The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Roger Martinez Interview

+15
Opeth3232
Raegoul
arttieTHE1manparty
Kerrick
CrimsonWarrior
MagnusPrime
Dustofyears
BaleMaster
GACatmandu
bodachi
Luke Easter
Sevenoneself
Black Rider
TZ75
jaydeecrawson
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: New Roger Martinez Interview

Post by TZ75 Wed May 31, 2023 12:43 am

Gary Lenaire has always kept his composure… whether he believed or didn’t. 

It’s all about the individual personality.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 12:56 am

TZ75 wrote:Gary Lenaire has always kept his composure… whether he believed or didn’t. 

Gary Lenaire only had his eyes half open and ran back to his 'Dog's breakfast" with tail between his legs realizing what a mistake he had made and the fan base he was about to lose after a little vacation away from it. Roger was wide awake, gave the middle finger, realized he lost a whole fan base, and was like, "Screw you guys" I'm doing real estate. Respect.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed May 31, 2023 1:15 am

Dustofyears wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:A part of me is curious to see Gary Lenaire appear on it. Who better to know both sides of the fence? Gary is a very intelligent person and well spoken when he chooses to be. In comparison, the way Roger conducts himself is embarrassing and childish! All he does is insult people that don’t think like he does.
Insults people that don't think like he does...well now why does that sound familiar... (Not you personally TZ), but in general... the damage done throughout history, bloodshed because of a fictional character that exists only in your head and used politically over and over again (religion on the whole) so much hypocrisy in Christianity its unbelievable you are all blind to it. We see what we want to see.

...and here we go again.

Not blind to it. Just not obsessed with it. 

Why are you so antagonistic and bitter? 

Are you seeing what you want to see?
Not obsessed or even thinking it over... always turning the blind eye to the savages of your religion on mass and small scales. The hypocrisy is huge. The very foundations of Christianity is built on total Hypocrisy and contradictions.

and to answer the last question, because it has been my experience.

SO enigmatic. 
You have such a disdain for Christianity, but like a moth to a flame, you keep coming back. You have a major chip on your shoulder. Can you show me on the doll where the crusades hurt you?
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 1:26 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:A part of me is curious to see Gary Lenaire appear on it. Who better to know both sides of the fence? Gary is a very intelligent person and well spoken when he chooses to be. In comparison, the way Roger conducts himself is embarrassing and childish! All he does is insult people that don’t think like he does.
Insults people that don't think like he does...well now why does that sound familiar... (Not you personally TZ), but in general... the damage done throughout history, bloodshed because of a fictional character that exists only in your head and used politically over and over again (religion on the whole) so much hypocrisy in Christianity its unbelievable you are all blind to it. We see what we want to see.

...and here we go again.

Not obsessed or even thinking it over... always turning the blind eye to the savages of your religion on mass and small scales. The hypocrisy is huge. The very foundations of Christianity is built on total Hypocrisy and contradictions.

SO enigmatic. 
You have such a disdain for Christianity, but like a moth to a flame, you keep coming back. You have a major chip on your shoulder. Can you show me on the doll where the crusades hurt you?
Your arrogance and ignorance is shining bright dim witted one. I can hear the drones coming back to the hive already. I see your strawman, point and call it deliberate blind scarecrow.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed May 31, 2023 1:45 am

Dustofyears wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

...and here we go again.

SO enigmatic. 
Your arrogance and ignorance is shining bright dim witted one. I can hear the drones coming back to the hive already. I see your strawman, point and call it deliberate blind scarecrow.

Why don't you go play on reddit? Lots of other Christian-bashers to play with. You can practice looking down your noses at each other.  Thumbs up
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster, Dustofyears, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 2:05 am

Because I'd rather play with the self righteous wizards stroking each others conservative beards and thinking themselves wise. It's much funnier. bless ya  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604

And I get the feeling I ain't gonna be here for much longer so I gotta get in a few jabs but that armour of God is amazing and bending all my dagger blades Razz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed May 31, 2023 6:19 am

Dustofyears wrote:I believe he would've made his money back releasing a few albums under the name Vengeance Rising. Though it's hard to say because then he would find himself in a grey area of now not having his main christian fan base on board and being despised by the world because he was in a christian band and now is even more laughable. So in a sense, he's back to square one in trying to build a new fan base and rebuild what he had helped setup and destroy. I think he knew how hard it would be to rebuild everything all over again and opted for real estate... I mean if he held it together enough to do real estate that tells me he had enough fortitude to start a band over. Would be great if he had released at least one album though, at the very least and to hear in what direction he was going... possibly black metal... now we'll never know.

