The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about some users who disappeared

+33
Soldier777
Metal Blaze
exo
sentient 6
guilty/forgiven
Samson
Deepfriar
Pro-Zak
Blake
bjorn agin
SirJahzeal
bassdude
metaldude
Andreas89
*static*
Metal15
Driven
oldschooldoom
ThomasEversole
messiaen77
elManique
Staybrite
FreeRangeBeliever
New Creation
eatbugs
alldatndensum
HeavyLighter
deathisgain
Kerrick
WildWorld
Hardcore Christian
Black Rider
MikeInFla
37 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Thinking about some users who disappeared - Page 6 Empty Re: Thinking about some users who disappeared

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:
Invisible_existence wrote:I believe Gandalf the White was Gabriel Zolman. Gabriel Zolman is not with us anymore. I believe he committed suicide.

No!!!!  Sad

So he was the guy who was aka STIGMATADOR, ran the Vengeance Rising board back when...?
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Thinking about some users who disappeared - Page 6 Empty Re: Thinking about some users who disappeared

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Invisible_existence wrote:I believe Gandalf the White was Gabriel Zolman. Gabriel Zolman is not with us anymore. I believe he committed suicide.

I don't remember a Gabriel Zolman, but Gandalf The White is/was Ishmael81 aka Joshua.  He's still very much alive, just not posting here!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Kerrick wrote:

I don't remember a Gabriel Zolman, but Gandalf The White is/was Ishmael81 aka Joshua.  He's still very much alive, just not posting here!

Ok, thought they were different folks. Stiggy did not commit suicide, but OD'd, apparently not intentional. He used to post here as well on occasion, been quite some time ago.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:43 pm

I was thinking of Stig recently. I am the one who originally turned him on to this forum and the other ones. I was working at a radio station at the time and for some odd reason he contacted me asking if I knew where Roger was. I didn't but I pointed him the direction of the Vengeance message board that Doug and the other guys had leading up to the first show with Scott on vocals. Man, that's sad. As I said the other day I was wondering where he was.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:21 am

I miss the board from 10 years ago but things change and we got older. Is exo still around.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Black Rider wrote:I miss the board from 10 years ago but things change and we got older. Is exo still around.

Very hit or miss, but yeah.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:46 am

Black Rider wrote:I miss the board from 10 years ago but things change and we got older. Is exo still around.

I miss the people from 10 years ago, but I don't miss the old flame wars we had.  Those were brutal!  I like the more laid back atmosphere of today much better.  I wish some of those folks would come back but only if we could maintain more cooler heads like today.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I miss the people from 10 years ago, but I don't miss the old flame wars we had.  Those were brutal!  I like the more laid back atmosphere of today much better.  I wish some of those folks would come back but only if we could maintain more cooler heads like today.

100% agreed.

Hi exo.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:53 pm

I agree Chris and I regret my part in some of those wars.
Now, anyone want to talk about Tourniquet?  affraid
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:56 pm

Black Rider wrote:Now, anyone want to talk about Tourniquet?  affraid

LOL.  On a related note, what I find interesting is that Dale Thompson's name doesn't spark any controversy anymore.  It used to be that any mere mention of his name and the thread would inevitably get locked soon thereafter due to his unorthodox beliefs getting intensely debated.  Now, it seems his music is fairly popular amongst many of the members here without any pushback.  The cynic/pessimist in me can't help but wonder if that's not an indicator of a broader/more general acceptance of heterodoxy[or even heresy] within the church at large.

(Not to point fingers at anyone here for listening to Dale's music; the topic of lyrics/beliefs in music and the importance thereof has been discussed ad naseum here and we've all got different standards by which we operate.  Plenty of folks here - myself included - listen to music with lyrics we don't agree 100% with.  But it's a shift I've noticed and I'm curious about why it's so.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Blaze Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:13 am

ThomasEversole wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:After looking at this thread it appears that Thomas Eversole has disappeared as well. Wonder how his health is doing? Good I hope!

Thanks for thinking of me man.  I'm staying pretty busy.  Published a book last year that's done well, new track debuting on a comp coming up, working, time with family.  My health has got a boost since this 24 hour gym opened up about a 5 minute walk from my house.  Its humble pie to not be as strong as I was before cancer, but I'm well on my way to getting it back.

