The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

+18
Tobi Elektrik
seth
StevenCressler
scottmitchell74
Superjuice
Son of Nun
Dustofyears
Frozen Fire
Black Rider
crucifyd
ThomasEversole
Wigeon
Temple of Blood
jaydeecrawson
Constantine
Tombie
BaleMaster
TZ75
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

Post by Dustofyears Sun May 23, 2021 10:17 pm

Constantine wrote:I realize we are not supposed to get into political discussions here any longer, but since this thread is here I want to say that I am getting very tired of pastors, churches, and (supposed) Christians embracing Woke culture and then pushing it down everyone's throat.  It's very unbiblical ideology and it is leading many astray.
Most churches change with the times I have noticed.  Once the more charismatic style churches and television evangelists were preaching self help through the bible, because self help books were big at that time.  It was all about the indiviadual with a little bit of, how can you help then God!  before that it was all about everything being evil (fear being the underlying theme) and now we have the woke word preached in all its glory.

I am and never will be a christian or affiliated with any religion.  And the woke mindset the world is drowning in is quite frankly, sickening.  That's just me.  However, I agree with Constantine's statement. If you believe god nor his word ever changes throughout the stretch of time then it should never be measured or matched with humanistic ideologies (or humanism as you call it). But churches follow trends like anyone else and it all comes down to the base foundation of humanity--survival.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin Max from DC Talk takes a “hard left”.

Post by Tombie Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 am

Dustofyears wrote:
Constantine wrote:I realize we are not supposed to get into political discussions here any longer, but since this thread is here I want to say that I am getting very tired of pastors, churches, and (supposed) Christians embracing Woke culture and then pushing it down everyone's throat.  It's very unbiblical ideology and it is leading many astray.
Most churches change with the times I have noticed.  Once the more charismatic style churches and television evangelists were preaching self help through the bible, because self help books were big at that time.  It was all about the indiviadual with a little bit of, how can you help then God!  before that it was all about everything being evil (fear being the underlying theme) and now we have the woke word preached in all its glory.

I am and never will be a christian or affiliated with any religion.  And the woke mindset the world is drowning in is quite frankly, sickening.  That's just me.  However, I agree with Constantine's statement. If you believe god nor his word ever changes throughout the stretch of time then it should never be measured or matched with humanistic ideologies (or humanism as you call it). But churches follow trends like anyone else and it all comes down to the base foundation of humanity--survival.
It's amazing that even a non Christian can see what's going on where most Christians cannot... It blows me away that more are not seeing this. But... the Bible does say that there will be a GREAT falling away.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Andreas89, BaleMaster, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon May 24, 2021 10:33 am

"The Spirit says EXPRESSLY that many will depart from the faith."  

We're there, folks.

Buckle up.

It's going to be a bumpy ride.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Tombie, Louder, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Tue May 25, 2021 1:43 am

Dustofyears wrote:churches follow trends like anyone else

That idea is very strange to me as an Orthodox Christian convert, though I do have some past experience with it that helped propel my journey. I noticed the divide between the "mainline" Protestants with a more progressive bent and the more conservative Evangelical Protestants before I was even a Christian. Even though I was a little more susceptible to the progressive ideas in my early twenties, I knew instinctively that many beliefs and practices in the progressive groups were not authentic to Christianity and it was pretty clear they needed to choose one side or the other. Because I was drawn to liturgy and the arguments for liturgical worship, I briefly sojourned in a conservative Anglican church (ACNA), but realized that even there we were not free from these agitating questions (female priests, etc.) One of the reasons I was drawn to the Orthodox Church (aside, obviously, from believing it to be the authentic Church) is that I knew that these debates were pretty much nonexistent and that it would always stand firm in conservative, traditional Christian belief, practice, and morality. I feel for the conservative Protestants who are dealing with denominational splits and all sorts of strife from this secular humanist nonsense.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

jaydeecrawson, mothy, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue May 25, 2021 11:51 am

It all started with The Ragamuffin Gospel and Tony Campolo and some guy named McLaren which led to the emergent church.  I used to see Campolo as a modern pillar of the faith, now, I just see him as a shill.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm

good points Son of Nun

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:55 am

I wonder if these people never really believed? What happens?

