The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

+14
WildWorld
L8T
Follower of Jesus
Temple of Blood
Kerrick
seth
Dustofyears
Superjuice
MagnusPrime
Constantine
StevenCressler
TZ75
Black Rider
Pethead
18 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Favorite on Kill ‘Em All?

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap21%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap21%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap32%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

Post by seth Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:01 am

People will try to read deep meaning into pretty much any incomprehensible lyrics, but I think we just need to accept that a lot of lyrics from popular bands are merely the artists’ drug-addled ramblings. Nirvana is the prime example of this
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

Post by seth Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:04 am

Superjuice wrote:This gives me an excuse for a rant:

I don't hate Nirvana, but 'Heart Shaped Box' is the most unappealing song I've ever heard on MTV or radio.  And that's saying something.  It's a lot of morose mumbling followed by some screaming over a disharmonic riff.  It's an anti-melodic experience that creates a dreary and murky (un)musical landscape.  I just think "who actually likes this stuff?  Oh, I know, some strung out junkie..."  Not mention it contains a guitar solo that <gasp> plays the main verse over in a higher key like most of Cobain's solos. 

As overplayed as they are, I do like most of Nirvana's other songs, but I have no desire to seek them out.  And Heart Shaped Box makes me wanna take up 'cutting' with glass shards as a hobby.
Lol that’s how I feel about all Nirvana songs I’ve heard
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:14 am

And yeah I’ll admit some Christian metal lyrics can go the opposite direction and be simplistically silly (“better than pot, Jesus rocks” comes to mind) but I’ll still take that over whatever the heck was going on in Cobain’s mind
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:43 am

That's the spirit

jamaritard
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:15 am

I don't hate Nirvana, but 'Heart Shaped Box' is the most unappealing song I've ever heard on MTV or radio.  And that's saying something.  It's a lot of morose mumbling followed by some screaming over a disharmonic riff.  It's an anti-melodic experience that creates a dreary and murky (un)musical landscape.  I just think "who actually likes this stuff?  Oh, I know, some strung out junkie..."  Not mention it contains a guitar solo that <gasp> plays the main verse over in a higher key like most of Cobain's solos. 

As overplayed as they are, I do like most of Nirvana's other songs, but I have no desire to seek them out.  And Heart Shaped Box makes me wanna take up 'cutting' with glass shards as a hobby.
I like that song...
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:40 am

StevenCressler wrote:

I like that song...
it's a great song and very melodic. Nirvana are The Beatles in disguise. Under all that yelling and noise lies pop hooks galore. That's what Nirvana did, hide the prettiness away. Superjuice is yet another one who has not really listened to Nirvana and only knows the hits. I can tell. This is very typical of metalheads.  Heart shape box is very "melodic" and a cleverly written tune. GEt out those cotton buds Joe, it's a time for an ear cleaning.

Also Kurt himself said the lyrics mean nothing. But Kurt always liked to play and contradict and play with the media and his fans lolz. Complex character. However, if or not they mean anything is besides the point, and like it or not,  The guy could jam words together that floated on top of the organizied chaos that was his guitar and voice.
But you know...Stryper Rolling Eyes
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:54 am

I’ll admit I’ve heard one song recorded by nirvana I thought was ok, and that was their cover of David Bowie’s “The Man who Sold the World”
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:25 am

seth wrote:I’ll admit I’ve heard one song recorded by nirvana I thought was ok, and that was their cover of David Bowie’s “The Man who Sold the World”
It's a haunting rendition of the song. Listen to Chris's bass lines on that tune by the way, awesome. Nirvana unplugged is when all the organized chaos has been stripped away and all that's left are the naked pop hooks that lie beneath, exposed in the light of day and out to shine.

What was this thread about again...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:22 am

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:I’ll admit I’ve heard one song recorded by nirvana I thought was ok, and that was their cover of David Bowie’s “The Man who Sold the World”
It's a haunting rendition of the song. Listen to Chris's bass lines on that tune by the way, awesome. Nirvana unplugged is when all the organized chaos has been stripped away and all that's left are the naked pop hooks that lie beneath, exposed in the light of day and out to shine.

What was this thread about again...
This is what I was talking about when I mentioned how branch-y these threads tend to be
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:56 am

So what's all this Nirvana Business leading to...

Well, what I am really getting at, is, that Metallica's Jump in the fire is really a bouncy pop song in disguise.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:56 am

Dustofyears wrote:So what's all this Nirvana Business leading to...