I personally think if it was marketed correctly, he could have made a ton of money... merch, albums, maybe a documentary too? but he's now in his 60's I guess and has cancer.

I remember that dude Shannon Frye (not sure I spelled that correctly) said that he was gonna play drums on "Realms of Blasphemy" but Roger didn't even show up. And Shannon moved out to LA or something ready to play and Roger was a total dead beat. (at least that's what I remember of the story, I could be wrong, but that's the main gist of it). that was over 20 years ago from what I remember

I dunno. not really my business anyway....

I wish Roger would answer questions DIRECTLY instead of being dodgy... For years, I've asked him questions myself and he won't answer.... I left him voicemails like he requested also and he won't answer my questions....

He used to call and ask me for money in the late 90's. Then, he got threatening when I declined.... just like he did a few years ago with me.

I remember anther time the guy from 8 Ball Cholos said he was gonna whup Roger's ass after Roger came to his children's church or sunday school class and told the kids creationism was bull s**t.... he pulled Roger outside and told him he was gonna whup his ass and Roger backed down. (I've never told that story till now but that's what Burrito told me myself)

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed May 31, 2023 6:44 am

Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Gary Lenaire has always kept his composure… whether he believed or didn’t. 

Gary Lenaire only had his eyes half open and ran back to his 'Dog's breakfast" with tail between his legs realizing what a mistake he had made and the fan base he was about to lose after a little vacation away from it. Roger was wide awake, gave the middle finger, realized he lost a whole fan base, and was like, "Screw you guys" I'm doing real estate. Respect.

Fanbase? Gary doesn’t make any big money making music. He didn’t need to “run” back to anything. He has a successful career in sales, marketing and product research for musical instruments. If you want to know why he came back, the man can speak for himself. It’s documented online (if you search).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Wed May 31, 2023 7:44 am

Dustofyears wrote:Because I'd rather play with the self righteous wizards stroking each others conservative beards and thinking themselves wise. It's much funnier. bless ya  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604

And I get the feeling I ain't gonna be here for much longer so I gotta get in a few jabs but that armour of God is amazing and bending all my dagger blades Razz
At the risk of derailing this thread further, self-righteous people are people who think that they are righteous in God's sight on the basis of their own merits. This is not a Christian belief. And I don't really get that vibe from anyone on this forum.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 7:51 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:I believe he would've made his money back releasing a few albums under the name Vengeance Rising. Though it's hard to say because then he would find himself in a grey area of now not having his main christian fan base on board and being despised by the world because he was in a christian band and now is even more laughable. So in a sense, he's back to square one in trying to build a new fan base and rebuild what he had helped setup and destroy. I think he knew how hard it would be to rebuild everything all over again and opted for real estate... I mean if he held it together enough to do real estate that tells me he had enough fortitude to start a band over. Would be great if he had released at least one album though, at the very least and to hear in what direction he was going... possibly black metal... now we'll never know.

I personally think if it was marketed correctly, he could have made a ton of money... merch, albums, maybe a documentary too? but he's now in his 60's I guess and has cancer.

I remember that dude Shannon Frye (not sure I spelled that correctly) said that he was gonna play drums on "Realms of Blasphemy" but Roger didn't even show up. And Shannon moved out to LA or something ready to play and Roger was a total dead beat. (at least that's what I remember of the story, I could be wrong, but that's the main gist of it). that was over 20 years ago from what I remember

I dunno. not really my business anyway....

I wish Roger would answer questions DIRECTLY instead of being dodgy... For years, I've asked him questions myself and he won't answer.... I left him voicemails like he requested also and he won't answer my questions....

He used to call and ask me for money in the late 90's. Then, he got threatening when I declined.... just like he did a few years ago with me.

I remember anther time the guy from 8 Ball Cholos said he was gonna whup Roger's ass after Roger came to his children's church or sunday school class and told the kids creationism was bull s**t.... he pulled Roger outside and told him he was gonna whup his ass and Roger backed down. (I've never told that story till now but that's what Burrito told me myself)
Interesting info. Thanks. Sad to hear he has cancer didn't realize that.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 7:52 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Because I'd rather play with the self righteous wizards stroking each others conservative beards and thinking themselves wise. It's much funnier. bless ya  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604  New Roger Martinez Interview - Page 2 1f604

At the risk of derailing this thread further, self-righteous people are people who think that they are righteous in God's sight on the basis of their own merits. This is not a Christian belief. And I don't really get that vibe from anyone on this forum.
Well naturally... You're part of the club.

