The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Roger Martinez Interview

+15
Opeth3232
Raegoul
arttieTHE1manparty
Kerrick
CrimsonWarrior
MagnusPrime
Dustofyears
BaleMaster
GACatmandu
bodachi
Luke Easter
Sevenoneself
Black Rider
TZ75
jaydeecrawson
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Roger Martinez Interview Empty New Roger Martinez Interview

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon May 29, 2023 4:29 pm

Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/5qZT1VT0Yqk

I might say more about this later, but my initial thought is that Roger isn't a Saint or infallible either

The people he criticizes in the video are human too.... not excusing bad behavior, but I'm sure there are people in Roger's personal life that could air his dirty laundry too so to speak.

He's definitely entertaining though....

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Roger Martinez Interview Empty Re: New Roger Martinez Interview

Post by TZ75 Mon May 29, 2023 9:22 pm

He called Ted K “dead Ted”, and Steve Rowe an ungrateful rodent. 

I feel sorry for Roger. He’s still very angry. His heart is hardened.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, jaydeecrawson, Pethead, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon May 29, 2023 10:02 pm

TZ75 wrote:He called Ted K “dead Ted”, and Steve Rowe an ungrateful rodent. 

I feel sorry for Roger. He’s still very angry. His heart is hardened.

Yeah. I caught that too....

I personally think it's an "act".... he's trying to be like Glenn Benton or something... I dunno.

I also noticed he's not man enough to face Larry Farkas on there.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, Pethead, Opeth3232, TZ75, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon May 29, 2023 10:49 pm

I find him immature and needing attention. Grow up.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, Opeth3232, TZ75, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue May 30, 2023 2:14 am

He never seems serious when he speaks. It’s like he’s always holding back a laugh.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Tue May 30, 2023 8:07 am

Putting fans into his will?!  New Roger Martinez Interview 1f602
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Tue May 30, 2023 9:56 am

I don't understand why anyone has any interest in anything either of these two have to say. Quit amplifying nonsense.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Staybrite, deathisgain, Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Tue May 30, 2023 2:06 pm

Luke Easter wrote:I don't understand why anyone has any interest in anything either of these two have to say. Quit amplifying nonsense.

Good point Luke.

But, it's like watching a train wreck or like watching Jerry Springer I guess... or wrestling.

I mean, if you pulled a Roger Martinez, we'd all be watching you too! LoL

But yes.... you're right. I guess I watch because of curiosity, boredom.... entertainment.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Opeth3232, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Tue May 30, 2023 2:20 pm

This guy walked away from God almost 30 years ago. Why are we still paying attention to him?!! Pray for him, enjoy the tunes and shake the dust off your feet.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Staybrite, Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue May 30, 2023 5:32 pm

Luke Easter wrote:I don't understand why anyone has any interest in anything either of these two have to say. Quit amplifying nonsense.

Simon had mentioned a conversation with you on Facebook that apparently went south. Something to do with Ronald Reagan. 

He said he still wants you to do the show.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue May 30, 2023 5:37 pm

A part of me is curious to see Gary Lenaire appear on it. Who better to know both sides of the fence? Gary is a very intelligent person and well spoken when he chooses to be. In comparison, the way Roger conducts himself is embarrassing and childish! All he does is insult people that don’t think like he does.

Last edited by TZ75 on Tue May 30, 2023 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue May 30, 2023 5:49 pm

Jim Chaffin just did the show. At first he seemed reserved not knowing how it was going to go… but towards the end he opened up and stood his ground. While he wasn’t really attacked with any hardball questions, he did alright. 

I guess next on the “hot seat” is Mark Salomon. Simon was/is a big Crucified fan. It’s just a hunch, but I doubt Mark would have any major disagreements with some of the lefty questions. If you’ve seen his Twitter the last few years, he kinda already leans to the left politically. Not all the questions are about God’s existence. Some are about current events and society.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Tue May 30, 2023 7:27 pm

I'm not even a Christian and there are things Roger believes now that I would probably agree with BUT, from these three so-called interviews I seriously wouldn't trust Roger any farther than I could throw him, the guy just seems bitter and sad. Also, to speak ill of people that can't defend themselves is just showing how weak of a human Roger is at this point in his life.

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue May 30, 2023 9:51 pm

This channel's name is the dumbest thing ever also. Glad I chose to avoid it.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Tue May 30, 2023 10:13 pm

I watched the Jim Chaffin one too and fell asleep...

it would be awesome if he had Gary on there!

At least with Roger, it's not boring. LoL

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue May 30, 2023 10:15 pm

Fraudger and his pedantic shtick are quite boring.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue May 30, 2023 11:07 pm

Tear them self righteous jerk offs to shreds Roger.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue May 30, 2023 11:39 pm

GACatmandu wrote:I'm not even a Christian and there are things Roger believes now that I would probably agree with BUT, from these three so-called interviews I seriously wouldn't trust Roger any farther than I could throw him, the guy just seems bitter and sad. Also, to speak ill of people that can't defend themselves is just showing how weak of a human Roger is at this point in his life.
Wouldn't trust him either as he falls headlong into things in an excited rambling way. However, I am glad his eyes were opened.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Tue May 30, 2023 11:41 pm

Roger hasn't stayed current and he's been irrelevant for years... it's a real shame. I personally think he could have been successful in a secular metal band, but I wasn't there after the "Released" tour when it all fell apart. I'm sad that he went through a lot of painful experiences in the music business and in his personal life. I also got very disillusioned when I worked in TV ministry and saw the reckless spending, immorality, incompetance, etc. (although I'm not Saint either!)

