The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

+31
Ammocas
Andreas89
Pethead
Raegoul
MagnusPrime
Dustofyears
Sevenoneself
Sophia Valentine
scottmitchell74
ChosenNightwolf
deathisgain
Staybrite
Livna
HenrikB
Contrarian Deist
Guenther321
ThomasEversole
Hidgxx
MikeInFla
Constantine
oldschooldoom
CrimsonWarrior
Grindboy
alldatndensum
BaleMaster
Deepfriar
Black Rider
WildWorld
Kerrick
eatbugs
35 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns? Empty Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2020 12:34 pm

I am still working everyday (essential employee at an essential business), but with the stay at home order in effect since March and everything closed, plus my son in Texas until June, I have had plenty of time to catch up on some shows/movies that I bought and never watched.

Thus far...

I watched the entire Season 12 of MST3K on bluray

I watched all of the Kraken Releasing Godzilla blu rays

I watched all of sseason 1 (the only season they did) of Police Squad!

I watched all 6 seasons of Becker on dvd (loved this show)

I'm currently working on two series I own on Vudu.
George Lopez and I am on season 4 out of 6.
Parks and Recreation, and I am on season 3 out of 7

How about you guys?

Back to top Go down

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns? Empty Re: Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

Post by eatbugs Thu May 14, 2020 1:22 pm

It's not binge watching, but my kids and I are slowly (about an episode a day) working our way through the Fraggle Rock series.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns? Empty Re: Have you binge watched any TV series / movie series during the lockdowns?

Post by Kerrick Thu May 14, 2020 1:42 pm

Nope.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu May 14, 2020 3:30 pm

I finished the Mandalorian, but I started that before the lockdown.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 14, 2020 6:50 pm

We watched, The Crown but I'm still working so it wasn't binge watching.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Fri May 15, 2020 1:31 am

I'm casually trying to finish Gotham here and there (I never finished watching it when it was originally airing). I'm almost halfway through season 4 I think? Quality of the show is diminishing and has been since season 3 I think... unfortunate. Seasons 1 and 2 were great.

I binged all 4 seasons of The Expanse on Amazon Prime and WOW what an amazing sci-fi show... one of the best I've ever seen. It has also inspired me to do something I've always meant to do but never gotten around to... watch the only season of Firefly. I have never watched it in its entirety.

I'm also in the process of watching some old 80's fantasy/sci-fi movies... stuff like The Last Starfighter, Krull, Clash of the Titans, etc... some of these I have not seen since I was much younger.

I also re-watched all of the Underworld movies (including the last 2 I had not seen before which were also the worst of the series).

I re-watched Terminator Salvation and it wasn't as bad as I remember it being. The Sonic The Hedgehog movie was pretty fun. I've watched a lot of random stuff too. We have a baby in the household (my daughter was born in July of last year) so we mostly stay home and there is lots of time for watching TV albeit with subtitles on otherwise I'd be lucky to catch every other line between my daughter's play noises and random yelling LOL.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri May 15, 2020 5:49 am

I rewatched Psych seasons 5-8.  Other than that, a few episodes of Night Gallery and an occasional NFL condensed game on YouTube.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 am

BaleMaster wrote:I rewatched Psych seasons 5-8.  Other than that, a few episodes of Night Gallery and an occasional NFL condensed game on YouTube.

I love Psych, it's one of my favorite shows ever. That, Monk and Becker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2020 11:07 am

I should clarify that my definition of binge watching is simply just watching 4-6 episodes every day of the same thing...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri May 15, 2020 11:19 am

I watched that show from the beginning.  The first couple of seasons were pretty good, but could they have gotten someone any whinier than the kid that played Bruce Wayne?

After the third season, the show went downhill fast.  There was all these resurrection stories where characters died and then get reanimated.  It started off with the villains being believable but gets to the point that they are all caricatures of what we knew them to be.

I binged The Expanse and loved it!  It was dark and gritty.  It was nothing like Star Trek.  In ST, they almost try to paint the future as some sort of technological and ethical utopia but never really seem to grasp what they dreamed of.  With The Expanse, we have made it to the planets of our own system and took all of our problems as humans with us.

