The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street Preachers on Youtube

+10
Pethead
scottmitchell74
TZ75
Samson
Constantine
seth
Pro-Zak
MagnusPrime
StevenCressler
Dustofyears
14 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Street Preachers on Youtube - Page 2 Empty Re: Street Preachers on Youtube

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:56 am

Dustofyears wrote:You must be Catholic lolz. Only a Catholic would say that.
I am, but no doubt that there are plenty of Protestants who see the good that the Catholic Church has done, not all are blinded by bigotry and ignorance.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:18 am

I've watched/listened to quite a bit of Ray Comfort. He comes across as sincere and loving. 🤷‍�🤷‍�
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:21 am

I’m a committed Protestant, but to say no good came from the Catholic Church is just historical ignorance.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:27 am

I replied with a whole lot of stuff but deleted it. I'll just ask to give me one good reason the catholic church should exist and why we should excuse it's many sins and crimes against humanity throughout the passage of time while it points it's crooked finger as it always has done, at everyone else? It's always been full of serpents and wolves posing as light bearers of the white Christ. So what good has it done ever...coz I can't think of anything and even if it does have a few good things so what, the evil by far out weighs any good and we all know it. But go ahead and become apologists for evil. One hand covers the other's secrets (sins) as they say, that's the Catholic Church through and through.

And you know I'm right so stop playing and tolerating garbage and one day we'll be a better race.

There is no reason for it to exist.

Also I did say Ray was amicable  and friendly enough. I've met him before too. He just has no original thought it's all well learned  Christianeeze.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:47 am

The ultimate determination for whether a religion is valuable is not its impact on society, but whether or not it teaches the truth. I am not Catholic (because I believe multiple core Catholic doctrines to be false), but arguing based on whether Catholicism represents the truth is much more meaningful than arguing based on its alleged lack of positive contribution to society. If it did represent the truth, then the Catholic Church has a reason to exist regardless of its history. Even Islam, barbaric as it is, would have a legitimate reason to exist if the quran actually represented the truth.
Side note: Jesus does command His followers to have a positive impact on other people and society, and anyone who commits cruelty in His name, or uses Him as a means to get attention for themselves (like the type of street preachers this thread is about) is in essence spitting in His face. But ultimately the determination of whether a religion is valuable is not how “good” its followers are, but whether it presents truth.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:54 am

seth wrote:The ultimate determination for whether a religion is valuable is not its impact on society, but whether or not it teaches the truth. I am not Catholic (because I believe multiple core Catholic doctrines to be false), but arguing based on whether Catholicism represents the truth is much more meaningful than arguing based on its alleged lack of positive contribution to society. If it did represent the truth, then the Catholic Church has a reason to exist regardless of its history. Even Islam, barbaric as it is, would have a legitimate reason to exist if the quran actually represented the truth.
Side note: Jesus does command His followers to have a positive impact on other people and society, and anyone who commits cruelty in His name, or uses Him as a means to get attention for themselves (like the type of street preachers this thread is about) is in essence spitting in His face. But ultimately the determination of whether a religion is valuable is not how “good” its followers are, but whether it presents truth.
That's fair enough from your angle. Mine is of course quite different, so I'm thinking in terms of society and humanity— religion has done nothing but cause division, destruction, war, blood baths and death and continues to do so, all in the name of Gods they claim to be the one true god (how many are there) and yet no one can prove to be real. So yes, I am personally thinking in terms of society and humanity. But from where you stand I understand the point of view. I say religion (the big picture) like politics, is more about man's pride.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:07 pm

Nope. I know deep down that God is real and that Christ is His son. I could just as easily say that deep down you know God is real too, but your anger against the church and the evils done in the name of religion won’t let you admit it. Would I be right for saying that? Only you and God know.
(Replying to part of the previous message that was apparently deleted)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 pm

seth wrote:Nope. I know deep down that God is real and that Christ is His son. I could just as easily say that deep down you know God is real too, but your anger against the church and the evils done in the name of religion won’t let you admit it. Would I be right for saying that? Only you and God know.
(Replying to part of the previous message that was apparently deleted)
Yeah I deleted it after thinking better of it. I can't tell you what you think or know.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:17 pm

