The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think Obama knows something... (regarding UFOs/ETs)

+13
srguenther
Blake
Superjuice
Grindboy
Devon Hill
Soldier777
MegaNorm64
crucifyd
CrimsonWarrior
Peter who was Vaak
deathisgain
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I think Obama knows something...  (regarding UFOs/ETs) - Page 2 Empty Re: I think Obama knows something... (regarding UFOs/ETs)

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Sorry, I should've realized you didn't read mine because I already addressed some of the things you had mentioned. I guess, your MO is step in, crap everywhere, then pretend to be above it all.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

I think Obama knows something...  (regarding UFOs/ETs) - Page 2 Empty Re: I think Obama knows something... (regarding UFOs/ETs)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Yes you did but I did not see anything backing up Aliens equals demons I'd believe that you were sorry if you weren't trying to start something but whatever I'll bring it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:14 pm

I certainly do believe there are aliens on other planets. I do not believe they are demons.

How could there be such a HUGE universe out there - and earth be the only planet containing life? How arrogant to think such thoughts.

Just my opinion of course. Wink 

** however - I am not saying that a demon cannot appear 'as' an alien. Doesn't make all aliens demons though. Make sense? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:18 pm

I think aliens being demons is the most plausible explanation.  This is a very common belief among Christians in my opinion, and it is not a fringe belief like some may think.  Many people report visitations from aliens being stopped when they call on Jesus' name.  The things the aliens teach people fall directly inline with teachings from the occult and new age.
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Peter who was Vaak wrote:I guess, your MO is step in, crap everywhere, then pretend to be above it all.

Come on man, grow up. Everything you said was fine up until this.
I personally think the Fermi's paradox proves nothing - and I can't prove aliens to you any more than you can prove God exists to a disbeliever. ...but who really cares who believes in aliens or not?

Not worth losing serenity for around here.

Savage Amusement wrote:
this is a topic in and of itself..personally I do believe that animals have souls and live on after death...

You know, I've thought about this and... I WANT to believe I'll see my pets in heaven.
I mean, ASSUMING we'll remember earth in Heaven, (which if we didn't remember earth, would we realize heaven as the "afterlife"?)
...and spending YEARS and YEARS with something alive that I hug, hold and love more than most people,
as just being gone and me being happy about it.

I can't even imagine being ok with that.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:10 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
Peter who was Vaak wrote:I guess, your MO is step in, crap everywhere, then pretend to be above it all.

Come on man, grow up.  Everything you said was fine up until this.
I personally think the Fermi's paradox proves nothing - and I can't prove aliens to you any more than you can prove God exists to a disbeliever.  ...but who really cares who believes in aliens or not?

Not worth losing serenity for around here.

Thank you!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:37 pm

I'll offer my thoughts.

I don't know if there are aliens or not.  Could be, but I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

*If* there are "aliens," I wouldn't be surprised if they were demonic.  Again, I'm not saying that "if there are aliens, then they are demons," but I think it's a possibility.

Devon hit on one of the ideas that IMO gives the idea credence, is that many of the supposed experts or people who claim to have had contact or knowledge of alien activity say that the aliens say that we as a species are needing to evolve -- to give up our primitive belief in the supernatural and embrace the greater potential of our species.  *IF* there are aliens, and *IF* said hypothetical aliens made themselves known with such a message, I think that demons become an outstanding explanation.  Who would have more credibility about metaphysics and the universe than what would appear as a greatly advanced and much more highly evolved and intelligent alien race?  People would listen to whatever they said and accept it as gospel.  It would be a brilliant strategy to turn people from God.  And -- as Devon hinted at -- it would be, at it's core, the *exact* same lie as from Genesis 3.  Hmmm.  Although, again, until it happens. . . meh.  I don't know.

Biblically, there are definitely more questions than answers about the Nephilim, but "demonic aliens" is probably as plausible as anything else.  If you've never looked at the couple of mysterious references to them in Scripture (or Pantokrator songs), you might either be fascinated or have bad dreams.

On a couple of other notes, as I've said I'm not going to say that I believe in aliens -- but I'm not ready to say that we haven't had any contact with them, either.  I don't necessarily believe any of them, but there are too many reports, sightings, experiences to totally discount, IMO.  I myself saw something that I can't explain when I was in high school.  "Unexplained" doesn't equal "alien," I know, but it was something.

