The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

+18
Tobi Elektrik
seth
StevenCressler
scottmitchell74
Superjuice
Son of Nun
Dustofyears
Frozen Fire
Black Rider
crucifyd
ThomasEversole
Wigeon
Temple of Blood
jaydeecrawson
Constantine
Tombie
BaleMaster
TZ75
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.  Empty Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

Post by TZ75 Wed May 19, 2021 12:15 am

This dude is talking like a woke cultist. Sad how he lost his way to join the ranks of humanist philosophy. 

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2021/may/dc-talk-rsquo-s-kevin-max-is-now-lsquo-exvangelical-rsquo-says-he-rsquo-s-been-lsquo-progressing-rsquo-for-lsquo-decades-rsquo
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Opeth3232 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.  Empty Re: Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

Post by BaleMaster Wed May 19, 2021 12:29 am

Agreed. Bailed on him a while ago.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.  Empty Re: Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

Post by BaleMaster Wed May 19, 2021 2:58 am

He wanted $100 ! for a mere download of his pretentiously redundant, unnecessary "remake" of Larry Norman's magnum opus, Only Visiting This Planet. To say the least, his reach exceeds his grasp...in a great many things.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed May 19, 2021 5:25 am

He recently held a Kickstarter for some new band he and some other guy are putting together...and they're reaching out to Christians.  I like how he rakes in the dough then drops the other shoe like this.  Comes off as extremely disingenuous.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Wed May 19, 2021 5:40 am

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron
1 Timothy 4:1-2
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

alldatndensum, Andreas89, TZ75, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74, Second Wind and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed May 19, 2021 6:11 am

I realize we are not supposed to get into political discussions here any longer, but since this thread is here I want to say that I am getting very tired of pastors, churches, and (supposed) Christians embracing Woke culture and then pushing it down everyone's throat.  It's very unbiblical ideology and it is leading many astray.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider, Staybrite, Louder, Nelson, alldatndensum, bigtreads, ThomasEversole and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed May 19, 2021 6:15 am

I hear ya. I get a daily newsletter that chronicles the infantile antics of the woke cult. Heartbreaking, yet prophesied.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89, Constantine, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed May 19, 2021 11:50 am

I saw DC Talk on the "Jesus Freak" tour at the Omni in Atlanta, GA.

I also recently watched a video by Jay Bakker concerning "Deconstructing." I didn't know that was a term until recently.....

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed May 19, 2021 12:15 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:I also recently watched a video by Jay Bakker concerning "Deconstructing." I didn't know that was a term until recently.....
Ha, I did not realize he used that term (I did not click the link earlier).  
Yes, I had to learn that term 2 years ago when i was dating a gal who told me she was in the process of "deconstructing her faith."   At first I didn't quite understand what it meant, so I tried to find common ground and see if we could meet halfway on things.  She gave me stuff to read and I gave her stuff to read.   
Eventually she admitted she no longer believed the Bible and that planned to completely became a Woke SJW.   Needless to say, that relationship went the way of the Titantic, sunken deck chairs and all  Rolling Eyes.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed May 19, 2021 12:33 pm

I personally love it when "Christian" "artists" turn their back on the faith and then realize no one in the secular world will give them any money so they come crawling back to all those Christian knuckle-draggers that they looked down on. Unfortunately all too often they are welcomed back and given more money without true repentance.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider, Staybrite, ThomasEversole, Andreas89, mothy, TZ75, BaleMaster and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed May 19, 2021 2:25 pm

I don't see anything in that article about him not being a Christian any more. In fact, I assume that the term "exvangelical" may have something to do with distancing himself from "Evangelicals" that still have unwavering support for Trump, Trumpism, and the Republican party at all costs. If that is what exvangelical means, then I too am exvangelical and in my opinion most true followers of Christ and his teachings should be as well. (puts up shield, ready for the stones to be thrown).
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed May 19, 2021 2:49 pm

"Envy was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues under its new name, 'social justice'." ~ Thomas Sowell
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Louder, alldatndensum, bigtreads, Frozen Fire, Andreas89, TZ75, BaleMaster and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed May 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Sowell = genius
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Frozen Fire, Andreas89, BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 19, 2021 4:04 pm