If you want to go tit for tat we can certainly address all the atrocities committed by Protestants as well, but that is counterproductive. There has been far more bloodshed spilled by atheist regimes than any religion!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:22 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:If you want to go tit for tat we can certainly address all the atrocities committed by Protestants as well, but that is counterproductive. There has been far more bloodshed spilled by atheist regimes than any religion!
when you say Atheist I assume you mean anyone that's not religious. Of course, that comes under politics, religions other evil twin. lolz sorry that doesn't buy you any excuses for the multitude of sins and evils the Catholic church has committed or any religion that claims peace and love and and claims all these things in the name of gods while doing the opposite and pointing fingers. It amazes how you know this yet are happy to be part of that legacy. Awesome.

Also I notice how quick you were to call the protestants to come to your aid and suddenly turn on them and piont the finger when thrown some truth hard to duck out of the way of...here before our eyes we see how religion and it's pride works on a micro bases.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:24 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:The ultimate determination for whether a religion is valuable is not its impact on society, but whether or not it teaches the truth. I am not Catholic (because I believe multiple core Catholic doctrines to be false), but arguing based on whether Catholicism represents the truth is much more meaningful than arguing based on its alleged lack of positive contribution to society. If it did represent the truth, then the Catholic Church has a reason to exist regardless of its history. Even Islam, barbaric as it is, would have a legitimate reason to exist if the quran actually represented the truth.
That's fair enough from your angle. Mine is of course quite different, so I'm thinking in terms of society and humanity— religion has done nothing but cause division, destruction, war, blood baths and death and continues to do so, all in the name of Gods they claim to be the one true god (how many are there) and yet no one can prove to be real. So yes, I am personally thinking in terms of society and humanity. But from where you stand I understand the point of view. I say religion (the big picture) like politics, is more about man's pride.
This is very narrow minded. Atheism has killed more in the last 100 years than religion in the last 1000. You give a pass to one while deriding the other and ignoring all the good a belief like Christianity has done. Even Dawkins admitted this.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:26 pm

Dustofyears wrote: the white Christ. 

My impulse was to write,  "how blue is your hair?" 

But I realized that I shouldn't do that... and don't have to.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:27 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Also I did say Ray was amicable  and friendly enough. I've met him before too. He just has no original thought it's all well learned  Christianeeze.

How many of your thoughts are original?
If not many, or at all, does that invalidate your point? If not, why would it matter how many Ray's thoughts are his original thoughts?

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:29 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
This is very narrow minded. Atheism has killed more in the last 100 years than religion in the last 1000. You give a pass to one while deriding the other and ignoring all the good a belief like Christianity has done. Even Dawkins admitted this.
How do you know that... show me these facts...religion continues it's destruction since forever... yeah men are belligerent, politics and religion have always been main cause of the worlds strife and tragedies. Nothing narrow minded about it. And I love how Christians excuse their past while preaching the love of a god they believe to be real. It never ends. But you know, keep pointing that finger away from home.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:37 pm

Airola wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Also I did say Ray was amicable  and friendly enough. I've met him before too. He just has no original thought it's all well learned  Christianeeze.

If not many, or at all, does that invalidate your point? If not, why would it matter how many Ray's thoughts are his original thoughts?
because ray talks like every other christian in church. same language same everything. all the same. I know that language and it's well learned,  I spoke it once myself. If you are a christian you have no original thought because your thoughts are given to you and comes out of you as such. That's what indoctrination is. I've heard him speak many times. Watch your sunday pastor when he talks it's all the same stuff, same language, same thoughts same everything. Ray is another clone. of a clone of a clone. Nice enough guy sure.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:37 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

True. It would also be interesting to know what atheists or anti-religionists think about how much killing and wars happened before religion (if atheism is true, there must've been a long time when religion didn't exist) and how much killing and wars happened after religion.