Thinking about some users who disappeared - Page 6 245

If I'm being completely honest, I could make time to post regularly here, but I don't.  I only lurk without logging in about every other week.  Part of that is there's not a lot of black metal here - which is fine, everyone's wheelhouse is different.  The other part of that is, most Christian communities I've been involved with are pretty notorious from being 1 thread/topic away from forming a knock down drag out mob.

I'm not pointing the finger at any one person here or anywhere, I'm also not ruling out pointing the finger at myself either...  but being in an environment where the air is hubris and eggshells, it takes away more than it gives.
lol!

I am trying to get back into Black Metal so if you want to throw down a thread with suggestions I would be down to discuss tue topic. Same regarding weight training ans fitness as I am finally cleared to return to weight lifting after a 12 year medical break. Post up bro!
Metal Blaze
Metal Blaze
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Blaze Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:19 am

exo wrote:

Very hit or miss, but yeah.

I joined the first board back in 2003 back whwn it was booming and I hear ya, I miss a lot of the old days and a bunch of former posters as well... Evwn though I was in tons of those heated debates, especially with Strutter777 hahaha. Yeah unfortunately things change and people move on though. 

For me it was just a case of going through a long, long stretch of crapola from 2007-2019 and only just now maybe starting to partially move on from it and unfortunately rebuilding my faith at the same time. But I am planning on getting active on here and in the scene again God willing!
Metal Blaze
Metal Blaze
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:25 am

Perhaps many people cancelled their membership or don't bother to post anymore/as much from the disputes or they are too busy/moved on. I've caused some disputes that I've regreted.

I have read posts where there was ongoing discussion that was not a dispute but was heated that I wish would be locked or I thought would be locked but wasn't. Fortunately, the discussion just fizzled out.

There have been stretches of time where I haven't posted anything and then I would do comments on a few existing posts. I don't think I've started a new thread in a long time.

To reference what Kerrick said about Dale Thompson where he doesn't spark any controversy anymore - I think we all realize that revisiting this or other areas of theology really don't go anywhere. Apart from that, I have found that when I would respond to a doctrinal issue, some people would critize my views. Lately, if I see a similar post I don't bother to respond anymore. Everyone end up agreeing to disagree no matter who is right. I think many of us here, myself included, realizes there is nothing gained by creating a terse/heated or what have you post.

I have to admit that this forum is much more enjoyable the past month or so with little or no disputes. There is one that I found comical which was called, "What is so special about Gold Edition CDs?". While heated, it some posts were funny. The way I see it, I like the reissues, not necessarily referring to the gold ones only, and if I do get them I will sell the original or older reissue.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:13 am

Kerrick wrote:

LOL.  On a related note, what I find interesting is that Dale Thompson's name doesn't spark any controversy anymore.  It used to be that any mere mention of his name and the thread would inevitably get locked soon thereafter due to his unorthodox beliefs getting intensely debated.  Now, it seems his music is fairly popular amongst many of the members here without any pushback.  The cynic/pessimist in me can't help but wonder if that's not an indicator of a broader/more general acceptance of heterodoxy[or even heresy] within the church at large.

(Not to point fingers at anyone here for listening to Dale's music; the topic of lyrics/beliefs in music and the importance thereof has been discussed ad naseum here and we've all got different standards by which we operate.  Plenty of folks here - myself included - listen to music with lyrics we don't agree 100% with.  But it's a shift I've noticed and I'm curious about why it's so.)

Sometimes truth takes a back seat to "unity and peace." There's not even a theological section here anymore.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:16 am

I would add "bigjtink" to the list here, but I see there's been a recent sighting...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:10 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Sometimes truth takes a back seat to "unity and peace." There's not even a theological section here anymore.
Furthermore, how apparent are his beliefs in his music? That's the real question.  If DT should come across as more orthodox in his lyrics, then it's not the same situation IMO.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:42 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Perhaps many people cancelled their membership or don't bother to post anymore/as much from the disputes or they are too busy/moved on. I've caused some disputes that I've regreted.

This is also my case. This username is propably the fourth of fifth of my existence in here. Being honest, I don´t even remember all my usernames (one was propably Fragile and one was Humanoid) I came into this forum when Godswizard and other roamed the CMR.

I remember the flamewars. And unfortunately I was part of those some times, especially when talking of theology and politics. I remember also hitting my head several times against Sentients head Razz Razz Razz . I had then and especially now nothing against him, to make it clear, even though we had some firy debate. At some point I just decided to leave battles behind, and I´m keeping it that way in the future, if I participate here more.