I also don't think there's anything arrogant about believing that there is no life on other planets, on the other hand.  If Earth is the only planet where God decided to have life, ok.  I don't know if that's reality or not, but I don't think it's an arrogant position to take on any level.  This is God's world, we're still just living in it.  However he wants, whatever he wants!

The same for if God "has" to save other races/species.  If they exist (and aren't demonic, of course!), maybe he would, maybe not.  I certainly would say that it's not remotely addressed in Scripture in point or principle, so I don't want to speculate on his behalf.  I can rest in knowing that he would do what's right -- whatever that is.

As relates to pets, I'm not sure it's directly addressed in Scripture either, but it is clear that humanity is the capstone of God's creation, that we alone are created in his image, and it would seem that Jesus died specifically for us.  That all leads me to believe that on this Earth, we alone have souls and will enjoy Heaven.  If Heaven without your pet doesn't sound like Heaven -- I think I get it.  But I'm optimistic that in the manifest presence of the Creator of the universe and all that is, Fido (or in my case, Camy -- as well as Charmin and Suzy from my past) won't be particularly on my mind. 

I hope this isn't too theological, or if it is that it's at least level and un-inflammatory.  Nobody here saw me in the realm of which we do not speak, and there are good reasons for that.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:53 pm

The "aliens as demons" perspective is becoming very common in Christian circles.  Some folks gotta get used to it.  Yes, many of their Body of Christ family members hold to this explanation to inter-dimensional creatures that abduct, torment, experiment on, and sexually assault their victims.

I've believed this since the mid-nineties, thanks, in large part, to this video that came out at the time based on theologian I.D.E. Thomas' book the The Omega Conspiracy:

And, yes, the rebuke in Jesus' Name said in faith will do the trick....
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 am

Personally, I think assuming God would stop creating life after humans is assuming too much and putting God on a leash. I'm willing to bet there is a ton of stuff the Big Guy has been up to up there.
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:49 pm

...and spending YEARS and YEARS with something alive that I hug, hold and love more than most people,
as just being gone and me being happy about it.

I can't even imagine being ok with that.
yeah..thats pretty much my thoughts also....

That all leads me to believe that on this Earth, we alone have souls and will enjoy Heaven.

I believe that all living creations...both animals and humans have souls but that man also has a spirit...I think spirits and souls are 2 different things.... In Gods image to me means being able to reason and knowing good from bad...thats it... Animals can reason and animals know good from bad... my dog is very intelligent and very trainable and able to reason...(sometimes she is smarter than my kids and alot of other people I meet Razz  ) and if we want to go with superstitious thought alot of people (including alot of Christians) believe that animals can see into the spirit world...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Personally, I think assuming God would stop creating life after humans is assuming too much and putting God on a leash. I'm willing to bet there is a ton of stuff the Big Guy has been up to up there.

Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:38 pm

I would like to clarify that even though I lean towards the view that aliens in the traditional sense as being greys, reptilian, or what have you originate from the fallen spiritual world - originating from demons or Fallen Angels. Also, Demons are not the same as fallen angels. Fallen Angels fell with Lucifer when he got kicked out. When the giants or nephilim who harassed Israel in the Old Testament were killed, demons would leave their bodies. The ancient and contemporary Jewish theologians and rabbis, and Christian historians and theologians of the early church all agree on this point.

I am not saying that Ets or aliens from our physical world do not exist that are confined to the law of physics. However many of the sightings and contacts indicate that these beings have did things outside of the laws of the natural world.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

Thumbs up

I think the general consensus with those who do believe in ETs tend to think that Earth is a relatively new creation.
...meaning that the reason these other civilizations are so technologically advanced is because they're much, much older.

Who knows. If there is alien life and they are aware of us, we might seem like spoiled, entitled children to them.

Savage Amusement wrote:
I believe that all living creations...both animals and humans have souls but that man also has a spirit...I think spirits and souls are 2 different things.... In Gods image to me means being able to reason and knowing good from bad...thats it... Animals can reason and animals know good from bad... my dog is very intelligent and very trainable and able to reason...(sometimes she is smarter than my kids and alot of other people I meet Razz  ) and if we want to go with superstitious thought alot of people (including alot of Christians) believe that animals can see into the spirit world...

This will probably invoke some laughter,
but don't forget plants.

I'm serious.

Studies have shown that these "living creatures" are more than just inanimate things that grow with light and water.
Sure, they don't have "brains", but they reproduce, they have hormones and also react to stimuli. There's something there besides growing matter that makes a plant lean towards a light source or close over a fly. ....what is it?