I appreciate this place because it's one of a number of places/ways to strengthen my faith.

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:45 am

Wigeon wrote:I don't see anything in that article about him not being a Christian any more. In fact, I assume that the term "exvangelical" may have something to do with distancing himself from "Evangelicals" that still have unwavering support for Trump, Trumpism, and the Republican party at all costs. If that is what exvangelical means, then I too am exvangelical and in my opinion most true followers of Christ and his teachings should be as well. (puts up shield, ready for the stones to be thrown).
5 might be the most dislikes I've ever seen on a comment on here
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

BaleMaster and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:15 am

There’s obviously a lot more going on with him than simply not liking Trump. “Deconstructing” is a synonym for “destroying,” and when used in this context it pretty much means destroying your faith and replacing it with worldly ideology with a “Christian flavor.” In Kevin’s case, it involved going full woke “progressive,” but the political right is often guilty of the same thing (which is what I assume Wigeon means about people who idolize Trump).
One of the major things that stands out to me about his statements is that he seems to have invented his own Jesus (called the “universal Christ” whatever that means), who is constructed by twisting cherry-picked aspects of the real Jesus to make Him appear to align with secular progressivism.

Ironically, “deconstructing” your ideology and theology can be a good thing, IF the right things are deconstructed. We should deconstruct (aka tear down and destroy) any aspect of our theology that is influenced by worldly ideologies and politics, any false Christs we have created in our head, to make way for the true Christ as described in God’s Word. Sadly, Kevin Max appears to have done the opposite.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

deathisgain, Fundy, Pethead, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:19 am

Ha forgot about that old post. Must've been an extra bitter day for me lolz.

Anyhoo...

I'm curious why people worship these leaders called politicians. They get furious over these "elite" deranged world leaders that could care less about them and who do nothing but cause division. They all suck. It doesn't matter who's in charge. Humans never seem to learn. 

Trump could care less about any of you. He cares about his ego. Joe is sleepy and trump's a power trippin' clown that seems to have many under his spell for some reason...The day everyone stops voting is the day the world might change into something new.

People are hilarious lolz. It's funny to be human.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

deathisgain, Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:51 am

It's always interesting to see how people are suddenly looked down on when they no longer fit into a more traditional image of Christianity. Sure, you can consider certain philosophical, religious and social convictions to be wrong and perhaps be sad that such a person no longer shares a similar/same world view. But people evolve. Perspectives change.
But maybe that's just natural. Natural because people who convert to the Christian faith are often labelled as idiots by those around them. Why shouldn't it be the same the other way round? Why shouldn't people who are suddenly interested in gay rights, who stand up for minority rights, who are simply interested in tolerant treatment of people who are always kept down, devalued and marginalised in a Christian context, simply be treated like idiots?
It's simply fair play. Equal condemnation on all sides.

But perhaps another thing also plays a role: the personal heroes of the Jesus cult (according to the self-image of some people here, it seems to be an absolute antithesis to the woke cult, so perhaps "Jesus cult" is a better term than just "Christianity") always pretend that only Jesus is their hero. But secretly they also like to elevate artists to the status of their heroes, and it hits them particularly hard when these heroes suddenly move away from their shared world view. Even worse: when they see it as a progression. That leaves you feeling backward and abandoned by your idol.

Oh... at that moment, the doorbell rings. Looks like Roger Martinez is entering the room...
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:59 am

The intertwining of the faith with GOP politics has long been a problem. I also agree that simply being “anti-woke” is not the same thing as being biblical.

However, at what point can someone abandon/“redefine” essential elements of the faith before we no longer consider them Christian? Christianity means something; if we jettison everything it means it’s no longer Christianity.

