The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacrament News + a new band arise...

+16
PGDrummer
Drawnsword
Pethead
Dustofyears
Christian metal Horde
average joe
bodachi
stevegarveyfan
Son of Nun
Constantine
Kerrick
Black Rider
TZ75
mothy
Temple of Blood
Lex Metalis
20 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Sacrament News + a new band arise... - Page 6 Empty Re: Sacrament News + a new band arise...

Post by BaleMaster Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:23 am

TZ75 wrote:
average joe wrote:“We decided to split into two projects as we had differing opinions on the direction of the music. Paul and Mike Torone teamed up with guitarist Nick Pacitti to do a project Testimony of Apocalypse. Mike DiDonato and I are teaming up with Believer drummer Joe Daub to do a thrash project called Mortal. We are taking our time writing this project, so it will probably not be released until next year at the earliest. We really like the direction of the music. We have one song written bass, drums, and guitar, and about 5 more in the works currently. We're hoping it will be our best album to date. We haven't landed on a vocalist yet but are kicking around a few names. We will eventually do a website when we start to get a bit closer to a single release.” - Erik Ney

Finally an update on the other Sacrament spin-off: “Mortal” (although I’m not sure it was a good idea using that name since there was already an established Christian band that was called that).

The way I see it, sometimes splitting up is a blessing. That’s how Megadeth was born with Dave Mustaine’s departure. Or Guy Ritter and Gary Lenaire doing their post Tourniquet projects.
The whole Mortal thing shouldn't be that big of a thing anymore,  since the 90s industrial act goes by MorZan these days.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sacrament News + a new band arise... - Page 6 Empty Re: Sacrament News + a new band arise...

Post by Pethead Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:45 am

The second band needs to be named Haunts of Violence, obviously.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and TOATestimony like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TOATestimony Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:00 am

TZ75 wrote:Brian Toy needs to join one of the bands. His rhythm playing is intense! 

Come out of metal retirement Brian! At least make a guest appearance on a song or two.

I think you will find some some intense picking on many of the songs, especially on those that weren't yet released.  Some picking was certainly "Brian Toy - inspired" from the first Sacrament album.

Have you seen Brian has been posting some ideas on FB and Youtube? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc60Z5OmMWtsjjcFSfZv5Hg

TOATestimony
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:28 am

TOATestimony wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Brian Toy needs to join one of the bands. His rhythm playing is intense! 

Come out of metal retirement Brian! At least make a guest appearance on a song or two.

I think you will find some some intense picking on many of the songs, especially on those that weren't yet released.  Some picking was certainly "Brian Toy - inspired" from the first Sacrament album.

Have you seen Brian has been posting some ideas on FB and Youtube? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc60Z5OmMWtsjjcFSfZv5Hg

Thanks for the heads up! From what I’ve heard so far I know you are great too. I wasn’t questioning your ability to play fast… I was actually leaning more toward him reuniting with Mike D for the other band. But it’s a good idea to leave all options open. 😀

I don’t use Facebook but thanks for the info.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and TOATestimony like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:00 pm

Just saw Brian’s ideas on YouTube.

I think he’s on to something with his metal keyboards. I always loved the intro to Metallica’s Orion. I could enjoy a whole song or two of something like that if it was done right. This song has a Alan Parsons Project feel. The late Jon Lord also had some great heavy sounds in Deep Purple.

Here’s a more familiar style. His vigorous down-picking is the key to his heaviness. Hetfield style.

Is he holding the pick sideways with the narrow end forward? I do that sometimes. It has a faster attack than holding a pick the traditional way.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TOATestimony Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:53 pm

TZ75 wrote:
TOATestimony wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! From what I’ve heard so far I know you are great too. I wasn’t questioning your ability to play fast… I was actually leaning more toward him reuniting with Mike D for the other band. But it’s a good idea to leave all options open. 😀

No worries.  I didn't take it that way.  We are all in this for the same reason!  We stay in touch with Brian and the other guys.  Excited to release some new music and return of other musicians releasing new material.  Metal 2

TOATestimony
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:53 pm

BaleMaster wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
average joe wrote:“We decided to split into two projects as we had differing opinions on the direction of the music. Paul and Mike Torone teamed up with guitarist Nick Pacitti to do a project Testimony of Apocalypse. Mike DiDonato and I are teaming up with Believer drummer Joe Daub to do a thrash project called Mortal. We are taking our time writing this project, so it will probably not be released until next year at the earliest. We really like the direction of the music. We have one song written bass, drums, and guitar, and about 5 more in the works currently. We're hoping it will be our best album to date. We haven't landed on a vocalist yet but are kicking around a few names. We will eventually do a website when we start to get a bit closer to a single release.” - Erik Ney

Finally an update on the other Sacrament spin-off: “Mortal” (although I’m not sure it was a good idea using that name since there was already an established Christian band that was called that).

