The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Martinez interview on Atheists Having Cocktails with Christians

+12
Kerrick
crucifyd
Soldier777
Frozen Fire
Pethead
Raegoul
MagnusPrime
Black Rider
jaydeecrawson
Dustofyears
TZ75
petrafan007
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Roger Martinez interview on Atheists Having Cocktails with Christians Empty Roger Martinez interview on Atheists Having Cocktails with Christians

Post by petrafan007 Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:37 pm

petrafan007
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

jaydeecrawson, Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Roger Martinez interview on Atheists Having Cocktails with Christians Empty Re: Roger Martinez interview on Atheists Having Cocktails with Christians

Post by TZ75 Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:06 pm

Notice Roger always has that mischievous smirk on his face.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

petrafan007, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Roger Martinez interview on Atheists Having Cocktails with Christians Empty Re: Roger Martinez interview on Atheists Having Cocktails with Christians

Post by Dustofyears Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:59 pm

Cool thanks watch this later.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:03 pm

Wow! Thanks a TON for sharing...

just interesting to see him FINALLY come out of reclusion and give a decent interview

the interviewer has a cool shirt on... that design originally had the demon and Vengeance logo on the BACK. That might be a bootleg? I'd sure like to find out!

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the interviews...

a shame he's still an unbeliever, but besides his comments on that, it's cool to hear the other commenting and info.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:09 am

Interesting. Reminds of someone I used to know, always going from extreme to extreme. Everyone's entitled to change their minds, but heck may as well except that once he had extreme views on the christian side of things and called out anyone that disagreed with that with all the hell fire and brimstone one could wish for. Now the roundabout is in the extreme reverse but with same pattern and mindset at work... You'd think one would step back after a time of contradictions and just shrug their shoulders and admit they don't know the answer and no one does. Least in my case I have learned that anyone that has extreme beliefs and is cocksure of themselves I grow well wary of Lest he got over the "satanic" phase, as one does. Good to see he's doing all right too.

Thanks for sharing good to see where Roger's at.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

jaydeecrawson, Opeth3232 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:59 am

Someone in the comments under the video referred to Bearing Gruesome Cargo by Tourniquet to describe Roger’s bitterness. So very true!

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:19 am

It’s so tiring to see the same old excuses and arguments from the atheist side. They always say how Christianity has caused so much death and destruction in history. Especially the medieval crusades…

But they completely ignore the extreme death tolls of Joseph Stalin and Mao (both were atheist). Both had a much higher death toll than Hitler’s regime. They don’t bother talking about the slaughter that the Muslim world has caused with it’s worldwide expansion in history. 

They also act like the only pedophiles on earth are priests or pastors. Do they care when an atheist person molests children? If they cared, they’d call themselves out too. Let’s face it, humans are evil wrongdoers. Who are they gonna point the finger at if they succeeded to rid the world of religion? (specifically Christianity). 
They just use Christian morals against itself. If you take away God, what system of thought will condemn wrongdoing? If there’s no God, there’s no law. “Sin” won’t exist.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, xMetalMarkx, strangerhoncho, Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:21 am

TZ nailed it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

eatbugs, Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:08 am

TZ75 wrote:It’s so tiring to see the same old excuses and arguments from the atheist side. They always say how Christianity has caused so much death and destruction in history. Especially the medieval crusades…

But they completely ignore the extreme death tolls of Joseph Stalin and Mao (both were atheist). Both had a much higher death toll than Hitler’s regime. They don’t bother talking about the slaughter that the Muslim world has caused with it’s worldwide expansion in history. 

They also act like the only pedophiles on earth are priests or pastors. Do they care when an atheist person molests children? If they cared, they’d call themselves out too. Let’s face it, humans are evil wrongdoers. Who are they gonna point the finger at if they succeeded to rid the world of religion? (specifically Christianity). 
They just use Christian morals against itself. If you take away God, what system of thought will condemn wrongdoing? If there’s no God, there’s no law. “Sin” won’t exist.

We're living in a world that has lost the fear of God. The fear of consequence. Gliding into hell on a rainbow slip-n-slide.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, jaydeecrawson, Pethead, Opeth3232, TZ75, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:47 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
TZ75 wrote:It’s so tiring to see the same old excuses and arguments from the atheist side. They always say how Christianity has caused so much death and destruction in history. Especially the medieval crusades…

We're living in a world that has lost the fear of God. The fear of consequence. Gliding into hell on a rainbow slip-n-slide.
 great point.

watch this:

https://youtu.be/p9WII_5CLuU

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:26 am

Yeah that was hard to watch. BTW have you guys seen the episode with Jimmy P. Brown? I listened to it late at night and I am not a native speaker so I might have got some things wrong but did Jimmy really claim that Jesus studied theology to become a rabbi and that he was married?
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:28 am

Raegoul wrote:Yeah that was hard to watch. BTW have you guys seen the episode with Jimmy P. Brown? I listened to it late at night and I am not a native speaker so I might have got some things wrong but did Jimmy really claim that Jesus studied theology to become a rabbi and that he was married?

