The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

+31
Ammocas
Andreas89
Pethead
Raegoul
MagnusPrime
Dustofyears
Sevenoneself
Sophia Valentine
scottmitchell74
ChosenNightwolf
deathisgain
Staybrite
Livna
HenrikB
Contrarian Deist
Guenther321
ThomasEversole
Hidgxx
MikeInFla
Constantine
oldschooldoom
CrimsonWarrior
Grindboy
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
Deepfriar
Black Rider
WildWorld
Kerrick
eatbugs
35 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns? - Page 9 Empty Re: Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:26 am

^
wow, never heard of any of those
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns? - Page 9 Empty Re: Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:32 am

I’ll try to post my top 10 later
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:09 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:Just finished the series finale of

Magnum P.I.

I'm a bit sad that it only went 96 episodes (2018-2024)
I love both the new and old series 158 episodes (1980-1988)
I’m gonna stay in and binge the rest of the final season (I’m about 4 episodes in)since it’s really bad weather outside. Sad to see that it’s not continuing.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:16 pm

My top 10 TNG (in chronological order):

The Measure of a Man
Q Who?
The Defector 
The Best of Both Worlds 1&2
Night Terrors
Disaster
Cause and Effect
Schisms
Chain of Command 1&2
Starship Mine
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:51 pm

10. The Nth Degree - Love me some Mad Dog Murdock
9. Conspiracy - Only here for the gore scene, which is the greatest gore scene in tv history and has become a meme.  I don't know how this got past the censors...
8. Where No One Has Gone Before - Goofy actor who plays the Traveler has a mesmerizing voice
7. Who Watches the Watchers
6. Schisms - Great mystery episode
5. The Best of Both Worlds
4. Elementary Dear Data
3. Q Who
2. Descent 1 & 2
1. A Matter of Time - Max Headroom plays a brilliant time traveler or is he???

Honorable mention worst episodes: All featuring Gene Rodenberry's wife and most shows where wesley crusher is the main feature like Justice *cringe*.

oldschooldoom wrote:^
wow, never heard of any of those

"Q Who" is foundational to understanding the series featuring two of the most fearsome enemies:  Q and the Borg.  It's actually the introduction of the Borg.  "Best of Both Worlds" and "Descent" are two of the most famous 2-part episodes.  The others are mostly one-offs that are just personal preferences that fit my quirks.

I never really cared for all the Worf Klingon-heirarchy and ritual stuff.  Just kinda trudged through 'em.  Tribalism-style stuff really doesn't interest me.  The ancient Klingon leader that turned out to be clone was pretty interesting though.

Last edited by Superjuice on Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:01 pm

I like the Klingon episodes usually, at least the early ones.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:08 pm

For kicks and giggles, here’s my top 10 TOS, also in chronological order:

Where No Man Has Gone Before
The Corbomite Maneuver
Balance of Terror
Space Seed
The Devil in the Dark
Amok Time
The Doomsday Machine
The Trouble with Tribbles
The Ultimate Computer
The Enterprise Incident
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:54 pm

Pethead wrote:For kicks and giggles, here’s my top 10 TOS, also in chronological order:

Where No Man Has Gone Before
The Corbomite Maneuver
Balance of Terror
Space Seed
The Devil in the Dark
Amok Time
The Doomsday Machine
The Trouble with Tribbles
The Ultimate Computer
The Enterprise Incident
Laughing Out Freaking Loud, I just realized y'all are naming off episodes of Star Trek and not newish TV series  Rolling Eyes
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice, Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:02 am

The Original Series:

10. The Alternative Factor
9. The City On the Edge of Forever
8. The Tholian Web
7. Galileo Seven
6. The Doomsday Machine
5. The Carbomite Maneuver
4. Balance of Terror
3. Amok Time
2. The Menagerie 1 & 2
1. Assignment: Earth

Last edited by Superjuice on Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:06 am

The Tholian Web and The Menagerie almost made my list.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:17 pm

Superjuice wrote:The Original Series:

10. The Alternative Factor - There's many episodes better than this , but its a favorite because of the atmosphere and vibe.  The abstract concept adds to the depth of the experience.
9. The City On the Edge of Forever - This is The Inner Light of the TOS.  A romance involving the captain in an alternate timeline, only better...
8. The Tholian Web - Gotta have at least one from season 3.  Another intensity episode good for commercial breaks.
7. Galileo Seven - A lot a' drama going on here and they really come down hard on Spock. Vulcanism really gets challenged here.
6. The Doomsday Machine - I tended to list the intense 'edge of your seat' episodes cuz that's what separates it from TNG.
5. The Carbomite Maneuver - The ultimate commercial break episode; cliffhanger after cliffhanger then we meet Clint.
4. Balance of Terror - It's like one of those submarine movies where two subs are firing on each other to see who goes down first to sink to the bottom of the sea (space).
3. Amok Time - An episode so great they re-created the fight scene in a movie (Cable Guy).
2. The Menagerie 1 & 2 - A twist that rivals any Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock movie.  I love how Spock has to play coy the whole time to protect Captain Pike.
1. Assignment: Earth - This has that kitschy 60's superspy vibe like those ultra cheese movies like Danger: Diabolik or Modesty Blaise.  Turns out Gary Seven is no spy, but becomes one of Kirk's most challenging foes.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:38 pm

