The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about some users who disappeared

+33
Soldier777
Metal Blaze
exo
sentient 6
guilty/forgiven
Samson
Deepfriar
Pro-Zak
Blake
bjorn agin
SirJahzeal
bassdude
metaldude
Andreas89
*static*
Metal15
Driven
oldschooldoom
ThomasEversole
messiaen77
elManique
Staybrite
FreeRangeBeliever
New Creation
eatbugs
alldatndensum
HeavyLighter
deathisgain
Kerrick
WildWorld
Hardcore Christian
Black Rider
MikeInFla
37 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Thinking about some users who disappeared - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking about some users who disappeared

Post by Staybrite Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:28 am

Kerrick wrote:
MikeInFla wrote: Hotdogs & Mustard? (Haha that one's a joke).

LOL.

Yeah we've seen some really neat people come and go through here.  Some of them are on Facebook so I still see updates from them from time to time.  Xenon Lion pokes her head into CHM occasionally.  I do miss [most of...] those folks you mentioned.

deathisgain wrote:I think some of them still post at the CHM.

Xenon Lion does post at CHM (but very rarely....like twice a year).  Pretty certain college is taking up much of her time now....also now that Kerrick is married she kind of lost hope in making him fall madly in love with her (only slightly joking here).

Candlemass will chime in (maybe once a month) at CHM, but he would much rather be back here at the CMR.  I don't think he intended to be the big trouble-maker he sometimes appeared to be. I think it was more just his misunderstood humor.  I think it would be nice if the staff here gave consideration to allowing him back at the CMR.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Thinking about some users who disappeared - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking about some users who disappeared

Post by Staybrite Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:31 am

Black Rider wrote:We should hit him up for more MLR.

I did that once (possibly a year ago).  He was the main song-writer, founder and only consistent member of the band.  He told me that with the addition of children to his family he would be more than happy to never record another album.  Things change as we age (and our kids get older), so hopefully he will revisit MLR sometime in the future.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Yeah, I get the feeling he's over the band thing. Can't blame him, probably no money in it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 am

Black Rider wrote:Yeah, I get the feeling he's over the band thing. Can't blame him, probably no money in it.

I thought he was reuniting The Huntingtons?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:04 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Yeah, I get the feeling he's over the band thing. Can't blame him, probably no money in it.

I thought he was reuniting The Huntingtons?

Probably sporadic shows:

The band ended their 10-year run in 2005 with a 30-song best-of disc, Growing Up Is No Fun: The Standards '95-'05m and played its final show at the Cornerstone Festival, bringing back Cliffy on guitar.
Two years after the band decided to quit, they reunited for a show in Elkton, Maryland and subsequently decided to keep the band going in part-time "do what we want, when we want" status. In 2009, the band released Punk Sounds, which included b-sides, rarities and two new tracks. Official remasters of several of their albums have also been released. Limited edition vinyl pressings of Sweet Sixteen and Fun and Games were released in mid-2011. A complete collection of the band's demos was released in early 2015 as Prime Times: The Tascam Tapes.
Since 2015, the band has been playing with the lineup of Mike Holt, Jonathan Cliff Walker, Josh Blackway and drummer Chris Eller. Blackway and Eller also tour with C. J. Ramone of the Ramones
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:25 am

I was thinking more along the lines of recording as a band, should've been more clear.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 am

Staybrite wrote:Candlemass will chime in (maybe once a month) at CHM, but he would much rather be back here at the CMR.  I don't think he intended to be the big trouble-maker he sometimes appeared to be. I think it was more just his misunderstood humor.  I think it would be nice if the staff here gave consideration to allowing him back at the CMR.

Well, there's always more to every story and for this one, it's between Candlemass and the mods here.  But know that he was given many, many warnings and opportunities to treat people more respectfully.  His humor just being misunderstood had nothing to do with it actually.  It was a decision the mods all discussed for a while and not done in a flippant or careless way.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:39 am

Staybrite wrote:Xenon Lion does post at CHM (but very rarely....like twice a year).  Pretty certain college is taking up much of her time now....also now that Kerrick is married she kind of lost hope in making him fall madly in love with her (only slightly joking here).

