diatheke- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear single

Dec 22nd - =AZWBI9t8IAfd_2ISd11JUF9yHnW20jQZ0PdMwHd8WUt2OCq_oSMUvSHzrf4jOUNoOIvpKJBt2Laa7HH22QIldOhfluB53sfd10a8_L3Eq_iQpttm-yuv1MpenpHfSCuwU4ZUx_LPCPf15Je0BvQ1vGLXe3Lcnk2vrVe1Z7ldmsy6juoytWf2QnCrZi68UCXYaTU&__tn__=-]K*F]Krig- That Christmas Night EP

Dec 22nd - =AZWBI9t8IAfd_2ISd11JUF9yHnW20jQZ0PdMwHd8WUt2OCq_oSMUvSHzrf4jOUNoOIvpKJBt2Laa7HH22QIldOhfluB53sfd10a8_L3Eq_iQpttm-yuv1MpenpHfSCuwU4ZUx_LPCPf15Je0BvQ1vGLXe3Lcnk2vrVe1Z7ldmsy6juoytWf2QnCrZi68UCXYaTU&__tn__=-]K*F]A Hill to Die Upon - Rocking Around The Christmas Tree single

Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album... 1f332Merry Christmas to all, and to all a blessed Yuletide Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album... 1f332

Pre-Order to the new A Hill To Die Upon album... 409626693_18387010831067081_8632474449602501598_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_eui2=AeHr-eBitWsFXRvx1LvDrOW0QSA1B_szCW9BIDUH-zMJb3i_pNzhxEHcMpO86a6aovzh5OMqUskuslOHQgHBblAw&_nc_ohc=YUVppb6049wAX84EIH8&_nc_ht=scontent.fcaw3-1

Last edited by Lex Metalis on Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:23 pm

I’m not feeling this one… I’ll wait til they do a proper album. 

I don’t get this “dark” Christmas theme. And the songs are not to my liking. 

I hope they eventually go back to their original heavy style again.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down