The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about some users who disappeared

+33
Soldier777
Metal Blaze
exo
sentient 6
guilty/forgiven
Samson
Deepfriar
Pro-Zak
Blake
bjorn agin
SirJahzeal
bassdude
metaldude
Andreas89
*static*
Metal15
Driven
oldschooldoom
ThomasEversole
messiaen77
elManique
Staybrite
FreeRangeBeliever
New Creation
eatbugs
alldatndensum
HeavyLighter
deathisgain
Kerrick
WildWorld
Hardcore Christian
Black Rider
MikeInFla
37 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Thinking about some users who disappeared - Page 4 Empty Re: Thinking about some users who disappeared

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 am

Ha! Have never known about the letter! Good to see you Static.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Thinking about some users who disappeared - Page 4 Empty Re: Thinking about some users who disappeared

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:48 am

I have my profile set to receive newsletters and I got nothing.  I even checked my spam folder.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:17 pm

I got the news letter. Did any admins know about it or have a hand in it?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 pm

deathisgain wrote:I got the news letter. Did any admins know about it or have a hand in it?

Nope, at least I didn't anyways!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:13 pm

^^ Speaking of users who disappeared...
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Okay. I think I found the culprit. It looks like Forumotion implemented a "Popular Contents" email function. If you have it checked in your profile, you will get the email.

http://help.forumotion.com/t155037-new-newsletters-popular-contents

Thinking about some users who disappeared - Page 4 Screen10

That image looks bad. Under "Preferences" is says "Allow newsletters "Popular contents" :"
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:02 am

metaldude wrote:^^ Speaking of users who disappeared...

Cool  I've been traveling in Europe and have had limited time on the computer.  But we're on our way back now, so I should be around a little more regularly.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 am

Well, life has finally calmed down a bit...which means, unfortunately for you guys, that I'll be back around here on the board more often.

I had some super craziness at work, ended up doing 3 people's work for a couple of years, no time for social media.
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJahzeal Fri May 04, 2018 3:05 am

My daughter was in the hospital for eight months in 2017 and we were told that she would not make it on three separate occasions.  During that time period, I stepped away from everything to focus on her and my two sons.  This was apart from my own moderate to severe health problems.

I slowly started to take on my duties back in November 2017 with Roxx Productions/Christian Metal Distro (Website), Youth Pastor (Awana and Sunday School) and Reanimated Radio (Co-Owner/Manager).

I also started live game streaming on Twitch in 2017 at https://www.twitch.tv/sirjahzeal as "SirJahzeal".  If you are interested, I live stream Sun/Mon/Tue/Thu 6-10pm Pacific each week.  I mostly play World of Warcraft and feature Christian Hard Rock and Metal music.  The live stream is positive, family friendly and encouraging.  I have live conversations with people in the chat during the streams, too!  I invite you to come check it out sometime!

I am still on the fence about bringing back "The Master's Metal".  It had an awesome response from 2009-2016, but, the 2017 episodes didn't do as well.  I kind of figured people don't listen to music podcasts as much anymore due to Spotify and whatnot.  I do miss doing the show.
SirJahzeal
SirJahzeal
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.twitch.tv/SirJahzeal

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri May 04, 2018 5:03 am

I enjoyed the podcast you did and still listen to quite a few. I like them better than streaming because there is interaction between songs and interesting tidbits. But I'll admit I haven't listened to a music podcast in a while, mostly listen to talk podcasts (unsolved mysteries type stuff or wrestling).

Hope your daughter is doing better, I know it is terrifying to have a child in the hospital with something majorly wrong.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sat May 05, 2018 7:19 am

I've only started getting back into CMR recently. Part of the reason is how I go online. I used to do everything via desktop PC. Now I'm mostly on my phone. The phone is good for stuff like Facebook, but not so much this place. (Yeah I know there's a mobile version of the site, but I never cared for it).