For educational purposes outside of the bubble you live in:

self-righteous
adjective
adjective: self-righteous
having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

Christians (you guys) in a nutshell.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Wed May 31, 2023 8:18 am

God's law is morally superior to the foolishness of the world. No one besides Jesus has actually kept it, but we are counted righteous through faith in him, his righteousness imputed to us freely.

If that makes all of us "self-righteous", that's fine with me.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Opeth3232, TZ75, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 8:20 am

God and gods, is and are, a complete man made fabrication. And so is religion. That makes you self righteous in the truest sense of the word. And the atrocities committed because of fiction people choose to believe in should not be tolerated (by any religion).

Last edited by Dustofyears on Wed May 31, 2023 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 31, 2023 8:22 am

Atheism is the belief something sprang from nothing and is complete nihilistic. Creation demands a creator, you have more faith than I do.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Louder, Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 8:24 am

Blackrider, I know you have a thing about atheists. But I am NOT an atheist.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 31, 2023 9:43 am

Well, you say there's no God so what's left?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 10:24 am

Black Rider wrote:Well, you say there's no God so what's left?
No one knows. But I do know the word God and gods and religion are made from the minds of men for the benefit of Mr Kite.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Wed May 31, 2023 11:26 am

TZ75 wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:I don't understand why anyone has any interest in anything either of these two have to say. Quit amplifying nonsense.

Simon had mentioned a conversation with you on Facebook that apparently went south. Something to do with Ronald Reagan. 

He said he still wants you to do the show.
I have no idea who Simon is, but having watched this clip I can't imagine wanting to waste my time.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, Opeth3232, TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed May 31, 2023 1:11 pm

Goodness gracious.  Thanks for bringing the discussion back to the topic Luke...

Dust, this isn't the place to antagonistically condescend all over the rest of us unenlightened peons.  The Reddit recommendation was a good suggestion if you want to carry on in this way.

Everyone else, please don't feed the troll, nor stoop to mocking or insulting.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, Pethead, Opeth3232, TZ75, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 31, 2023 1:39 pm

[quote="Dustofyears"]
No one knows. But I do know the word God and gods and religion are made from the minds of men for the benefit of Mr Kite.[/quite]
So you're an atheist. There's no other options.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Louder, Pethead, Opeth3232 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 2:18 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
No one knows. But I do know the word God and gods and religion are made from the minds of men for the benefit of Mr Kite.[/quite]
So you're an atheist. There's no other options.
Okay Kerrick no worries.

Just to answer Rider one final time— That's exactly it. Who says there has to be an option at all. It's a human need to want an answer, some purpose, especially in the face of impending doom, to want to make sense of all we are and this puzzle we find ourselves in. I'm perhaps what you might call agnostic if you need the conditioning of a label.  And I'll leave it on that note.

Jaydee I watched the actual interview. Was interesting. Didn't realize he had cancer. Yeah he's still bitter but I bet there's some truth in what he's saying also.

just to add, not nice saying he hopes Steve Rowe dies a horrible death though. That's pretty bitter all right. Also I don't it's an act  Jaydee or some Benton schtick. That's genuine hate and bitterness he spitting out there.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Wed May 31, 2023 3:54 pm

Annnnnd as is always the case with a Roger thread, things are rapidly devolving into finger-pointing and name calling.  I will give the one and only warning here to keep this civil or this thread goes bye bye.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed May 31, 2023 4:30 pm

Luke Easter wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:I don't understand why anyone has any interest in anything either of these two have to say. Quit amplifying nonsense.

Simon had mentioned a conversation with you on Facebook that apparently went south. Something to do with Ronald Reagan. 

I have no idea who Simon is, but having watched this clip I can't imagine wanting to waste my time.
In the Jim Chaffin episode he claims to have argued with you on a Christian metal forum and says he would like you on the show. Sorry I have no time stamp. 

OT: This episode is a new low even for Roger.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed May 31, 2023 5:09 pm

Raegoul wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

In the Jim Chaffin episode he claims to have argued with you on a Christian metal forum and says he would like you on the show. Sorry I have no time stamp. 

by the way dude: I have a "Raegoul" tattoo on my left arm in traditional tattoo lettering... purty cool!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Raegoul, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Wed May 31, 2023 5:22 pm

Raegoul wrote:
Luke Easter wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

I have no recollection of an exchange with him, but maybe it happened. Regardless, I have no interest in being on his YouTube show. You can't have a discussion with someone who's already decided they kn ow better, and (at the risk of sounding full of myself) I have no interest in generating traffic for him. So, no thanks, Simon.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead, Opeth3232, TZ75, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next