The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger's vocal mistake on "Burn" by Vengeance

2 posters

Go down

Roger's vocal mistake on "Burn" by Vengeance Empty Roger's vocal mistake on "Burn" by Vengeance

Post by crucifyd Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:55 am

I ​was reading Roger Dale Martin's comments on facebook regarding "Burn" from Human Sacrifice and he mentioned the vocal mistake that he says Roger wanted left in the final mix, along with some other things that made me want to play it and listen for the things he was commenting about...

I ended up listening to the original release and the "Unreleased First Mix" version.

@ 2:03 the vocal mistake is very obvious on the original release.
However on the "Unreleased First Mix" there is NO vocal mistake, or at least I can't hear it...

was it edited out on that one?
was it edited out back in 88 (the mix the band wanted)?
was it edited out in 2020 for the "Unreleased First Mix"?
if so, why?

am I crazy?

Roger's vocal mistake on "Burn" by Vengeance Z Roger's vocal mistake on "Burn" by Vengeance 9k=
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Roger's vocal mistake on "Burn" by Vengeance Empty Re: Roger's vocal mistake on "Burn" by Vengeance

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:23 pm

I don't know the whole story, but I've always taken DV's (I think this stands for Doug Van Pelt) from HM magazine. I thought that if there was someone who knew what had happened, he probably would. But then I'd never read what RDM had to say on it.

Top 100 Christian Rock Albums Of All Time — HM Magazine

In this article he says this, "Has only one blemish (probably the worst audio engineering glitch of all time) – a bad vocal edit, which comes in at 2:02 during the song “Burn.”
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down