People are presumptuous. We think its just us and God kickin' it in the universe and that's it. We think that plants and animals are too dumb or not important enough to have life after earth.

The point is, we don't really know about these things and can only speculate.

I'd rather be agnostic and open minded about these topics (aliens, plants going to heaven, etc.)
...than express contempt without proof.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:26 pm

ParaNormaN wrote:Personally, I think assuming God would stop creating life after humans is assuming too much and putting God on a leash. I'm willing to bet there is a ton of stuff the Big Guy has been up to up there.

EXACTLY!!! Good post brother!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:31 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:

People are presumptuous.  We think its just us and God kickin' it in the universe and that's it.  We think that plants and animals are too dumb or not important enough to have life after earth.  

I'd rather be agnostic and open minded about these topics (aliens, plants going to heaven, etc.)

Very well said. I agree wholeheartedly.

So many times ... I see Christians running around like 'know it alls'! As if they have ALLL of the answers to life's mysteries. A few of the above posts were very humble and I can respect that. You can believe how you want - and I respect that. Can't I expect the same in return? Is that asking too much? Smile 

When we say things like NO WAY IS THERE LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS. Like a few posts above indicate. That shows an attitude of arrogance. As if we KNOW all of what God does?

Anyway ... just sayin' Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

but don't forget plants.  

I'm serious.

Studies have shown that these "living creatures" are more than just inanimate things that grow with light and water.
Sure, they don't have "brains", but they reproduce, they have hormones and also react to stimuli.  There's something there besides growing matter that makes a plant lean towards a light source or close over a fly.  ....what is it?

People are presumptuous.  We think its just us and God kickin' it in the universe and that's it.  We think that plants and animals are too dumb or not important enough to have life after earth.  

Do I read you right, SA, that you're saying that, since you believe that "image of God" means ability to reason and know good from bad, and that your dog can do those, you believe that your dog is bears the "image of God?"  If that's correct -- and I know your view of Scripture isn't what some of ours is -- do you have different understandings of the biblical references to humanity bearing his image, or do you just not give much credence to them?

I certainly hope my post didn't come off as presumptuous or contemptuous.  I'm certainly not in a position to determine what's dumb or important in the universe.  But I believe God is!  And Scripture seems to me to clearly indicate that he's placed humanity in a category well above the rest of creation.  It's not my opinion and I don't think it's presumptuous, it's my best understanding of what God's revealed regarding his own values.  Everything has whatever value he places on it.  If he decides I'm worthless, then so I am.  But as it stands, it appears to me that he's valued humanity at the price of his Son, and that he hasn't done that for the rest of creation.  Admittedly that's something short of "proof" and of course any are free to disagree, but it's certainly reason.

Last edited by Grindboy on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to work out the multi-quote thing. I'm not very sharp.)

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:33 am

I believe there is life on other planets I think in our own solar system, now I said life not Sentient life just to clarify.  scientists have believed that simple life exists on Mars and on Jupiter's Moon Europa (underneath the ice) I suspect its plausable and why not?

but don't forget plants.

I'm serious.

Sure, they don't have "brains", but they reproduce, they have hormones and also react to stimuli. There's something there besides growing matter that makes a plant lean towards a light source or close over a fly. ....what is it?

People are presumptuous. We think its just us and God kickin' it in the universe and that's it. We think that plants and animals are too dumb or not important enough to have life after earth.

Im not laughing and I agree with you here, especially in this last line here.  I think that as humans we are not capable of fully understanding Gods nature and God's ways. and IMO anyone who claims to is putting God on a leash IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:28 am

Maybe Obama IS an alien. I'm with Kerrick though, its not a subject that affects my salvation so I haven't put a lot of thought into it but I have always felt that aliens do not exist and many people who have "seen" aliens were actually seeing demons presenting themselves as aliens.

Given our obsession with extraterrestrial life it really would be a good way for demons to influence people. If the devil comes as an angel of light why cant he come as an alien of the stars?
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:56 am

Maybe Obama IS an alien. I'm with Kerrick though, its not a subject that affects my salvation so I haven't put a lot of thought into it.

