The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

+31
Ammocas
Andreas89
Pethead
Raegoul
MagnusPrime
Dustofyears
Sevenoneself
Sophia Valentine
scottmitchell74
ChosenNightwolf
deathisgain
Staybrite
Livna
HenrikB
Contrarian Deist
Guenther321
ThomasEversole
Hidgxx
MikeInFla
Constantine
oldschooldoom
CrimsonWarrior
Grindboy
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
Deepfriar
Black Rider
WildWorld
Kerrick
eatbugs
35 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns? - Page 4 Empty Re: Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:14 pm

Season 3 on Netflix just arrived of

Lost in Space (2018–2021)

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns? - Page 4 Empty Re: Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

Post by Staybrite Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:32 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Thank God we are no longer "locked down", well at least not like before. Hope we never experience that again!

But in my idleness, I stumbled upon a very interesting series called SEE. It never hurts to have stars Jason Mamoa and Dave Bautista in a most unique post-apocalyptic future. 99% of the survivors of a virus destroyed world end up blind, the 1% sighted are hunted down as witches. I love the redeeming ending of season 2 despite the occasional: language, gayness and intense gore.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7949218/?ref_=tt_mv_close

That sounds like my kind of show (the post-apocalyptic witch hunt part....not the obligatory gayness thing).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:26 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Season 3 on Netflix just arrived of

Lost in Space  (2018–2021)  

Currently watching this. One more episode to go!
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by ChosenNightwolf Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:01 am

I binge watched all three seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender on Netflix a few weeks ago. I'm also currently going through the Hobbit film series again (finished the first two and will be starting the third film soon). I'm a huge Hobbit and Lord of The Rings fan.
ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.aflameinthedark.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:50 am

Superman & Lois
The Flash
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 am

Just finished S1 of AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS. I don't see how there can be a S2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9174578/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:44 pm

Finally, just finished The Witcher S2. I will not watch if there is a S3. I am not a fan of fantasy or dark magic. But Henry Cavill is great!!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:28 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Finally, just finished The Witcher S2. I will not watch if there is a S3. I am not a fan of fantasy or dark magic. But Henry Cavill is great!!

I am just about done re-watching season 1 right now and then will watch season 2.  I like the series (even if it is a little dark).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:21 am

My wife is home sick so on Prime I saw that they have Sanford and Son...and we took the dive. 8 episodes in:

Wow!!! I hadn't seen this since I was a kid. Oh, man, it's so funny and Redd Foxx is an absolute genius. I couldn't believe he's only 49 during the first season!

I saw a review describing Lamont as "long-suffering." So true.

Seeing it through adult eyes gives me a whole new appreciation. It's also reminding me of Seinfeld in this regard: so many future stars of other movies or shows keep popping up in episodes. It was such a great showcase for underserved black and Hispanic actors of the 70s.

Also refreshing is how certain topics are handled head-on instead of being tiptoed around or ignored outright.

A. Ester and Grady haven't showed up yet, and I eagerly anticipate that. I have great, now 40+ year old memories of their interactions with Fred.

I remember as a kid thinking how cool Lamont was with his 70s clothes, hair, mustache and his ladies. He still holds up pretty well, although now I can see how at times he was bumbling and or thwarted by Fred.

Best part is I haven't heard my wife laugh out loud at a sitcom like this in years

Also has to be a top-3 theme song. Quincy Jones. Great use of harmonica, bass and organ.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Staybrite, oldschooldoom and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Valentine Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:29 am

Yes--Married With Children, The Nanny, Mama's Family, Heartland
Sophia Valentine
Sophia Valentine
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:00 am

I bought some Law & Order DVD's and am watching episodes of that. Most are great but a few have been dull.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:34 am

I finished "As We See It" on Amazon.  It is a story of three autistic adults living together in an apartment and their caretaker.  All of them are striving to find themselves in this world and trying to find a normal life.  Working with special needs kids made me fall in love with the characters quickly.  The language is rough, but real.  Besides that, it is a well written show.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:38 am

Stargirl.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Valentine Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:55 pm

I have also been binging on Dr. Phil, Botched, Dr. Pimple Popper
Sophia Valentine
Sophia Valentine
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:32 am

Pimpleholic here! Sandra is the bomb!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:23 pm

My wife and I both enjoy Dr Sandra Pimple Popper as well.  Gross, but fascinating show.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:26 pm

Just finished S1, now starting S2 of
Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5057054/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:53 pm

Every since Betty White died, we have been watching The Golden Girls after dinner.
We just finished the 7 year series.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088526/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:26 am

oldschooldoom wrote:Every since Betty White died, we have been watching The Golden Girls after dinner.
If you have Hulu, there was a one season sequel series called The Golden Palace that had Rose, Blanche, and Sophia working at a Hotel.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:34 am

WildWorld wrote:
oldschooldoom wrote:Every since Betty White died, we have been watching The Golden Girls after dinner.
If you have Hulu, there was a one season sequel series called The Golden Palace that had Rose, Blanche, and Sophia working at a Hotel.
Haha, I am on episode 3 of Golden Palace now  Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns? - Page 4 1f605
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:54 am

So I started watching The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+.  I am two episodes in.  Does it get any better?  This is absolutely, mind-meltingly dull.

Someone should change the name of this thread and take out the part of the lockdowns.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:37 pm

Space Force season 2 on Netflix

Just 7 episodes. Season 1 had 10 episodes.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:57 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Space Force season 2 on Netflix

Just 7 episodes. Season 1 had 10 episodes.

I need to watch season 2....I still want to know how General Naird's wife ended up in prison (somehow I don't think we will find out).  Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ChosenNightwolf Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:24 am

Just binged the last two seasons of Star Trek: Discovery. Currently watching Halo (first two episodes of season one) and am halfway through season two of Star Trek: Picard. Looking forward to the second half of season one of Star Trek: Prodigy as well.
ChosenNightwolf
ChosenNightwolf
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.aflameinthedark.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:08 pm

ChosenNightwolf wrote:Just binged the last two seasons of Star Trek: Discovery. Currently watching Halo (first two episodes of season one) and am halfway through season two of Star Trek: Picard. Looking forward to the second half of season one of Star Trek: Prodigy as well.
What do you think of Halo so far?  I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm still very curious...

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next