Even if you could say a lot of wars and death happened because of religion, no-one can really say if that amount of wars and death is more than what would've been without religion.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:38 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Airola wrote:

because ray talks like every other christian in church. same language same everything. all the same. I know that language and it's well learned,  I spoke it once myself. If you are a christian you have no original thought because your thoughts are given to you and comes out of you as such. That's what indoctrination is. I've heard him speak many times. Watch your sunday pastor when he talks it's all the same stuff, same language, same thoughts same everything. Ray is another clone. of a clone of a clone. Nice enough guy sure.

You didn't answer any of my questions.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:39 pm

I'm not excusing it, I'm pointing out your myopic thinking. Men have done evil in the name of everything, that doesn't make Christianity wrong, it means people are evil and left to themselves, hopeless. And you can study atheist regimes for the past 100 years and see the death and destruction is off the chain. But atheism has no category for evil, that's borrowing from a religious worldview.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Andreas89, Pethead, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:40 pm

And atheists have no original thinking, it's parroting others.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote: the white Christ. 

My impulse was to write,  "how blue is your hair?" 

But I realized that I shouldn't do that... and don't have to.
Well it's true they worship a blond blue eyed white Christ... how is it this offends you when it's right in your face in the plain light of day lolz...like I say, the serpents live in the light, not the darkness.

May as well be Kurt Cobain.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:49 pm

I have not turned on anyone, just noting that atrocities have been committed by everyone. I am no longer going to engage with you, since you have proven yourself to be intellectually dishonest. I am happy to fellowship with any fellow Christian who wishes to do so with me.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:49 pm

No one actually believes he's blond and blue eyed. 🙄 You're being childish now, every culture has represented Jesus to look like them
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Andreas89, Pethead, Pro-Zak, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:57 pm

Airola wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Airola wrote:

You didn't answer any of my questions.
 My thoughts come from experience and deep thought from those things, including Christianity and being able to see it from hindsight looking through the glass dome in instead of being locked in the dome. I can see you all clearly from out here, clear as the dun in clear blue cloudless sky. But you can't see me because you speak one language, your thoughts trained and groomed day in and day out.

When I got out of that dome for instance, that's when I realized darkness is not where evil lives. It's in the light where evil lives. Darkness exposes the lights evil secrets, it's not the other way around. That is an original thought that came from my thinking and realization. Rays thoughts come from a book...essentially there is no thought, just obedience. hope that answers that.

Black Rider wrote:I'm not excusing it, I'm pointing out your myopic thinking. Men have done evil in the name of everything, that doesn't make Christianity wrong, it means people are evil and left to themselves, hopeless. And you can study atheist regimes for the past 100 years and see the death and destruction is off the chain. But atheism has no category for evil, that's borrowing from a religious worldview.

Yes men have done evil in the name of lands and politics and domination and...on and on it goes...but religion...let's kill children women and men for imaginary gods we can't prove exist HUGE DIFFERENCE. Tell me I'm wrong.

Black Rider wrote:And atheists have no original thinking, it's parroting others.

Some do yes. I'm not an Atheist myself. I'm a question mark and always will be unless there's massive unequivocal proof of some God existing or anything else that created this planet.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:00 pm

All your arguments are the stock atheist answer
Funny thing is, once you throw out religion, there's no reason to say anything is wrong,. We're sophisticated pond scum, we have no meaning but I as an atheist am here to tell you you're wrong. It's a special kind of deceit.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Andreas89, Pethead, Pro-Zak, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:03 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:I have not turned on anyone, just noting that atrocities have been committed by everyone. I am no longer going to engage with you, since you have proven yourself to be intellectually dishonest. I am happy to fellowship with any fellow Christian who wishes to do so with me.
you are the dishonest one. You're just dodging a bullet. That's about what I'd expect too. You got nothing to come back with and know the Catholic church is built on a foundation of corruptions and evil to mankind. Simple as that. Naturally your "brothers" will side with you since it is closer to home. But you are not the same as them and they know it. Who's kidding who here.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next