Well, what I am really getting at, is, that Metallica's Jump in the fire is really a bouncy pop song in disguise.
The demo of Jump in the Fire has very "glam" style vocals (almost Vince Neil-like)

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:12 am

Dustofyears wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

I like that song...
it's a great song and very melodic. Nirvana are The Beatles in disguise. Under all that yelling and noise lies pop hooks galore. That's what Nirvana did, hide the prettiness away. Superjuice is yet another one who has not really listened to Nirvana and only knows the hits. I can tell. This is very typical of metalheads.  Heart shape box is very "melodic" and a cleverly written tune. GEt out those cotton buds Joe, it's a time for an ear cleaning.

Also Kurt himself said the lyrics mean nothing. But Kurt always liked to play and contradict and play with the media and his fans lolz. Complex character. However, if or not they mean anything is besides the point, and like it or not,  The guy could jam words together that floated on top of the organizied chaos that was his guitar and voice.
But you know...Stryper Rolling Eyes
Or maybe we don't like minor chord dissonance with a bunch of drug addled whining that appealing. I've heard more than the hits many times so you can keep saying we don't know but it's not true.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:25 am

Pethead wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:That doesn't surprise me coming from a metalhead. Most people into metal think that about Nirvana and the vast majority of "grunge" bands I have noticed, unless it's Alice in chains (the safe grunge band for the metalhead to enjoy should they so choose). Nirvana were an incredible band for so many reasons, and Kurt was the John Lennon of his generation and really good and overlooked Guitarist. Anyhoo I'm just shooting the breeze, another man's opinion is nor here nor there.

Happy new year by the way.
Comparing Kurt to Lennon is like comparing Bill Murray in Space Jam to prime Michael Jordan.

I have wide taste in music. Nirvana was mediocre.

TRUTH

(I personally think Kurt was better than that but in NO WAY is that band even close to The Beatles in terms of talent)
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:26 am

That’s fair, I was exaggerating a bit. I’ll say it’s like comparing LeFlop James to prime MJ.  Razz
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:27 am

Ah yes...the Black rider!

Let me correct you. There have been, in my humble opinion, a few accounts here already, of people who have judged passed on a few radio songs. YOU, don't speak for the majority which do exactly that. A better way to phrase your complaint would be to say I don't like....etc

We crystal  tarddance tarddance
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:28 am

I used to have Bleach, Nevermind, In Utero, and MTV Unplugged.

I stand by my assessment. They weren’t terrible, but they were mediocre.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:30 am

I don't hate Nirvana, but 'Heart Shaped Box' is the most unappealing song I've ever heard on MTV or radio.  

Nah, I think it's better than:
That Candlebox song that says "May-beh" and "Bay-beh" about 349 times
"Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows
It's been a while by Staind
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:31 am

DoY, which Beatles albums have you heard in their entirety?
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:31 am

All of them every single last one of them. Own them all.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:34 am

Dustofyears wrote:Ah yes...the Black rider!

Let me correct you. There have been, in my humble opinion, a few accounts here already, of people who have judged passed on a few radio songs. YOU, don't speak for the majority which do exactly that. A better way to phrase your complaint would be to say I don't like....etc

What? This makes as much sense as Nirvana lyrics. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:36 am

Dustofyears wrote:All of them every single last one of them. Own them all.

Well, I have heard the 2 Nirvana albums and thought the second one was mostly garbage.  The first one was really good for what it was and was produced really well too.  I didn't think it was mind blowing but for fans of that style I can see why they loved it.

I don't see how any of it can compare to what the Beatles accomplished, to their talent, or their versatility.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:41 am

Black Rider wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Ah yes...the Black rider!

What? This makes as much sense as Nirvana lyrics. 😆
Yes... it does let me break it down slowly for you
"
You used the collective pronoun "WE" when you should of used the Singular pronoun "I" thus by doing so automatically claiming everyone else thinks like you and have listened to more than the hits just like YOU. What is most metal if it is not dissonant intervals and minor chords...

If you don;t like those things then why are you listening to metal...

We crystal now or would you like further elaboration... tarddance
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:51 am

Like you don't write in definitives. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:All of them every single last one of them. Own them all.

Well, I have heard the 2 Nirvana albums and thought the second one was mostly garbage.  The first one was really good for what it was and was produced really well too.  I didn't think it was mind blowing but for fans of that style I can see why they loved it.

I don't see how any of it can compare to what the Beatles accomplished, to their talent, or their versatility.
I said the Beatles of their generation. Kurt wrote pop songs with hooks but added his punk ethics into the mix to disguise the songs. He loved the beatles. A couple of examples are About a girl, an absolute beatles song had been slightly more up temp and happy with a few hand claps it would've made it on a hard days night album. All apologies/Norwegian wood etc and it goes on
. Kurt wrote pop songs as if it was as easy as pulling grass from the ground.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:52 am

Black Rider wrote:Like you don't write in definitives. 😆
Rolling Eyes I tried...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next