This is how i feel I generally havent I wont lose sleep or grace by not thinking about it I lump this into the way God created everything (as my wife doesnt believe that the world was created in just 7 days)  I havent thought bout this topic until this thread appeared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:48 pm

Do I read you right, SA, that you're saying that, since you believe that "image of God" means ability to reason and know good from bad, and that your dog can do those, you believe that your dog is bears the "image of God?"  If that's correct -- and I know your view of Scripture isn't what some of ours is -- do you have different understandings of the biblical references to humanity bearing his image, or do you just not give much credence to them?
I will pm you an answer..this subject is starting to derail this thread and we need to stay on topic..UFO'S...

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Blake wrote:Maybe Obama IS an alien.

Its circulating from more than a couple groups that George W Bush and Queen Elizabeth II are baby-eating shape-shifting reptilian being from the Draconis star system. I think that's WAY out there and sounds ridiculous... but I'd eat my hat if someone proved it.

When it comes to anything (apart from faith/spirituality) I'm what you would call a 95% er. I won't cement block myself to something unless there's undeniable and obvious proof regarding the matter.

As far as the image of God thing - I think there's multiple ways to look at it.
- We're made in God's image and likeness (meaning, our/human appearance literally resembles God, which is what I think most people believe)
- We're made in God's image and likeness (meaning, he has a two-eyed, one nosed, 4 limbed, 2 lungs, 1 heart/stomach, etc. "template" that he used to create with.)

If there's any truth to the second, then aliens and rabbits would also be in God's "image". (from his "template")

Again, its all speculation. I mentioned in a prior post how there's over 80 reported known alien races. Some of those are reported to be so... different ....that we wouldn't recognize it as life if we were looking right at it.
Most, however, are beings actually similar to us.

What's funny is I've watched conference footage (its on YouTube) and read statements from top secret government officials and scientists who are scratching their heads wondering why something/aliens that "evolved" millions of light years away also have two eyes, 1 skull, 4 limbs, etc. etc. etc.

....Yet, I can easily wrap my head around "Well see, God has this "template"..."

Smile
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:03 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:

What's funny is I've watched conference footage (its on YouTube) and read statements from top secret government officials and scientists who are scratching their heads wondering why something/aliens that "evolved" millions of light years away also have two eyes, 1 skull, 4 limbs, etc. etc. etc.  

....Yet, I can easily wrap my head around "Well see, God has this "template"..."  

Smile

That is an excellent point to counter the concept that aliens simply evolved (with no help from God) into what they are now.  I've never thought of that before, but it is a great point.  If intelligent life evolved on many other planets and they are coming to visit us, why would they have a very similar shape as humans?  The human shape has no monopoly on being the best or most efficient form, so why would every alien evolve to look like that?

This point has no ability to counter the conspiracy theory out there that "humans came from aliens" but that's another story.... Very Happy
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
I will pm you an answer..this subject is starting to derail this thread and we need to stay on topic..UFO'S...

Fair point.  I was curious what the basis for your belief was, and I'll consider myself answered.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Devon Hill wrote:
This point has no ability to counter the conspiracy theory out there that "humans came from aliens" but that's another story.... Very Happy

Some people believe that the Annunaki came to earth, saw potential with monkeys, then mixed their own DNA with them, thus creating us. I don't believe this because its too much of a contrast to what the Bible states.

I loosely believe in the literal Genesis creation (which, by loosely, I mean that I'm open to metaphorical interpretations of God creating us, if they tie together well and make sense).

On a separate note, there's supposedly a significant difference between "aliens" and "extra dimensional beings". Some people think that extra dimensional beings are what we've actually been encountering.

I'm not sure if the following video is real or not, (there's a complicated story since then and other videos)
but if what this caller is saying is true - its frightening...

ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:28 pm

I would like to make a few points...

1. Obama uses alot of help in his responses...i.e. teleprompter and such. The faster breathing could simply indicate a question he was not prepared for, and would also explain the different wording from previous presidents.

2. Several people pointed fingers at others for not providing anything that backed up there statements. This is funny because NO ONE has provided than anything more then opinion, conjecture, and good old guesses because there are no facts to present. Only opinion and conjecture and guesses.

3. Meh.

4. Did anyone see that movie about the rednecks who caught the alien? I don't remember the name of it, but that was exactly what rednecks would do with a captured alien...they left a burnt alien body on the porch, rang the door bell and ran! Lol!

5. Anderson East's album 'Delilah' is currently free on the Google play store. Classic soul. Totally off topic, but totally worth it. Just sayin'.

6.what were we talking about again....?

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next