The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

+28
Constantine
jusma
prophx
Frozen Fire
Andreas89
seth
P86ninja
ChosenNightwolf
mothy
KaramKaram
Fundy
BaleMaster
Christian metal Horde
alldatndensum
Superjuice
Tombie
Ammocas
eatbugs
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
_wes
Black Rider
Friday13th
Pethead
Sevenoneself
bodachi
CrimsonWarrior
Lex Metalis
32 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy - Page 5 Empty Re: Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

Post by CrimsonWarrior Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:33 pm

Pethead wrote:Another truth bomb: 

“I Am” is Theocracy’s most overrated song. Good, but not as great as people say. The best songs on AtWB are “Master Storyteller,” “Hide in the Fairytale,” and “Altar to the Unknown God.”
100% agreed! I've expressed my lyrical gripes with I Am, but musically I don't think it is as good as the other three you listed.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy - Page 5 Empty Re: Pre-order now 'Mosaic', the new album from Theocracy

Post by Andreas89 Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:48 pm

I'm not sure if I'm gonna order this one anytime soon. Sure it will probably end up high if not on #1 on my year's list but I don't want to take such an obvious option for a birthday present away from my family Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Kerrick, Friday13th, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:49 pm

I feel fairly confident naming Mosaic my Christian AotY.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Friday13th, CrimsonWarrior, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:57 pm

I think every year a Theocracy album is released, it’s pretty much a shoe-in for Christian metal AotY. Although this year Adorned Graves’ album will definitely be a strong contender for me, I still expect Theocracy to come out on top
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, eatbugs, Friday13th, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:43 pm

Pethead wrote:I feel fairly confident naming Mosaic my Christian AotY.

That's significant, considering you had Wytch Hazel, Lovebites and Delain in the running so far!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:46 pm

Sacrificium still leads but Mosaic will definitely be top five, maybe three.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:17 pm

My AotY for secular is still Rexoria. For Christian it’s Theocracy.

Sacrificium is really good. I just prefer melodic metal a bit over death metal generally.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, CrimsonWarrior, Sevenoneself, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:01 am

I’ve gone through the new album and it’s just not my thing. The two singles they’ve released so far, are by far the best on the album. Matt’s moving away from the immediately accessible hooks and song structures to more of a Dream Theater approach where the music keeps going all over the place. A song ends, and I have no idea what I just listened to.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:18 am

Really? I like it, little bit heavier overall than anything since MoS and still has hooks. Weakness is ending with two really long songs, kind of kills the buzz but they're not bad songs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:24 am

First listen through right now!!!!!!!!!!

Pethead, where can we find your review of it?
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:20 am

I’m not sure, honestly. Hopefully KaramKaram can direct us.

Long story short: it good.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th, CrimsonWarrior, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:23 am

Started listening to it and loving it so far. Looks like they’re embracing their prog side again, which they had kind of gotten away from in Ghost Ship
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th, Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:32 am

I think I’ve concluded “Liar, Fool, or Messiah” is the best song on the album. Great lyrics, catchy chorus, thrashy riffs, proggy time signatures and riffs in the bridge. It’s the whole package in 7 minutes.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:59 am

The only musical moment I’m not sure about is the chorus of “Anonymous.” It’s got a fine hook and the song itself is great, but the chorus doesn’t quite fit as well with the rest of the song as the others.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:01 pm

Alright, the moment of truth and controversy:

1. As the World Bleeds
2. Mirror of Souls
3. Mosaic
4. Ghost Ship
5. Theocracy (debut album)

I will not recant!  Razz
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

eatbugs, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:08 pm

1. Ghost Ship
2. Mirror of Souls
3. Mosaic

Gap

4. As the World Bleeds
5. Theocracy
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Friday13th, CrimsonWarrior and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:43 pm

Pethead wrote:1. Ghost Ship
2. Mirror of Souls
3. Mosaic

Gap

4. As the World Bleeds
5. Theocracy

All said and done, we agree on 3/5! That's pretty good  Razz
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:42 pm

Pethead wrote:I’m not sure, honestly. Hopefully KaramKaram can direct us.