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaat??? Is there some story behind this Kerrick?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:47 am

Ha, not that I'm aware of!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Just visited the old dead threads. What's it called? Die To Live? Some funny stuff in there from some old timers.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:Candlemass will chime in (maybe once a month) at CHM, but he would much rather be back here at the CMR.  I don't think he intended to be the big trouble-maker he sometimes appeared to be. I think it was more just his misunderstood humor.  I think it would be nice if the staff here gave consideration to allowing him back at the CMR.

Well, there's always more to every story and for this one, it's between Candlemass and the mods here.  But know that he was given many, many warnings and opportunities to treat people more respectfully.  His humor just being misunderstood had nothing to do with it actually.  It was a decision the mods all discussed for a while and not done in a flippant or careless way.

I'm sure there was more than the rest of us regular posters saw, real bummer.  Not at all second guessing the mods/admins, but I still feel rather bad for him (even if he was a victim of his own attitude).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:33 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:Xenon Lion does post at CHM (but very rarely....like twice a year).  Pretty certain college is taking up much of her time now....also now that Kerrick is married she kind of lost hope in making him fall madly in love with her (only slightly joking here).

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaat??? Is there some story behind this Kerrick?

No, I just like stirring the pot and seeing if I can get people in trouble.  I know she did jest one time back when Kerrick was getting engaged that she was hoping he would wait for her (or something along those lines), but she was most likely just joking around (at least I hope so), she was considerably too young anyway.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by elManique Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:58 pm

What's CHM, some other forum I should be joining?
elManique
elManique
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 am

elManique wrote:What's CHM, some other forum I should be joining?

Just click Christian Hard Music.  We are a small family feeling board.  We mostly discuss Christian rock and metal.  If you like Skillet and Stryper, then we probably talk about it.  We don't have a lot of fans of more extreme metal, so you probably will have to start those threads.  But, you are more than welcome to join us.  We will treat you so many ways that you are bound to like one of them.

I used to have a banner when I posted that would lead you to my board.  I don't know what happened to it.  Maybe my own ad-blocker kills it?  Does anyone see it?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 am

No alldat your banner is gone. It's fun over there. Laid back place but a few troublemakers (StayBright, Alldat, Driven, Xid, Kerrick, G/F... Ok so there are a ton of troublemakers).
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 am

Black Rider wrote:I hear ya' FRB, i've slowed down on the net myself but i'm still on a couple music boards.Sorry to hear about the trials, praying you're doing better.

Thanks BR
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:49 am

eatbugs wrote:Yeah, face-to-face friends will always trump web forum friends.  Problem is, no one I know likes Christian metal.

I'll also pray for you.

Thanks

I also know hardly anyone in my city who likes christian metal. I had one friend who had very similar tastes - also prog rock etc but he's very busy now raising 2 young children.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:46 pm

MikeInFla wrote:No alldat your banner is gone. It's fun over there. Laid back place but a few troublemakers (StayBright, Alldat, Driven, Xid, Kerrick, G/F... Ok so there are a ton of troublemakers).

Thanks for letting me know!  I just hadn't paid attention to it being gone and don't even know how long it has been MIA.

As for the rest of you, feel free to come on over to Christian Hard Music anytime.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:No alldat your banner is gone. It's fun over there. Laid back place but a few troublemakers (StayBright, Alldat, Driven, Xid, Kerrick, G/F... Ok so there are a ton of troublemakers).

Thanks for letting me know!  I just hadn't paid attention to it being gone and don't even know how long it has been MIA.

As for the rest of you, feel free to come on over to Christian Hard Music anytime.
Bring donuts.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am

Ok, let's go way back. Anyone remember Orion Crystal Ice?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:53 am

I do remember him quite well! 

Also, AngelWithAnAttitude?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Yep. The glory days.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyLighter Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:17 pm

I remember a time there was certain GodsWizard. Crispy and fun, sometimes untolerable, but still fun. Anyone know, what he´s up to these days?

HeavyLighter
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Ummmm, probably not going to go there, it went bad.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm

HeavyLighter wrote:I remember a time there was certain GodsWizard. Crispy and fun, sometimes untolerable, but still fun. Anyone know, what he´s up to these days?

He's around on Facebook if you know where to look.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next