The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot takes.

+27
strangerhoncho
average joe
deathisgain
Fundy
Second Wind
Soldier777
WildWorld
Frozen Fire
Constantine
BaleMaster
Raegoul
Airola
Kerrick
Temple of Blood
Ammocas
TZ75
Dustofyears
crucifyd
Son of Nun
StevenCressler
MagnusPrime
scottmitchell74
seth
Follower of Jesus
Pethead
CrimsonWarrior
Black Rider
31 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Hot takes. - Page 12 Empty Re: Hot takes.

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:18 pm

That Amorphis album is great.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:18 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Get the impression you're not into much secular music but if you don't mind it and haven't heard Amorphis: Tales from the thousand Lakes album, give it a go you might like it. I'd so it pretty Christian friendly, no anti god or Satanic themes etc. It's a classic.
I actually have listened to some Amorphis, like their song Battle for Light
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:20 pm

Black Rider wrote:Okay but they have melody. Just say you don't like it. 😆
All music technically has melody or it wouldn't be classified as music. But Seth means sweet harmonies and melodies etc. Like Pethead said, maiden meets death metal is pretty much melodeth unless its Swedish. Think Carcass heart works album brought the term melodeth or melodic metal onto the playing field of death metal.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:20 pm

Very little, compared to other types of music. I get that it takes way more talent than the likes of hip hop, but imo it’s lacking in one of music’s two core components (rhythm and melody)
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:22 pm

Pethead wrote:That Amorphis album is great.
yeah I forgot to put it on my imaginary top 15 list which changes all the time anyway lolz. But that album has been a mainstay for me since I had the pleasure to hear it.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:23 pm

Heartwork is a great album, although some of the lyrics kill it for me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:26 pm

That' Amorphis is great. Dark Tranquility is my main go to for Melodeath.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:41 pm

Wintersun is my favorite melodeath by a long shot
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:42 pm

They're first album is crazy good.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:45 pm

The Forest Seasons too. I know that album seems to get a lot of hate, but imo their two best songs are on it
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:52 pm

It was a little inconsistent but has good songs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:48 am

seth wrote:Although I admit I like A Secret Ending for some reason, even though their style is very far from what I normally like
Yeah, because aren't they deathcore? You know, your two absolute favorite genres combined?
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:51 am

seth wrote:
Very little, compared to other types of music. I get that it takes way more talent than the likes of hip hop, but imo it’s lacking in one of music’s two core components (rhythm and melody)
Okay, melody I can get. Not much of that. But rythm? Good death metal 100% has rythm. Just look at the pre-chorus to Morty's Journey to Reconciliation.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:52 am

StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:Although I admit I like A Secret Ending for some reason, even though their style is very far from what I normally like
Yeah, because aren't they deathcore? You know, your two absolute favorite genres combined?
I guess, they’re usually described as “symphonic deathcore,” although they sound significantly different than any other deathcore i’ve heard. Maybe like a combination of deathcore, regular death metal and maybe some thrash? Not really sure exactly what category they would fit in

Last edited by seth on Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:53 am

StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:
Okay, melody I can get. Not much of that. But rythm? Good death metal 100% has rythm. Just look at the pre-chorus to Morty's Journey to Reconciliation.
Probably could have phrased that better, but I meant it’s lacking only one of the two components (melody), but not lacking rhythm
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:06 am

seth wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:
Probably could have phrased that better, but I meant it’s lacking only one of the two components (melody), but not lacking rhythm
Okay, now I get what you're saying.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:25 am

seth wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:
Death metal is not actually lacking the component of melody. If someone plays a note and follows it with another note etc, no matter how slow or fast, technically that is still a melody. Even garbage like most of the variations of grind has melody, believe it or not. However, if they are staying on one note and there are no subsequent pedal tones (other notes over the drone of the one note) shifting under it, then there is no melody. So death metal does not lack that component b/c it is moving from note to note probably more so than most music.

Cannibal corpse, scrolls etc all have melody and harmony. Two notes or more played together is a harmony of one kind or another, be it ugly be it sweet. What pure death metal lacks for the most part is mellifluous (sweet sounding) melodies and harmonies. That's what good death metal it is all about, being Brutal and cold.

Sorry for writing a book but I just wanted to make that clear.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:42 am

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:
Death metal is not actually lacking the component of melody. If someone plays a note and follows it with another note etc, no matter how slow or fast, technically that is still a melody. Even garbage like most of the variations of grind has melody, believe it or not. However, if they are staying on one note and there are no subsequent pedal tones (other notes over the drone of the one note) shifting under it, then there is no melody. So death metal does not lack that component b/c it is moving from note to note probably more so than most music.

Cannibal corpse, scrolls etc all have melody and harmony. Two notes or more played together is a harmony of one kind or another, be it ugly be it sweet. What pure death metal lacks for the most part is mellifluous (sweet sounding) melodies and harmonies. That's what good death metal it is all about, being Brutal and cold.

That's all well and good but..

Have you considered the ramifications of the syncopated appropriations, which given time to facilitate the ambiguity of the consternation, will decimate the approximate insulation required to exacerbate the infatuation?

Didn't think so.

horatio2
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:19 am

Lyrics matter in metal and can make or break a song just as much as music. No matter how good the music is no song will ever take the #1 spot from One unless it has great lyrics.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:26 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
seth wrote:

Have you considered the ramifications of the syncopated appropriations, which given time to facilitate the ambiguity of the consternation, will decimate the approximate insulation required to exacerbate the infatuation?

Didn't think so.

horatio2
I see... very well...

...By reason of respite, and by way of a frosted window, I stood in the solace of my study upon quiet reflection and allowed  these banal deliberations to stir in the quietude of my own, dreary thoughts. For I assure you and my esteemed colleagues, I have indeed left no stone unturned, and with utmost reverie of the kind that strikes only in light of day, have considered these inquires that so unman you.

Now... time for a little Domaine de la Romanee-Coti and the soothing fancies of Johan Sebastian Bach's resplendent and transcendent, Brandenburg concertos.

Good day
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:39 am

Dustofyears wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Didn't think so.

horatio2
I see... very well...

...By reason of respite, and by way of a frosted window, I stood in the solace of my study upon quiet reflection and allowed  these banal deliberations to stir in the quietude of my own, dreary thoughts. For I assure you and my esteemed colleagues, I have indeed left no stone unturned, and with utmost reverie of the kind that strikes only in light of day, have considered these inquires that so unman you.

Now... time for a little Domaine de la Romanee-Coti and the soothing fancies of Johan Sebastian Bach's resplendent and transcendent, Brandenburg concertos.

Good day

I say! My word! See here!

Do not assume to act so resplendent in your arbitrary convulsions! The matter is clearly agitated by the propagation of the itinerary, woefully induced by the hypocrisy of the cause du jour, which is - if I may be so bold - quite the petulant leap!

That's that and a tip o' the hat to you, good sir!

Emoticon___PWNED
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:45 am

Hot takes. - Page 12 1f60b  Thumbs up
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:53 am

Assimilation is the best Deliverance album.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:02 am

Is that the one with J Sherlock on drums... actually might go check it out now.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:41 am

Fundy wrote:Assimilation is the best Deliverance album.
Wait... Someone else agrees with me?!
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next