Long story short: it good.

Here's the review, it was published today:

https://lotsofmuzik.com/theocracy-mosaic-album-review-by-curtis-j-dupree/
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Friday13th, Pethead, Ammocas, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:41 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I’ve gone through the new album and it’s just not my thing. The two singles they’ve released so far, are by far the best on the album.  Matt’s moving away from the immediately accessible hooks and song structures to more of a Dream Theater approach where the music keeps going all over the place. A song ends, and I have no idea what I just listened to.

That is the problem I have with a lot of Theocracy songs that are super long.  There are so many parts that I have no idea if I am still listening to the same song.  I zone out.  I am the same way with the newest Trytan album.  If I am having to seriously focus on all the parts of a song just to get through it, then I am going to mentally hit the skip button and will stop listening to the album altogether.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Staybrite and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:06 pm

Just finished my first listen. Loved it. I don't think it will dethrone Mirror of Souls as my favorite Theocracy album, but this one might get second place. (Need to listen to it more times in order to know for sure.)

Flicker is such a killer opener. What an amazing song! It is definitely my favorite track on this album. Other standouts for me were Sinsidious, The Sixth Great Extinction, and Deified.

I think the weakest track was The Greatest Hope. I like that they included a soft song (and I'm glad it's also the shortest song on the album), but there is a very soft part in the middle of it and Matt's voice just didn't really work for it imo. Maybe he should have sung an octave deeper for that. I thought that Mosaic, the title track, was actually a little weak compared to the rest of the album. Red Sea was good for what it is, but it is definitely still too long, and I was disinterested in about the last five minutes of it. But there is some good stuff in there for sure.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Friday13th, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:16 pm

I've listened through a couple times and though I haven't had a full concentrated listen through each and every song (lyrics in hand, 100% concentration) I'm very much enjoying this. Always loved the more "muscular" riffing Theocracy has and there is an abundance of it here, perhaps moreso than any other album. I think the songs seem pretty catchy actually, most of them instantly grabbing my attention with either riffs or melodies. Thankfully Mosaic, the title track, sounds better in the context of the album. I wasn't thrilled with it as a single. The album overall has a really good flow. The album isn't top or bottom heavy either. It may be their most balanced release. It's a solid listen.

On the musical end, I'm pleasantly surprised by Ernie's drum work here. I always liked Shawn Benson's playing and this is actually Ernie's first full length though he joined right around Ghost Ship's release. Ernie is pretty nimble and has some great speedy fills even in the thrashiest moments. Taylor's solos are good. I always found Val's work to be outstanding, even the highlight of many songs. I'd listen just for the solos. Taylor's playing while equally skilled isn't standing out quite the same. I'm hoping added will listens will help there. Everyone else sounds stellar as expected and the production isn't as flat as Ghost Ship. I thought As The World Lies Bleeding had their best production and this is back to that standard.

Not going to imagine how this will rank but safe to say, I don't agree with most of your album rankings here anyway.  Laughing
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:24 pm

Oh I also forgot to mention, ending Red Sea with a fade out was a really bad choice imo. When your last song is a 19 minute epic, you can't just let it fade away! Give me a dramatic ending!
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:28 pm

I think Red Sea is a great song, but Mirror of Souls is still better.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

CrimsonWarrior, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:00 pm

I was able to listen to most of the album once this morning, and while my overall first impression is very good I agree that the long songs here aren’t quite on the same level as some of Theocracy’s other long songs, especially Mirror of Souls. I actually think Flicker was my favorite based on that first impression, which would be the first time a “short” song was my favorite on a Theo album. I will listen to the whole thing again tonight to get a better feel for it.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:09 pm

Flicker is an amazing opener.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

CrimsonWarrior, Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next