In another tweet posted Monday, Max described himself as “anti-war, pro-peace, anti-hate, pro-live, pro-LGBTQIA, pro-BLM, pro-open mindedness, anti-narrow mindedness, pro-utopia, anti-white nationalist agenda, pro-equality, pro-vax, pro-music, anti-1%rs, pro-poor, pro-misfit-pro-Jesus, etc…” So he's embracing every popular leftist stand yet thinks he's rebelling? And his use of Universal Christ tells me he's gone with the new age idea of who Jesus is. 
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, alldatndensum, Friday13th, Andreas89, TZ75, Constantine, BaleMaster and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed May 19, 2021 4:22 pm

Wigeon wrote:I don't see anything in that article about him not being a Christian any more. In fact, I assume that the term "exvangelical" may have something to do with distancing himself from "Evangelicals" that still have unwavering support for Trump, Trumpism, and the Republican party at all costs. If that is what exvangelical means, then I too am exvangelical and in my opinion most true followers of Christ and his teachings should be as well. (puts up shield, ready for the stones to be thrown).

I’m not trying to throw stones...

But I noticed he mentioned he’s pro-gay, and anti-“white” nationalist.

Regarding the gay thing... we are told to love our neighbors in the Bible, but does that mean accept the gay lifestyle? No. 
One of the problems with “woke Christians” is that they are more concerned with offending people than offending God. 

He also is spewing the same anti-white narrative as BLM and Antifa. He definitely is a Trump hater, but he’s foolish to think patriots don’t come in all colors. Many of Trump’s supporters were Latino, and he gained a much bigger black following than his first campaign. I bet he’s also pro- open borders and globalism. The NWO is not compatible with Christianity.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, alldatndensum, bigtreads, Andreas89, Constantine, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed May 19, 2021 4:46 pm

Anybody who supports domestic terrorism like BLM and Antifa can't be a Bible-believing, Christ-follower.

Change my mind.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, alldatndensum, Andreas89, mothy, TZ75, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Wed May 19, 2021 4:57 pm

If you can, check out American Gospel. It really brings to light post-modernism and progressive Christianity... it's crazy what these people believe.

American Gospel
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

crucifyd, TZ75, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed May 19, 2021 5:14 pm

There are two AGs, both awesome and recommendable.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Tombie, crucifyd, TZ75 and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed May 19, 2021 5:22 pm

The 2 American Gospel videos are indeed very worthwhile and eye-opening.

I would also highly recommend listening to Voddie Bauchem or reading his new book "Fault Lines."  
He is perhaps the best person out there explaining why Cultural Marxism, Critical Race Theory, and the whole Woke Culture and Social Justice movement works against the gospel of Christ.   He is a black former pastor / now church planter and dean of a seminary in Zambia, Africa.  His goal is always to stick to the text of the Bible and his reasoning and articulation are second to none.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Tombie, Frozen Fire, Andreas89, TZ75, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed May 19, 2021 6:47 pm

Constantine wrote:The 2 American Gospel videos are indeed very worthwhile and eye-opening.

I would also highly recommend listening to Voddie Bauchem or reading his new book "Fault Lines."  
He is perhaps the best person out there explaining why Cultural Marxism, Critical Race Theory, and the whole Woke Culture and Social Justice movement works against the gospel of Christ.   He is a black former pastor / now church planter and dean of a seminary in Zambia, Africa.  His goal is always to stick to the text of the Bible and his reasoning and articulation are second to none.

Yep. Love the American Gospel movies and Voddie's book and teachings.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed May 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Waiting for lefty cultural pinkos like K Maximum Bullcrap to hurl "token" epithets at VB in three, two, one...
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed May 19, 2021 8:31 pm

I’m curious what his ex-bandmates from DC Talk think of his new belief. 

Could be an awkward reunion for Toby Mac and Michael Tate.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed May 19, 2021 9:10 pm

dude sounds like a total trend follower.... jumping on the culture's band wagon.

Another former evangelical Christian turned secular humanist.... doesn't believe like a Christian, but still acts like one.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Temple of Blood, alldatndensum, TZ75, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed May 19, 2021 10:01 pm

I just realized that the title of this thread sounds like the guy is in a boxing match. Razz
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed May 19, 2021 11:55 pm

The little furball's been TKOd by the truth!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, Constantine and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next