I liked the show so much that I bought the book series that it is based on.  Now, I am slowly rewatching the series as I read the first four novels as those correspond with the first four seasons.  If you try to do this, though, be aware that there are quite a few changes from the books to the show with added characters and characters that are used later in the novels brought in early with more backstory that is just never there in the novels.  They put the crew through a few things that just didn't happen in the books as well.  I still like the show, but I am catching myself more and more saying that this didn't happen or it didn't happen like that.

Why can't film companies take a novel and keep it feeling almost completely like the books?  The Harry Potter series should be the standard for that!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri May 15, 2020 1:15 pm

I I think Psych is truly remarkable.  My wife, 18 year old son, and I all have different tastes, but we all agree Psych is our singular favorite show.  Pretty incredible!  Of course there are tons of shows that we’ve never seen, but still pretty amazing.

My wife and I are now (not binge, but whatever) watching The Mentalist.  It’s ok.  Pretty average, I guess.

We are even further from “binge” as a family because of 18 year old dynamics, but as a family we’re watching Parks and Rec, which is really pretty funny.  Far funnier than The Office IMO.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Fri May 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Psych is my favorite too! Been watching that with the family (since before the pandemic but also now). I started watching the original Star Trek series as well and am enjoying that.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Grindboy wrote: but as a family we’re watching Parks and Rec, which is really pretty funny.  

Love Parks and Rec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Another Psych movie is coming out this year also..

Psych 2

https://tvline.com/2020/04/15/psych-2-movie-teaser-trailer-lassie-come-home/

It looks like this movie is doing the same thing as the first Psych movie and creating a way for Lassiter (Timothy Omundson) to still be in it despite the actor's major stroke and he limitations from it. Bravo for them

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri May 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Hopefully a second Psych movie is chance for redemption for the first one!  For as great as the show was, wow was that movie a dud, IMO.  I’m sure we’ll give this next one a watch, either way.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Grindboy wrote: but as a family we’re watching Parks and Rec, which is really pretty funny.  

Love Parks and Rec
Did you see the recent "reunion" episode (though to be fair, it might be better to finish the series first to get some of the jokes)?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2020 3:03 pm

WildWorld wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

Love Parks and Rec
Did you see the recent "reunion" episode (though to be fair, it might be better to finish the series first to get some of the jokes)?

No, I missed it. Once it comes to Vudu for purchase I will snag. Was it good?

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Sat May 16, 2020 12:09 am

@alldatndensum yeah the Bruce Wayne character is definitely one of the weakest ones as the series progressed... I could understand at the very beginning since 
SPOILER:
but he has taken 4+ seasons to BEGIN to 'toughen up'?

I definitely agree w/you on why The Expanse is so enjoyable... none of the social aspects are sugar coated and the political drama is very believable. They've gone to great lengths to make the 'science' as accurate as possible also which is awesome.

I've heard that the 2004 Battlestar Galactica is the only other sci-fi drama that comes close... I may have to check it out next. Have you seen it & would you recommend it?
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat May 16, 2020 12:13 am

On a lighter note, I'm also binging the 1979 Spider-Woman cartoon. It's ridiculously corny, and the depictions of the villains are laughable (especially Dormammu), and the leaps of logic they go through are insane, but it's enjoyably bad.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat May 30, 2020 9:44 am

Picard
MAGNUM P.I.
Mandalorian
Hawaii Five-0
MacGyver
God Friended Me
Batwoman
The Rookie
Emergence
Supergirl
Flash
Manifest
Prodigal Son
New Amsterdam
Seal Team
Westworld
The Good Doctor
Lost in Space
911 Lone Star
WHEW!!!!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 am

I am slowly working my way back through The Expanse as I read the coinciding novels.

Also, I am working my way through the 2004 remake series of Battlestar Galactica.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun May 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Can't wait for Psych 2 to drop on the Peacock next month! What?! Wait for iiiiiiit....
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun May 31, 2020 3:05 pm

I thought I would binge-watch something on Amazon Prime but haven't really had the time or head-space for it.  
Maybe during the next pandemic....Smile
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by 1620 Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:42 am

I started "the Chosen," which is a drama based on the lives of the 12 disciples. A few episodes in, it's been really good. It's only available through the app or via VidAngel. I think it's free now due to the virus but may revert to being for purchase soon.

mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:54 am

Just starting SPACE FORCE. It's a shame that NetFlix feels a need to include needless language Shocked
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next