The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A special message to Roger Martinez and Vengeance Rising

+8
jeffcorpse
Opeth3232
MikeInFla
Pro-Zak
deathisgain
BaleMaster
Constantine
jaydeecrawson
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A special message to Roger Martinez and Vengeance Rising Empty A special message to Roger Martinez and Vengeance Rising

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon 9 Dec 2019 - 11:14

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

A special message to Roger Martinez and Vengeance Rising Empty Re: A special message to Roger Martinez and Vengeance Rising

Post by Constantine Mon 9 Dec 2019 - 11:24

I'm not sure what the point of this is....
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

A special message to Roger Martinez and Vengeance Rising Empty Re: A special message to Roger Martinez and Vengeance Rising

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon 9 Dec 2019 - 11:28

Guess you didn't watch it all.

Why does there need to be a point?

If you were a Vengeance Rising superfan there doesn't need to be one... you just talk about it man. Kinda like sports fans talk about football for hours on end.

What's the point in talking about KISS reunions with the original lineup and dreaming about what Randy Rhoads would have done if he had lived? You just talk man.

what's the point of this entire forum?

If you were Roger Martinez you'd get the point son.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon 9 Dec 2019 - 11:43

I watched it all.  But the guy in the video is waving Satanic Bibles and calling the Bible a bunch of fairy tales. 
He apparently grew up in the church but has now embraced the dark side.  And he's not longing for the Roger of old, but the Roger of post Christianity.  That makes me sad.  I used to be into all that before I became a believer in Christ.   I sang in a black metal band.  I would never want to go back to all that.   

Different people might get different things out of this, but that is my reaction.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat 14 Dec 2019 - 3:31

Crying or Very sad
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat 14 Dec 2019 - 21:14

Constantine wrote:I watched it all.  But the guy in the video is waving Satanic Bibles and calling the Bible a bunch of fairy tales. 
He apparently grew up in the church but has now embraced the dark side.  And he's not longing for the Roger of old, but the Roger of post Christianity.  That makes me sad.  I used to be into all that before I became a believer in Christ.   I sang in a black metal band.  I would never want to go back to all that.   

Different people might get different things out of this, but that is my reaction.

The guy in the video is jaydeecrawson
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun 15 Dec 2019 - 3:49

That explains much, Deathisgain.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun 15 Dec 2019 - 4:11

About as much of a chance as Jim re-joining The Doors...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun 15 Dec 2019 - 5:13

Lol!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun 15 Dec 2019 - 10:16

He's actually a pretty cool cat. I've messaged him a few times and while not a believer he has never criticized me for being one. Not to mention he really enjoys the past Christian Metal releases that he reviews on his channel. He doesn't talk bad about them but rather how awesome they are. And he genuinely felt bad for Oz's cancer diagnosis on one of his videos.i told him to message me next time he gets down to Panama City.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu 26 Dec 2019 - 11:27

I guess it worked after all guys.... LOOK:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRc1umBCVjPjVBEgQniigvw

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Thu 26 Dec 2019 - 11:30

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sat 28 Dec 2019 - 20:49

jaydeecrawson wrote:Here he is:

https://youtu.be/5Ws3kP7Wpaw
Dang he has no hair to thrash around anymore lol. So glad he looks healthy and happy. Thanks for posting!
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun 29 Dec 2019 - 21:19

He looks more like a Cartel Godfather now than a Metal Lord!  Razz
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Mon 30 Dec 2019 - 6:58

So.... Roger himself actually emailed me a long thank you over the weekend and also bought me and my wife a gift certificate.

We might fly out to LA next year and try to meet him too... who knows?

but, it was cool. We actually got several emails from other bands as well regarding that video so I'm glad we shot it while we were visiting Pittsburgh!

Just uploaded a few more so you guys help me out and subscribe please! 

STAY METAL!

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Tue 31 Dec 2019 - 6:34

A VR reunion show with Roger would be awesome! He wouldn't have to preach and some Christian fans would be stoked to see it!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Tue 31 Dec 2019 - 6:58

Mr Jeff Corpse...

I remember meeting you once in Atlanta about 20 years ago. ya'll were booked to play somewhere like the "Jam" or the "Pterodactyl" I think but ya'll didn't end up playing.

you played me some riffs off your Corpse album

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Dec 2019 - 7:40

jeffcorpse wrote:A VR reunion show with Roger would be awesome! He wouldn't have to preach and some Christian fans would be stoked to see it!

Its not impossible,  I really enjoyed Once Dead and Destruction Comes

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Tue 31 Dec 2019 - 8:57

you'd think if Axl and Slash can reunite and Danzig and Jerry Only, then some form of VR with Roger could...

But Roger emailed me a really nice email after he saw the video. He also mentioned Bob Beaman and the original VR guys and I don't think there's a chance in hell he would ever reunite or play again. 

he said he's gonna sic 'em over taxes and financial issues.

but if a reunion was gonna happen, it would have happened by now. huge bummer.

I've taken some heat for making that video, but I've heard from members of Deliverance and VR thanking me for doing it.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Tue 31 Dec 2019 - 19:10

jaydeecrawson wrote:you'd think if Axl and Slash can reunite and Danzig and Jerry Only, then some form of VR with Roger could...

But Roger emailed me a really nice email after he saw the video. He also mentioned Bob Beaman and the original VR guys and I don't think there's a chance in hell he would ever reunite or play again. 

he said he's gonna sic 'em over taxes and financial issues.

but if a reunion was gonna happen, it would have happened by now. huge bummer.

I've taken some heat for making that video, but I've heard from members of Deliverance and VR thanking me for doing it.

Sometimes things are best left untouched bro. Maybe someday all hearts can be healed with both parties if not for a reunion then peace of mind. Will look for you on YouTube
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Wed 1 Jan 2020 - 7:13

jaydeecrawson wrote:Mr Jeff Corpse...

I remember meeting you once in Atlanta about 20 years ago. ya'll were booked to play somewhere like the "Jam" or the "Pterodactyl" I think but ya'll didn't end up playing.

you played me some riffs off your Corpse album
It was probably Jay who was our guitarist at the time. I couldn't commit to play that much because of work and family. I played drums Smile
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed 1 Jan 2020 - 7:56

Axl and slash reunited for money. All the difference in the world. Axl wasn't running his mouth mocking slash a beliefs. Keep dreaming.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu 2 Jan 2020 - 18:15

New interview with Roger Dale Martin from a non-musical Youtube channel:

I listened to the whole thing and I'm not even a fan.  Roger plays a lot of bass riffs towards the end.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kchooligan Fri 12 Jun 2020 - 18:01

I just joined and would like to watch the YouTube video but I don't have access to it, is there a password to watch it

Kchooligan
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri 12 Jun 2020 - 19:11

Interesting. Now the video is listed as private.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next