Some time along the way children happened at my life and suddenly my time was greatly needed, so everything slowed down at my little bubble of message boards and social media. Social media is something I have to use daily at my work, so I don´t do it in my little spare time.

Kids are bigger now, and there is more time, so I have read this forum quite often lately. I enjoy the good athmosphere here, but post very rarely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Blaze Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:24 am

Stand against the wind wrote:
Soldier777 wrote:Perhaps many people cancelled their membership or don't bother to post anymore/as much from the disputes or they are too busy/moved on. I've caused some disputes that I've regreted.

This is also my case. This username is propably the fourth of fifth of my existence in here. Being honest, I don´t even remember all my usernames (one was propably Fragile and one was Humanoid) I came into this forum when Godswizard and other roamed the CMR.

I remember the flamewars. And unfortunately I was part of those some times, especially when talking of theology and politics. I remember also hitting my head several times against Sentients head Razz Razz Razz . I had then and especially now nothing against him, to make it clear, even though we had some firy debate. At some point I just decided to leave battles behind, and I´m keeping it that way in the future, if I participate here more.

Some time along the way children happened at my life and suddenly my time was greatly needed, so everything slowed down at my little bubble of message boards and social media. Social media is something I have to use daily at my work, so I don´t do it in my little spare time.

Kids are bigger now, and there is more time, so I have read this forum quite often lately. I enjoy the good athmosphere here, but post very rarely.

The two most useless arguments on the planet, Religion and Politics. Especially in this day and age where ANY and all forms of Christianity are under attack and politics, heh.... I will just say I lament the many hours I wasted in my younger days reading, researching, discussing and debating politics here and elsewhere. It does no good and besides reality and real life cannot. Gleaned from a book or opinion article.

Spend time with family, read your Bible, eat hot wings and listen to lots of cool Metal and Rock, life is so much better that way.
Metal Blaze
Metal Blaze
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Also I think we lost a ton of users during the "great hack". Many of them didn't come back after that.

Where is Xenon Lion? Haven't seen her in ages either
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Metal Blaze wrote:

eat hot wings and listen to lots of cool Metal and Rock, life is so much better that way.

I just did, and had two great indian pale ale with them. I feel better already. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:25 pm

I miss fishingd, Dale.  I stopped coming here but still hung out in the chat during his shows and talked to him on the phone a little, but I had way less contact with him once I stopped coming here multiple times a day.  I don't regret that but, I do miss him.  My 3 kids and wife All imitate his "Aaallll Riiiight!!"   Very Happy  He's in heaven so I don't feel bad for him, just me.  

The chat feature was fun when this board was hopping.  Skyliner even had a thread that said "in the chat now"....

My user name now is L8T (LOVE how Dale messed up everybody's name, including mine, he called me LT) but it was LatefortheParty at first, till I saw the owners name.  I meant that I was late for Christian metal.  I learned SO much, and caught up poring through the catacomb threads.  Back then they weren't just the locked threads, there were the "Top 100" threads and the "Power Metal" threads.  I spent Hours checking out ALL those bands.  Thank You Arrtttiiiee!  Razz     

Anyway, there really hasn't been much going on with this genre, except reissues, for some time and I think that has something to do with it.  Just my opinion.  If there were a bunch of bands putting out new material this board would be way more active.  Also, Many of us are chronologically advanced and we have Lots more things to take care of.   Shocked 

This board has been a Big blessing to me and I thank you Arttie.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:46 pm

BaleMaster wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

Furthermore, how apparent are his beliefs in his music? That's the real question.  If DT should come across as more orthodox in his lyrics, then it's not the same situation IMO.

Agreed. I'm also not questioning anyone who listens/buys his music, I just don't happen to like it anymore. The real question is do folks see his music as some sort of Christian ministry...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:32 pm

Good point, Pro-Zak!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:26 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Also I think we lost a ton of users during the "great hack". Many of them didn't come back after that.

Where is Xenon Lion? Haven't seen her in ages either

XenonLion, I think moved on from Christian music. She was a bit more active over at CHM in the past.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:42 pm

"Sirhemlock" used to post here on occasion, but more at Firestream. Spoke w/him often on fb, but heard he got banned there.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next