The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

+18
Tobi Elektrik
seth
StevenCressler
scottmitchell74
Superjuice
Son of Nun
Dustofyears
Frozen Fire
Black Rider
crucifyd
ThomasEversole
Wigeon
Temple of Blood
jaydeecrawson
Constantine
Tombie
BaleMaster
TZ75
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

Post by seth Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:35 pm

Black Rider wrote:Trump is a clown and ego maniac and I don't like him but I'll take him over the evil clown show in charge now.
My thoughts exactly
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:37 pm

That wasn't a shot at you personally. And Nope. I don't vote. Never have never will. That whole don't complain thing if you don't vote is a typical normie thing to say. Parrots basically. You think you have a voice lolz. You don't. The leaders of this hot mess of a planet are all lost of their minds, lunatics in charge of the asylum. They love division and they love confusion. They aren't worth a bit of yours or my time or so much as thought. And Trump is still a clown. They all are. Let's not argue over clowns shall we.

Anyhoo I'm not wasting anymore time talking about or getting excited over the likes of trump or politicians. It cute you think Trump cares about you though lolz.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

deathisgain and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:13 pm

I’m remembering why political threads were done away with a long time ago. 🙄
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum, Pethead and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:20 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I’m remembering why political threads were done away with a long time ago. 🙄
I don't mind political discussions but it always seems that it's one side that gets nasty and does all the name-calling and ad hominem attacks.  If it were just a civil discussion or debate, it would not be so bad.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:22 pm

I honestly think it’s both sides that get nasty. It’s one reason I try to stay out.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:42 pm

Pethead wrote:I honestly think it’s both sides that get nasty. It’s one reason I try to stay out.
There's some truth to what you are saying but in my experience it's still not the same.  
I'm on other social media sites, so I might see hundreds of comments a day from either side.   
The levels of vileness, malice, and gaslighting are not the same.  If they were I would say so.
I'll just leave it there for now.

Last edited by Constantine on Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:47 pm

Sorry, I thought you meant this forum specifically. I agree that social media elsewhere has some NASTY folks on the other side.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:48 pm

Constantine wrote:
Pethead wrote:I honestly think it’s both sides that get nasty. It’s one reason I try to stay out.
There's some truth to what you are saying but in my experience it's still not the same.  
I'm on other social media sites so I might see hundreds of comments a day from either side.   
The levels of vileness, malice, and gaslighting are not the same.  I'll just leave it there for now.
Most social media sites are dominated by the left, so they can be as hateful and nasty as they want with no consequences, while right wingers would get banned for merely a fraction of that level of unpleasantness. However, on right-dominated sites, you can sometimes see similar levels of nastiness. Look at the Fox News comment section for example. I’m very much on the right politically, but this is just a fact
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster, Dustofyears and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:48 pm

Pethead wrote:Sorry, I thought you meant this forum specifically. I agree that social media elsewhere has some NASTY folks on the other side.
Oh definitely not just referring to this site.   To sites in general.   It's awful out there...!
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:50 pm

Absolutely. It’s one reason I typically avoid social media.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine, Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:52 pm

seth wrote:

However, on right-dominated sites, you can sometimes see similar levels of nastiness. Look at the Fox News comment section for example. I’m very much on the right politically, but this is just a fact
I would argue that on the conservative side, any nastiness is primarily borne out of frustration and feelings of being powerless, marginalized, targeted, and disenfranchised.  And strong frustrations about perceived injustice and lack of justice.

From the other side, the tenor and tone are very different.

Last edited by Constantine on Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum, BaleMaster, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:53 pm

That still doesn’t excuse the nastiness, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

deathisgain, Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:54 pm

Constantine wrote:
seth wrote:

However, on right-dominated sites, you can sometimes see similar levels of nastiness. Look at the Fox News comment section for example. I’m very much on the right politically, but this is just a fact
I would argue that on the conservative side, any nastiness is primarily borne out of frustration and a feeling of being powerless, marginalized, and disenfranchised.

From the other side, the tenor and tone are very different.
Leftists say exactly the same thing to excuse their behavior
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:58 pm

I'm not excusing so much as explaining what I perceive and hear.  
There is a definite difference in the tone and tenor of the comments.
One is more proportional to feelings of powerlessness.
The other is more akin to a "ha, we have power now and we want to dominate."
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:32 pm

In my experience, they tend to be more about perpetually playing the victim than acting like they’re dominant, although that has changed somewhat since Biden took office
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:42 pm

But then again I haven’t been active on social media for a while, so maybe they’ve grown bolder the longer the Great Orange Threat has been out of office
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:38 pm

Ok, some like Trump and can't stand Biden.

Can we get back to discussing deconstructing the faith?  This thread has been derailed.  Either we get back on topic, or we need to split it into a separate discussion or close it altogether.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:16 pm

Politics and fighting over crazy old men who could care less about anyone except themselves...couldn't think of a more snooze fest topic.

moving on—>
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:40 pm

The lesson to be learned is that when you let political/social ideology determine your theology, instead of vice versa, you will end up following a false god. It appears this is what happened with Kevin Max
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:15 pm

What probably pushed KMax over the edge was when his daughter "came out."  This sounds similar to Bishop Pike, decades ago, who abandoned the faith when his son died in an accident.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:01 pm

The fact that this got disliked kinda proves my point. If you can’t see it in your side you aren’t looking.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:08 pm

BaleMaster wrote:What probably pushed KMax over the edge was when his daughter "came out."  This sounds similar to Bishop Pike, decades ago, who abandoned the faith when his son died in an accident.
Probably a good guess, sadly. For many people who apostatize, they mention LGBTQ. I’m sure it’s even more of a factor when it’s a family member.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine, BaleMaster and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:12 pm

Young people are conditioned nowadays to believe if their parents don’t fully accept whatever lifestyles or “self identities” they follow, then those parents are evil and should be disowned. And parents are likewise conditioned to believe the proper way to love their children is to celebrate these lifestyles/identities. He may well have gone off the deep end to prevent his daughter from turning against him, or because he was led to believe it was the only way for him to love her
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:17 pm

We also have the phenomenon of people claiming to be biblical Christians and yet affirming or engaging in those lifestyles. Which is another form of apostasy.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:22 pm

Yeah and like I said I think the reason we see that is social conditioning. Because, without the indoctrination, the whole LGBT movement is simply contrary to common sense itself. But if the public is collectively gaslighted (gaslit?) into believing their common sense is hateful and bigoted, then a lot of people will start complimenting the emperor’s beautiful new clothes. Even some nominal Christians, or Christians who are weak in their faith. Which is exactly what we’re seeing
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next