For example, Dust is not a Christian. But he doesn’t claim to be. He doesn’t redefine Christianity to mean something else and then claim it.

PS: Dust, I hope you don’t mind me using you as an example. I don’t mean any offense by it.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:28 am

Tobi Elektrik wrote:It's always interesting to see how people are suddenly looked down on when they no longer fit into a more traditional image of Christianity. Sure, you can consider certain philosophical, religious and social convictions to be wrong and perhaps be sad that such a person no longer shares a similar/same world view. But people evolve. Perspectives change.
But maybe that's just natural. Natural because people who convert to the Christian faith are often labelled as idiots by those around them. Why shouldn't it be the same the other way round? Why shouldn't people who are suddenly interested in gay rights, who stand up for minority rights, who are simply interested in tolerant treatment of people who are always kept down, devalued and marginalised in a Christian context, simply be treated like idiots?

But perhaps another thing also plays a role: the personal heroes of the Jesus cult (according to the self-image of some people here, it seems to be an absolute antithesis to the woke cult, so perhaps "Jesus cult" is a better term than just "Christianity") always pretend that only Jesus is their hero. But secretly they also like to elevate artists to the status of their heroes, and it hits them particularly hard when these heroes suddenly move away from their shared world view. Even worse: when they see it as a progression. That leaves you feeling backward and abandoned by your idol.

Oh... at that moment, the doorbell rings. Looks like Roger Martinez is entering the room...
If by traditional you mean Biblical then we should question it. He seems to be following a different Jesus than the one of the Bible.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:32 am

Quick! Everyone hold hands and do the Care Bear Stare!!

C'mon gang, if we virtue signal hard enough we can make the world a utopia!

Join in and let's progress right off a cliff in a cultural suicide pact because we must protect the emotionally incontinent and the perpetually offended!

flower
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:37 am

Christians can and should have political thoughts and opinions. For better or worse we currently have by default a two-party system, so we all try to find or get representation of our views in one party or the other.

Candidate #1 - Supports and/or won't do anything about a southern invasion of illegals, supports non-Biblical sexual perversion, supports the mutilation of children and calls it "care." Supports the murder of unborn humans. Also is not at all bullish on 2A rights and ofen covertly and sometimes overtly threatens them. Would/will appoint those to the Supreme Court who would support those above stances.

Candidate #2 -  Pretty much the polar opposite.  Need quick and easy proof? He absolutely came through with his appointments to the Supreme Court.

The left loves to say those of us who vote for Trump love him or are in a "Trump cult." Nonsense! We simply see a guy who stands up against so much of what we detest.

Also, I've long been done being lectured to by people who support the alphabet perversions, baby murdering, erosions of constitutional rights, and active support for anti-white (and anti-asian) actions or policies.  I have ZERO problems stating that I do have the moral high-ground on these issues.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Temple of Blood, alldatndensum, Constantine, BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:19 am

Pethead wrote:The intertwining of the faith with GOP politics has long been a problem. I also agree that simply being “anti-woke” is not the same thing as being biblical.

However, at what point can someone abandon/“redefine” essential elements of the faith before we no longer consider them Christian? Christianity means something; if we jettison everything it means it’s no longer Christianity.

For example, Dust is not a Christian. But he doesn’t claim to be. He doesn’t redefine Christianity to mean something else and then claim it.

PS: Dust, I hope you don’t mind me using you as an example. I don’t mean any offense by it.
 That's true enough Pethead. All good.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:28 am

Tobi Elektrik wrote:It's always interesting to see how people are suddenly looked down on when they no longer fit into a more traditional image of Christianity. Sure, you can consider certain philosophical, religious and social convictions to be wrong and perhaps be sad that such a person no longer shares a similar/same world view. But people evolve. Perspectives change.

