The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot takes.

+24
Fundy
Second Wind
Soldier777
WildWorld
Frozen Fire
Constantine
BaleMaster
Raegoul
Airola
Kerrick
Temple of Blood
Ammocas
TZ75
Dustofyears
crucifyd
Son of Nun
StevenCressler
MagnusPrime
scottmitchell74
seth
Follower of Jesus
Pethead
CrimsonWarrior
Black Rider
28 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Hot takes. - Page 20 Empty Re: Hot takes.

Post by Black Rider Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:41 pm

Have you met jazz players? Real jazz, not the Kenny G stuff. They take themselves way too seriously.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Hot takes. - Page 20 Kisshe10
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:18 pm

I prefer these guys: 
Hot takes. - Page 20 Img_2211
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Son of Nun and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:40 am

Superjuice wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:If Black Metal didn't have image and posturing, it wouldn't have much.

I watched a hilarious video about Venom's early years the other day and how they were in many ways a fake band built on fake concerts /promo pictures, etc and hadn't really played many shows at all.  Once they finally got on tour to a wide audience everyone a few songs in realized they were terrible.  The entire black metal scene is based on that band.  More evidence for my "image ruins music" point I made in another thread.
My high school "criminal class" according to frequently worn T-shirt:

Metallicats were bad boys but still mostly somewhat mainstream and redeemable.  Megadeth t-shirt kids were more rebellious but had an edge of intelligence.  G'n'R guys were of low intelligence, tried to look the bad boy part, but still mostly abided by the rules.  Slayer guys were usually in trouble, weren't going to finish school, and badly behaved, but Venom kids were still the most reprobate.   The kids that wore Venom t-shirts in high school were the most degenerate kids imaginable.  They wouldn't make it past freshman year, loved all things satanic, did drugs, and went straight to juvey hall.

This is great!  Then again, my best friend was a Slayer and Cannibal Corpse t-shirt wearer and he went on to become a fireman and then a cop (still is).  Of course, that was after I got him into Christ through Christian metal.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:42 am

Black Rider wrote:Have you met jazz players? Real jazz, not the Kenny G stuff. They take themselves way too seriously.
They sure as heck do! I sometimes wonder if they even enjoy it. It's a super intense style of music.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:45 am

strangerhoncho wrote:
Superjuice wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:If Black Metal didn't have image and posturing, it wouldn't have much.

I watched a hilarious video about Venom's early years the other day and how they were in many ways a fake band built on fake concerts /promo pictures, etc and hadn't really played many shows at all.  Once they finally got on tour to a wide audience everyone a few songs in realized they were terrible.  The entire black metal scene is based on that band.  More evidence for my "image ruins music" point I made in another thread.
My high school "criminal class" according to frequently worn T-shirt:

Metallicats were bad boys but still mostly somewhat mainstream and redeemable.  Megadeth t-shirt kids were more rebellious but had an edge of intelligence.  G'n'R guys were of low intelligence, tried to look the bad boy part, but still mostly abided by the rules.  Slayer guys were usually in trouble, weren't going to finish school, and badly behaved, but Venom kids were still the most reprobate.   The kids that wore Venom t-shirts in high school were the most degenerate kids imaginable.  They wouldn't make it past freshman year, loved all things satanic, did drugs, and went straight to juvey hall.

This is great!  Then again, my best friend was a Slayer and Cannibal Corpse t-shirt wearer and he went on to become a fireman and then a cop (still is).  Of course, that was after I got him into Christ through Christian metal.
Aha... lemme guess...Super juice was a megadeth fan lolz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20