The way I see it, sometimes splitting up is a blessing. That’s how Megadeth was born with Dave Mustaine’s departure. Or Guy Ritter and Gary Lenaire doing their post Tourniquet projects.
The whole Mortal thing shouldn't be that big of a thing anymore,  since the 90s industrial act goes by MorZan these days.

Well in that case… 
I thought some people might think the industrial band has returned. But I guess the real fans know they changed their name.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:55 pm

TOATestimony wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
TOATestimony wrote:

No worries.  I didn't take it that way.  We are all in this for the same reason!  We stay in touch with Brian and the other guys.  Excited to release some new music and return of other musicians releasing new material.  Metal 2

I’m glad you are all on good terms. You’re right!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and TOATestimony like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:46 pm

Anyone listened to the new ToA yet? Thoughts?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:50 pm

Black Rider wrote:Anyone listened to the new ToA yet? Thoughts?
Some of it has riffs that remind me of old Sacrament, but it’s far less speedy overall. There are good riffs and then there are some tunes that didn’t grab me. The lyrics are straightforward, which I greatly appreciate. Mike T. sounds beastly. It’s a good listen and there are some killer tracks. There is a good amount of potential here and I’m looking forward to seeing where they go next.

Last edited by Pethead on Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:55 pm

I'd give it a C plus, feels like some of it needed more work but I also wonder if they had a limited budget?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:55 pm

Love their obviously heart for the Lord!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:56 pm

Black Rider wrote:I'd give it a C plus, feels like some of it needed more work but I also wonder if they had a limited budget?
I think that’s a fair rating. And I wondered that, myself. There’s a lot of cool ideas on display, though.

Last edited by Pethead on Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:16 pm

But I do want to stress how good it is to hear from these guys again, still praising Jesus! And Mike T. sounds better than he did back in the day. I’m excited to see what the future holds for them.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:27 pm

Going back to Unleashed again, it sounds tighter to me. I think I hear the rhythm they were going for. It’s definitely got a cool riff. So I want to retract my statements about them sounding out of sync. I just needed to take a closer listen.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:34 pm

Yeah, I'm not bagging on it, something just feels odd here and there. I should probably hold off rating it for a few more listens.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:45 pm

The guitar playing is a lot more progressive than the old Sacrament band. A lot of sudden changes! That is the part that will take some getting used to.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:44 am

Listening again and it's the drums, there's a bit of a clicking sound and they seem a little muddy. I like the guitars being more progressive.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:53 am

for me this is a contender for AoTY, but thats just me.

Im 4 listens in and it gets better and better, and this iscoming from  a guy who likes Haunts way better them Testimony (back int he Sacrament days)
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, 1620, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:01 am

I wanna give props to the band for only putting 10 songs on the album. That way it holds my attention for the entire album.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:02 am

mothy wrote:for me this is a contender for AoTY, but thats just me.

Im 4 listens in and it gets better and better, and this iscoming from  a guy who likes Haunts way better them Testimony (back int he Sacrament days)
I prefer Haunts, as well, but I think Mike Torone sounds better here than he did back in the day. His vocals are strong on this thing.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:04 am

Pethead wrote:
mothy wrote:for me this is a contender for AoTY, but thats just me.

I prefer Haunts, as well, but I think Mike Torone sounds better here than he did back in the day. His vocals are strong on this thing.
Oh yeah Torone kills it, to me they stayed cloer to their roots with this release than Detritus did but both took that next progression in what they wanted to do with their music, and both releases get better the more you listen and embrace what they are trying to do with them.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:06 pm

So after this last listen I hear alot of late Forbidden influences ie Distortion, Omega Wave etc  era which I love.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:34 pm

mothy wrote:So after this last listen I hear alot of late Forbidden influences ie Distortion, Omega Wave etc  era which I love.
I didn’t think about it, but I can hear that too. Personally, I love Omega Wave. 

Methinks I need more time with ToA.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 1620 Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:53 pm

I'm only once listen through, but I've enjoyed it immensely. I enjoy the music, obviously thrashtastic, but the lyrics really surprised me by how straightforwardly Christian they were. Major old fogey plus points. I'm looking forward to future listens.

mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Pethead, mothy and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next