I don’t think being disappointed if someone you respect abandons their faith means you idolize that person. Nor does it mean you look down on that person or treat them like an idiot. But it is important to recognize the truth, and the fact that many aspects of modern progressivism are directly contradictory with the word of God. Truth is objective, and when “evolving your perspective” includes believing lies, that is a problem.
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, Pethead, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:Christians can and should have political thoughts and opinions. For better or worse we currently have by default a two-party system, so we all try to find or get representation of our views in one party or the other.

Candidate #1 - Supports and/or won't do anything about a southern invasion of illegals, supports non-Biblical sexual perversion, supports the mutilation of children and calls it "care." Supports the murder of unborn humans. Also is not at all bullish on 2A rights and ofen covertly and sometimes overtly threatens them. Would/will appoint those to the Supreme Court who would support those above stances.

Candidate #2 -  Pretty much the polar opposite.  Need quick and easy proof? He absolutely came through with his appointments to the Supreme Court.

The left loves to say those of us who vote for Trump love him or are in a "Trump cult." Nonsense! We simply see a guy who stands up against so much of what we detest.

Also, I've long been done being lectured to by people who support the alphabet perversions, baby murdering, erosions of constitutional rights, and active support for anti-white (and anti-asian) actions or policies.  I have ZERO problems stating that I do have the moral high-ground on these issues.
I agree that Trump is certainly the lesser of two evils between the two presidential candidates. But I do think a lot of his supporters elevate him to cult leader-like status, I have seen it first hand. While, like I said, his political policies are certainly better than the alternative, the dude is not exactly a model of mental stability, humility, or Christian values in general. And even if he was, we shouldn’t ever put our hope in politicians
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

deathisgain, Pethead, Dustofyears, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:37 am

Dustofyears wrote:Ha forgot about that old post. Must've been an extra bitter day for me lolz.

Anyhoo...

I'm curious why people worship these leaders called politicians. They get furious over these "elite" deranged world leaders that could care less about them and who do nothing but cause division. They all suck. It doesn't matter who's in charge. Humans never seem to learn. 

Trump could care less about any of you. He cares about his ego. Joe is sleepy and trump's a power trippin' clown that seems to have many under his spell for some reason...The day everyone stops voting is the day the world might change into something new.

People are hilarious lolz. It's funny to be human.
Agree except for the “stop voting” statement. Even if the system sucks and its leaders suck, I still think it’s important to do “damage control” and vote for the person you think would do the least damage to the country
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, alldatndensum, BaleMaster, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:03 pm

seth wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:Christians can and should have political thoughts and opinions. For better or worse we currently have by default a two-party system, so we all try to find or get representation of our views in one party or the other.

I agree that Trump is certainly the lesser of two evils between the two presidential candidates. But I do think a lot of his supporters elevate him to cult leader-like status, I have seen it first hand. While, like I said, his political policies are certainly better than the alternative, the dude is not exactly a model of mental stability, humility, or Christian values in general. And even if he was, we shouldn’t ever put our hope in politicians
Tbh... I tend to think of Trump less as "presidential candidate" and more "fat orange man"
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:10 pm

Trump is a clown and his radical soy boy religious followers are absolute muppets.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:12 pm

Egotistical fat orange man vs DNC puppet with dementia…American politics in a nutshell lol
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:15 pm

You’ve all convinced me. It’s time to throw my hat in the ring.

PRESIDENT PETHEAD 2024
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Kerrick, Dustofyears, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:28 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Trump is a clown and his radical soy boy religious followers are absolute muppets.
Do you vote? If so, defend your choice.

If you don't vote you're a coward and shouldn't complain about anything. 

Oh, yeah. Ad-hominem makes your position infinitely weaker. 

YOU AND YOUR ILK created so-called MAGA. Trump is a response from people tired of being told the World's evil is "love and kindness" and tired of being told not to believe our own eyes.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, alldatndensum, Constantine, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:31 pm

Trump is a clown and ego maniac and I don't like him but I'll take him over the evil clown show in charge now.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster, scottmitchell74, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next