Do you have a time stamp for that in the JPBII video?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:56 am

Pethead wrote:
Raegoul wrote:Yeah that was hard to watch. BTW have you guys seen the episode with Jimmy P. Brown? I listened to it late at night and I am not a native speaker so I might have got some things wrong but did Jimmy really claim that Jesus studied theology to become a rabbi and that he was married?

Do you have a time stamp for that in the JPBII video?
Looked it up it starts at 1:39 (in part II, there are two videos).
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:33 pm

Dude, it sure sounds like that. What I heard sounded awfully close to heresy.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:15 pm

Jimmy has a misunderstanding of why Jesus is a rabbi. Jesus was not formally trained, he was a carpenter's son. 

* That's why the people in John 7:15 said, "And the Jews marveled, saying, "How does this man know letters, having never studied?" 

* It is the reason why they were offended at him in Matthew 13:54-56 "When he had come to his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said "where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And his brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did the man get all these things? 

* It is the reason why the priests and elders asked him by what authority he did and taught what he did? (Matt 21:23) They expected him to name a rabbi that he did his formal studies under. Paul had such credentials under Gamaliel (Acts 22:3), a teacher of teachers, a rabbi of rabbis, Jesus didn't.

Jesus was not a teacher in a line of men with formal study, he is the Son of God. He is the source of all wisdom and therefore is THE rabbi, THE teacher.

I'm not trying to be mean but if every Christian for 2,000 years including the apostles missed a revelation you personally discovered through something esoteric, I'd be more than wary.

I don't think what he said in this regard was the most problematic statement.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider, xMetalMarkx, jaydeecrawson, Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:21 pm

I hardly care anymore what so called christian musicians say or sing about, so many embrace heterodox or heretical stuff it's crazy.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:28 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:

Jimmy has a misunderstanding of why Jesus is a rabbi. Jesus was not formally trained, he was a carpenter's son. 

* That's why the people in John 7:15 said, "And the Jews marveled, saying, "How does this man know letters, having never studied?" 

* It is the reason why they were offended at him in Matthew 13:54-56 "When he had come to his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said "where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works? Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And his brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did the man get all these things? 

* It is the reason why the priests and elders asked him by what authority he did and taught what he did? (Matt 21:23) They expected him to name a rabbi that he did his formal studies under. Paul had such credentials under Gamaliel (Acts 22:3), a teacher of teachers, a rabbi of rabbis, Jesus didn't.

Jesus was not a teacher in a line of men with formal study, he is the Son of God. He is the source of all wisdom and therefore is THE rabbi, THE teacher.

I'm not trying to be mean but if every Christian for 2,000 years including the apostles missed a revelation you personally discovered through something esoteric, I'd be more than wary.

I don't think what he said in this regard was the most problematic statement.

Absolutely. His statements have no basis in fact.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

jaydeecrawson, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:28 pm

Black Rider wrote:I hardly care anymore what so called christian musicians say or sing about, so many embrace heterodox or heretical stuff it's crazy.

If you need me, I’ll be spinning my secular albums instead.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:04 pm

Black Rider wrote:I hardly care anymore what so called christian musicians say or sing about, so many embrace heterodox or heretical stuff it's crazy.

Come on now, don't you wanna be "enlightened" like all the cool kids these days?

This fallen world is really taking a toll on a lot of people.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Opeth3232 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:23 pm

Pethead wrote:Dude, it sure sounds like that. What I heard sounded awfully close to heresy.
Bummer. It sucked already enough to get the confirmation Roger hadn't changed but it sucks even more to see Jimmy talking like this...
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:08 pm

I expect a brand new believer to unintentionally spout nonsense. I expect someone who has ostensibly been a believer for decades to have a better grasp of Scripture and doctrine.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:26 pm

Pethead wrote:I expect a brand new believer to unintentionally spout nonsense. I expect someone who has ostensibly been a believer for decades to have a better grasp of Scripture and doctrine.
I expect quite a lot of nonsense on a brand new Believer record as well. Laughing
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead, Opeth3232, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:33 pm

Raegoul wrote:
Pethead wrote:I expect a brand new believer to unintentionally spout nonsense. I expect someone who has ostensibly been a believer for decades to have a better grasp of Scripture and doctrine.
I expect quite a lot of nonsense on a brand new Believer record as well. Laughing

Well played, sir.

Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 pm

Should Believer change their name to Deceiver?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:35 am

TZ75 wrote:Should Believer change their name to Deceiver?
No, into Beerlover
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next