Tier 6: Really Good
10. The Menagerie Part 2. (The Cage was great, so I also love the scenes from it, plus I love the happy ending with Pike and how they cleverly used the clips from the original for it)
9. All Our Yesterdays. (Aside from the interesting concept, the ending might be the biggest gut punch in the series aside from CotEoF and TSoP)
8. The Devil in the Dark. (I love the atmosphere of the whole episode; the Horta was an interesting concept; overall, it was just a cool episode)
7. This Side of Paradise. (It's great seeing Spock getting to be happy and then the ending line... also such a great score)
6. Day of the Dove. (Doesn't deserve to be this high, but it's got a bunch of sword fighting)
5. Amok Time. (Great character development for Spock, and probably the series' best fight)
Tier 7: Very Good
4. A Taste of Armageddon. (Kirk has to play the bad guy in order to save two whole planets; it is a very interesting episode, along with some good action)
3. The City on the Edge of Forever. (There are some big plot holes/conveniences that keep it from number 1, but it's great seeing the characters in the time period, some great humor, love the moral dilemma, and, of course, the ending is great)
2. Return to Tomorrow. (It's very interesting seeing a villain using Spock's body, Spock and Kirk both die, and the way they get them out of that was very clever, and some very emotional moments between Sargon and Thalassa with a great score)
1. Mirror, Mirror. (Great concept, great action. The whole plot setup is very plot-convenient, but for some reason, it doesn't bother me as much as the conveniences in City. Such a fun episode.)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:54 pm

StevenCressler wrote:Though... which show has The Inner Light on it?

Pethead wrote:That’s not even a top 10 TNG episode.

He actually has a point that can be "proven" with statistics:

It is actually the highest rated episode on IMDB (to my shock) and, I mean, out of ALL the Star Treks...

My theory:

The wives and girlfriends of Trekkies and Trekkers voted it a 10 because it's the one they like or tolerate the most.

The second highest one is City On the Edge of Forever... coincidence?  I think not.  This one has the same romantic story angle as The Inner Light.

me: it's a great episode, but THE GREATEST?  Picard ends up living an entire life-time inside a glass shard or w/e.  Big deal.  There's no space duels, laser fights, klingon combat, enterprise drama, no aliens, no androids, no superior beings threat.  It's barely a ST episode.  It can't be the best.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:56 pm

It’s a good episode for sure, but hardly peak Trek.

I remember years ago on one Trek site the highest voted episode of all the series was DS9’s “In the Pale Moonlight”—an episode I prefer over both TIL and CotEoF.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:56 pm

Superjuice wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:Though... which show has The Inner Light on it?

Pethead wrote:That’s not even a top 10 TNG episode.

He actually has a point that can be "proven" with statistics:

It is actually the highest rated episode on IMDB (to my shock) and, I mean, out of ALL the Star Treks...

My theory:

The wives and girlfriends of Trekkies and Trekkers voted it a 10 because it's the one they like or tolerate the most.

The second highest one is City On the Edge of Forever... coincidence?  I think not.  This one has the same romantic story angle as The Inner Light.

me: it's a great episode, but THE GREATEST?  Picard ends up living an entire life-time inside a glass shard or w/e.  Big deal.  There's no space duels, laser fights, klingon combat, enterprise drama, no aliens, no androids, no superior beings threat.  It's barely a ST episode.  It can't be the best.
Trust me, I'm very biased toward episodes with big action scenes. But The Inner Light hits hard enough that it beats most episodes with big action scenes.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:34 pm

Season 1 of Echo
The latest from Marvel
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13966962/?ref_=ttep_ov
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:21 pm

I finished season three of Star Trek: Discovery, all of Halo, and today binged Echo.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:15 am

Reacher season 2

There will be a season 3 !!!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:13 am

Currently watching TNG Season 2 Episode 14, "The Icarus Factor"
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:49 am

Now on Episode 20, "The Emissary"
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:03 am

Last night we binged ECHO, I thought it was good.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:03 am

Just started the Wheel of Time series.  Okay, I read the first two books in the early nineties, so it's very foggy in my mind, but I don't remember every diversity quota being filled by actors for all the characters. Very distracting for a fantasy.  Also, I don't think the violence was so over-the-top.  Peter Jackson and Game of Thrones have somewhat tarnished fantasy films from now on due to the hyper-violence.  Pete was a horror film director before, directing some of the goriest films of all-time, and transferred that unnecessarily in LOTR.  Yeah, I know it's war, but it was glorified violence.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:09 am

I just stated Babylon 5.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:45 am

Got to episode 6 in the adaptation of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and it has completely jumped the shark.  I don't recall reading anything about alternative lifestyles in the books, and, of course, Amazon Studios and who's ever in charge, decides to throw in a forced love relationship between two major female characters that was just a friendship in the books. 

Just stick to the books people.  This wokeness is outta control.

Read a few fan reviews and, I was right, the diversity is completely forced, unnecessary, and actually ruins Rand's character quite a bit.  I don't know how anyone who was in charge of Robert Jordan's estate would sell off the rights to have his work so tarnished by a political agenda, but they didn't use enough legalese to ensure to have a proper telling of the biggest fantasy series since LOTR.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:27 am

We're binging Father Brown and Death in Paradise right now. And I'm making my way through Bones.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next