Here it is early Saturday morning, The family hasn't stirred yet. What a perfect time to jump on CMR and catch up! Very Happy
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 am

Garrison4JC wrote:I am still on the fence about bringing back "The Master's Metal".  It had an awesome response from 2009-2016, but, the 2017 episodes didn't do as well.  I kind of figured people don't listen to music podcasts as much anymore due to Spotify and whatnot.  I do miss doing the show.
I feel you on that. Metal Blessing Radio had a 10 year run and I had to just take a break this year because I've just found myself too busy. I guess I've stepped back and taken a more administrative role now. It does feel weird not doing a show.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:Candlemass will chime in (maybe once a month) at CHM, but he would much rather be back here at the CMR.  I don't think he intended to be the big trouble-maker he sometimes appeared to be. I think it was more just his misunderstood humor.  I think it would be nice if the staff here gave consideration to allowing him back at the CMR.

Well, there's always more to every story and for this one, it's between Candlemass and the mods here.  But know that he was given many, many warnings and opportunities to treat people more respectfully.  His humor just being misunderstood had nothing to do with it actually.  It was a decision the mods all discussed for a while and not done in a flippant or careless way.

This is true, fact is, I've been a complete ass-bag! Would like to apologize here publicly, and specifically to Kerrick, you in no way betrayed me. If you wish to ban me again since I came on here cloaked w/out permission, I understand.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:35 pm

^^^  I thought that was you!  I recognized your avatar.  I was never one of the offended but I welcome you back.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Good to see you back. Hugs of Christian fellowship to you.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Sabbatharian wrote:
Kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:Candlemass will chime in (maybe once a month) at CHM, but he would much rather be back here at the CMR.  I don't think he intended to be the big trouble-maker he sometimes appeared to be. I think it was more just his misunderstood humor.  I think it would be nice if the staff here gave consideration to allowing him back at the CMR.

Well, there's always more to every story and for this one, it's between Candlemass and the mods here.  But know that he was given many, many warnings and opportunities to treat people more respectfully.  His humor just being misunderstood had nothing to do with it actually.  It was a decision the mods all discussed for a while and not done in a flippant or careless way.

This is true, fact is, I've been a complete ass-bag! Would like to apologize here publicly, and specifically to Kerrick, you in no way betrayed me. If you wish to ban me again since I came on here cloaked w/out permission, I understand.

As for wither Candlemass/Sabbatharian would be a good fit here now, all I can say is this:  while he was banned from here, I kept him on at CHM as he hadn't done anything there.  We watched him for a while but he has become a rather cool bloke to have around.  As the Christian Hard Music administrator, I can say that I am glad to have him on board (pun intended) at my place.  He seems to truly have grown as an individual despite some major life upheavals and personal pain.  Mark is a good guy regardless of whether or not I always get his humor.  I doubt anyone gets all of mine, either.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:15 am

Awww I was mentioned on this thread! I love you I lurk around here a bit again. Thanks for thinking of me, guys.

I don't think anyone mentioned SavageAmusement but he is a good friend of mine. We have stayed in touch on FB & exchange Christmas gifts through the mail every year.

What about sentient6? Anyone still talk to him / know how he's doing?
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:13 am

Yeah, Savage Amusement (also uses Broken Tulsa on HOM forum). Havent heard from him in a while, used to email him from time to time. Hope he is well.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:50 am

Sabbatharian wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Thank you Mark, I appreciate that.  Apology accepted.  Smile  Exo and I have been aware of "Sabatharian's" identity for some time now and opted to make an exception and let it be.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Sabbatharian wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Thank you Mark, I appreciate that.  Apology accepted.  Smile  Exo and I have been aware of "Sabatharian's" identity for some time now and opted to make an exception and let it be.

That makes me happy.  Very Happy
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 pm

The reason some folks "don't get" my humor is because much of it has been caustic/abrasive, I was making fun of folks. The very thing that was done to me much of my life, especially growing up, I've done to others. To any who have been hurt by my words I am truly sorry, I covet your prayers that God would keep me from this, to consider others better than myself.  Sad
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:40 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Mark is a good guy regardless of whether or not I always get his humor.  I doubt anyone gets all of mine, either.
Wait, you make jokes? I read everything as being serious.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:53 pm

deathisgain wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Mark is a good guy regardless of whether or not I always get his humor.  I doubt anyone gets all of mine, either.
Wait, you make jokes? I read everything as being serious.

You not know me very well! Mwahahahaha!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:50 am

After looking at this thread it appears that Thomas Eversole has disappeared as well. Wonder how his health is doing? Good I hope!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:23 am

I slept last night.  Does this count as a disappearance???

lol!

I am more like that old country song  I'm always here at home 'til closing time.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next