The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacrament News + a new band arise...

+16
PGDrummer
Drawnsword
Pethead
Dustofyears
Christian metal Horde
average joe
bodachi
stevegarveyfan
Son of Nun
Constantine
Kerrick
Black Rider
TZ75
mothy
Temple of Blood
Lex Metalis
20 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Sacrament News + a new band arise... - Page 8 Empty Re: Sacrament News + a new band arise...

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:24 pm

Interested to hear Greg, lots of names I don't know.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sacrament News + a new band arise... - Page 8 Empty Re: Sacrament News + a new band arise...

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:34 am

average joe wrote:“These are the singers that will be heard on the next Testimony of Apocalypse album.”

Darren Johnson
Greg Minier
Jonathan Johnson
Brian Lyda
Corey Weaver
Derek Corzine
Juan Marrero
Ville Herranen

There may be a possibility of one more. We shall see.”

This one more is a friend of mine here in Brazil, he's called Anderson Lima

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TOATestimony likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TOATestimony Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:59 pm

Hey all -   just wanted to drop my response in here as well.  Basically just answering a few questions I saw in other threads.  I love that you all can discuss what you want freely in a space like this.  Don't want to "cramp the style" ...like "oh shoot, the band members are reading this"  Laughing   Hopefully this clears up any confusion about what is going on with the upcoming album.

Just to address a few of the questions I've seen:

In efforts to provide the most brutal (and meaningful) album, we starting working with a few different singers to see who/what might work out.  After hearing just a few of the ideas (which were all amazing) we decided to do a multi-singer album.  This was not a "hired gun" situation.  The singers just wanted to help out to create something truly special.  When are you going to find an album with Darren Johnson, Greg Minier and then someone lesser known like Lex's friend, Anderson... all on the same album ???

Paul and I wrote all the music and arrangements.  All of the vocalists had full creative freedom to express how they wanted to perform in their given song(s) and wrote their own lyrics.  The guest musicians (some to be announced later) also were able to express their musical talents with full freedom. 

While Paul is the only original member from Sacrament - this band is not and never was supposed to be Sacrament.  Obviously the name comes from the first album and that was because Mike and Paul worked on that album together, and the only full length album featuring Mike as a vocalist. There was automatically going to be expectations to shake off some rust and bring back the Sacrament sound... which, at times, was present on the first album.  However, the expectations of Mike 1990 and Mike 2022 to sound the same would have been quite the feat!  Do we blame people for wanting a revival of Sacrament ... of course not.  Sacrament was awesome!  Incorporating more progressive styles while also keeping some old school death & thrash metal influences has been the result.

When Mike told us he was unable to record the 2nd album we all discussed the name and decided to keep it.  Why not?  Its a great name!  We weren't going to change the name for 1 album and then change back to TOA if Mike was able to return.

With Derek Corzine mixing (and playing bass) coupled with Rob Colwell (from Bombworks) mastering there is no doubt the production is going to be an upgrade as many of you have already heard on the singles.

Music evolves and we are thrilled to share the growth with everyone.   God Bless-  Nick (TOA)

TOATestimony
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Lex Metalis, Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:48 pm

TOATestimony wrote:Hey all -   just wanted to drop my response in here as well.  Basically just answering a few questions I saw in other threads.  I love that you all can discuss what you want freely in a space like this.  Don't want to "cramp the style" ...like "oh shoot, the band members are reading this"  Laughing   Hopefully this clears up any confusion about what is going on with the upcoming album.

Just to address a few of the questions I've seen:

In efforts to provide the most brutal (and meaningful) album, we starting working with a few different singers to see who/what might work out.  After hearing just a few of the ideas (which were all amazing) we decided to do a multi-singer album.  This was not a "hired gun" situation.  The singers just wanted to help out to create something truly special.  When are you going to find an album with Darren Johnson, Greg Minier and then someone lesser known like Lex's friend, Anderson... all on the same album ???

Paul and I wrote all the music and arrangements.  All of the vocalists had full creative freedom to express how they wanted to perform in their given song(s) and wrote their own lyrics.  The guest musicians (some to be announced later) also were able to express their musical talents with full freedom. 

While Paul is the only original member from Sacrament - this band is not and never was supposed to be Sacrament.  Obviously the name comes from the first album and that was because Mike and Paul worked on that album together, and the only full length album featuring Mike as a vocalist. There was automatically going to be expectations to shake off some rust and bring back the Sacrament sound... which, at times, was present on the first album.  However, the expectations of Mike 1990 and Mike 2022 to sound the same would have been quite the feat!  Do we blame people for wanting a revival of Sacrament ... of course not.  Sacrament was awesome!  Incorporating more progressive styles while also keeping some old school death & thrash metal influences has been the result.

When Mike told us he was unable to record the 2nd album we all discussed the name and decided to keep it.  Why not?  Its a great name!  We weren't going to change the name for 1 album and then change back to TOA if Mike was able to return.

With Derek Corzine mixing (and playing bass) coupled with Rob Colwell (from Bombworks) mastering there is no doubt the production is going to be an upgrade as many of you have already heard on the singles.

Music evolves and we are thrilled to share the growth with everyone.   God Bless-  Nick (TOA)

Great in seecyou here again and very glad in know that you like the job of my friend enough to put him on the álbum. He deserve a lot!
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:07 pm

I appreciate the reply from an actual member of the band. It keeps the guessing and misunderstandings to a minimum. 

But I do wonder if they will continue to use the multi singer situation or eventually return to having an official singer again. 

As we don’t know the reason Mike said he couldn’t record the second album… I hope he is doing okay. Private matters usual stay private. That said, maybe there’s a chance he’ll return again with a renewed voice that blows people away!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:13 pm

I also like the idea of guys like Greg Minier and Darren Johnson participating on this album. They both were in bands I liked a lot as a teenager. I’m assuming they both will do vocals on their respective songs. But will they also play their guitar and bass? Especially Greg! He is obviously known for his guitar skills.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:24 pm

I wonder if Ted Kirkpatrick’s “Tourniquet Ark” album inspired the idea for TOA to use multiple vocalists?
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8