He also hurt a lot of people including Pastor Bob. Let's hear him man up to that and accept it.

He's also not educated when it comes to other, more contemplative forms of Christianity. I'm sure he hasn't read any Fr. Seraphim Rose or Vladimir Lossky for instance.... or Alexander Schmemann. (I know there are others, but I can't think of any right now).....

He has a lot of Pentecostal baggage.

but, he's still entertaining to listen to sometimes just to hear his unfiltered rhetoric and banter.

I'll always be a massive VR fan!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Opeth3232, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue May 30, 2023 11:44 pm

TZ75 wrote:A part of me is curious to see Gary Lenaire appear on it. Who better to know both sides of the fence? Gary is a very intelligent person and well spoken when he chooses to be. In comparison, the way Roger conducts himself is embarrassing and childish! All he does is insult people that don’t think like he does.
Insults people that don't think like he does...well now why does that sound familiar... (Not you personally TZ), but in general... So much hypocrisy in Christianity its unbelievable you are all blind to it. We see what we want to see.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue May 30, 2023 11:45 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:Roger hasn't stayed current and he's been irrelevant for years... it's a real shame. I personally think he could have been successful in a secular metal band, but I wasn't there after the "Released" tour when it all fell apart. I'm sad that he went through a lot of painful experiences in the music business and in his personal life. I also got very disillusioned when I worked in TV ministry and saw the reckless spending, immorality, incompetance, etc. (although I'm not Saint either!)

He also hurt a lot of people including Pastor Bob. Let's hear him man up to that and accept it.

He's also not educated when it comes to other, more contemplative forms of Christianity. I'm sure he hasn't read any Fr. Seraphim Rose or Vladimir Lossky for instance.... or Alexander Schmemann. (I know there are others, but I can't think of any right now).....

but, he's still entertaining to listen to sometimes just to hear his unfiltered rhetoric and banter.

I wish he had come out with a secular album too.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Tue May 30, 2023 11:56 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
jaydeecrawson wrote:Roger hasn't stayed current and he's been irrelevant for years... it's a real shame. I personally think he could have been successful in a secular metal band, but I wasn't there after the "Released" tour when it all fell apart. I'm sad that he went through a lot of painful experiences in the music business and in his personal life. I also got very disillusioned when I worked in TV ministry and saw the reckless spending, immorality, incompetance, etc. (although I'm not Saint either!)

I wish he had come out with a secular album too.

In the 90s, if he was clever or had the emotional and mental fortitude, hunger and professionalism he probably could have made some money with it... especially if it was marketed well.

maybe that's why there is still so much chatter and noise about it. the whole VR saga is crazy man.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 12:21 am

I believe he would've made his money back releasing a few albums under the name Vengeance Rising. Though it's hard to say because then he would find himself in a grey area of now not having his main christian fan base on board and being despised by the world because he was in a christian band and now is even more laughable. So in a sense, he's back to square one in trying to build a new fan base and rebuild what he had helped setup and destroy. I think he knew how hard it would be to rebuild everything all over again and opted for real estate... I mean if he held it together enough to do real estate that tells me he had enough fortitude to start a band over. Would be great if he had released at least one album though, at the very least and to hear in what direction he was going... possibly black metal... now we'll never know.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Wed May 31, 2023 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed May 31, 2023 12:31 am

Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:A part of me is curious to see Gary Lenaire appear on it. Who better to know both sides of the fence? Gary is a very intelligent person and well spoken when he chooses to be. In comparison, the way Roger conducts himself is embarrassing and childish! All he does is insult people that don’t think like he does.
Insults people that don't think like he does...well now why does that sound familiar... (Not you personally TZ), but in general... So much hypocrisy in Christianity its unbelievable you are all blind to it. We see what we want to see.

...and here we go again.

Not blind to it. Just not obsessed with it. 

Why are you so antagonistic and bitter? 

Are you seeing what you want to see?
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed May 31, 2023 12:33 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Insults people that don't think like he does...well now why does that sound familiar... (Not you personally TZ), but in general... the damage done throughout history, bloodshed because of a fictional character that exists only in your head and used politically over and over again (religion on the whole) so much hypocrisy in Christianity its unbelievable you are all blind to it. We see what we want to see.

...and here we go again.

Not blind to it. Just not obsessed with it. 

Why are you so antagonistic and bitter? 

Are you seeing what you want to see?
Not obsessed or even thinking it over... always turning the blind eye to the savages of your religion on mass and small scales. The hypocrisy is huge. The very foundations of Christianity is built on total Hypocrisy and contradictions.

and to answer the last question, because it has been my experience.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Wed May 31, 2023 12:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next