The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacrament News + a new band arise...

+16
PGDrummer
Drawnsword
Pethead
Dustofyears
Christian metal Horde
average joe
bodachi
stevegarveyfan
Son of Nun
Constantine
Kerrick
Black Rider
TZ75
mothy
Temple of Blood
Lex Metalis
20 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sacrament News + a new band arise... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sacrament News + a new band arise...

Post by Christian metal Horde Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:55 am

Great, i am 32 years old so please forgive me that a few years ago i found out about the christian thrash metal movement around 30 years ago.
Sacrament is and was a great one, good to see they are kind of alive again.

I will promote it also on my pages (christian metal horde)
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sacrament News + a new band arise... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sacrament News + a new band arise...

Post by Dustofyears Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:08 am

Clip sounds promising.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:38 pm

average joe wrote:
It mothy wrote:My only wory is the #metalcore at the bottom of the post. I hope they stay in a more traditional thrash style.

It’s my understanding it will be a mixture of thrash, heavy metal, groove metal.

So maybe like more uptempo Eternal Decision?
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:54 am

Dustofyears wrote:Clip sounds promising.

Agreed! Guitar tones sound Haunts of Violence-esque. I have also heard Torone sounds better than ever. Hoping to get a mix of the intensity that came with those shouts, screams, and growls!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:43 am

Put the guitar tone/crunch of Haunts of Violence with Torone’s powerful vocals = winning combination!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:47 am

Sacrament could be great with any of these guys…

Mike Torone
Rob Wolfe 
Ron Rinehart (Dark Angel) *Rinehart is a Christian
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:29 pm

I don't think the vocals with most thrash bands are the biggest issue.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:27 pm

They make or break. Far and away the most important instrument IMHO. ; )

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:42 pm

I'd rather listen to Vio-lence than Heathen.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:44 am

In other Sacrament news, "Testimony" was just added to Spotify for the 1st time I believe....!
Prior to this there was only "Slave To Sin" on there from an old compilation.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:54 pm

I really hope that their new album creates (for lack of a better term) a buzz. There really hasn’t been anything great in so many years… IMO 
We need some exciting Christian Metal like the old days!

I’m also optimistic about Gary Lenaire’s new album.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Louder and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:57 pm

TZ75 wrote:I really hope that their new album creates (for lack of a better term) a buzz. There really hasn’t been anything great in so many years… IMO 
We need some exciting Christian Metal like the old days!

I’m also optimistic about Gary Lenaire’s new album.

Agreed! Can’t remember the last impactful album that really caught attention. It’s been a very long time since a release stood out.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:11 am

I miss those powerful Jimmy P. Brown riffs that rivaled anything Metallica ever did. Sacrament was awesome, but it seems like they disappeared way too fast after Haunts of Violence! I was left wanting more. Betrayal was very good too!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:43 pm

Sounds like they are still all about getting the message out which is really refreshing to see!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:26 pm

From Eric Shirney personal facebook:

"I just heard the full demo for Testimony of Apocalypse's first song and it's awesome! The band features original #Sacrament vocalist Michael Torone and drummer Paul Graham. They're joined by guitarist / bassist Nick Pacitti. If you're into classic Sacrament or groove-oriented thrash in general, you're going to love this stuff!"
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:19 am

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:38 pm

“Old school thrash singer 😁😁 with old school boombox (including cassette tape😉😉) 😊😊welcome to 2021😀😀=Thrash!!😇😇” - Brian Toy

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:34 pm

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Drawnsword and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:26 pm

WOW thats killer!
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I liked some aspects of that song, but on the whole it didn’t do a lot for me, unfortunately.

So thankful they’re still preaching the Gospel loud and clear, though!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Very different from the original sound, but I like the groove! I hope there will be solos added.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:25 pm

Thanks! I just ordered the Testimony of Apocalypse album cover shirt.

I have no problem with the price of the shirt, but the shipping is too much! Add the tax, it cost me $32… but I had to have it!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:38 pm

Pethead wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I liked some aspects of that song, but on the whole it didn’t do a lot for me, unfortunately.

It needs some “shrieks” to contrast the low grunting and a guitar lead. Maybe also cut some fat and shorten the length to avoid too much repetition. Keep in mind… it’s just a demo. Hopefully they will have it fine tuned before it’s released.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:41 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pethead wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

It needs some “shrieks” to contrast the low grunting and a guitar lead. Maybe also cut some fat and shorten the length to avoid too much repetition. Keep in mind… it’s just a demo. Hopefully they will have it fine tuned before it’s released.
Yeah, there’s definitely good ideas here.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:27 am

Agreed on some screams mixed in like on the Testimony album would add a nice touch in terms of variation. I wonder if Torone can still hit those screams? The problem is that it is typically that part of the vocals that seem to go with age. For example, Chuck Billy stays with the lower stuff mixed with more discernible stuff pretty much at all times now and never really hits any highs or shrieking screams. Phil Enselmo (one of the best at it early on) also seemed to lose that shrieking scream skill not long after Cowboys. 

That said, Torone’s vocals have been on a 30 year hiatus, so hopefully he can still mix in screams here and there, even if only in the studio. Bands like Killswitch, for example, have a vocalist that has been hitting those high screams for almost 20 years, so it can be done physically. Would be nice to add that element for variety if he can. Some of the growls sound good as an accent, but overall the vocals have a rather monotone (almost death metal vibe), especially when matched to the music. The spoken parts as a change of pace appear to be an attempt to add variation. The gang vocals also sound a bit out of place. Also, the vocals seem to have some sort of distortion added, which could work as an accent here and there, but maybe not throughout. Maybe it’s just a demo thing. Time will tell. I agree with the duration/repetition and lead critiques, but, it’s a demo. Definitely miss the speed and frantic tempo of their previous work. Refreshing to hear a band after such a long layoff attempt to return to something close to an original form lyrically without a complete change in lyrical content. Congrats to Paul and Mike for their efforts.

Last edited by average joe on Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:27 am; edited 6 times in total

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next