The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite and least favorite Vengeance Rising song per album

+3
Lex Metalis
Dustofyears
Pethead
7 posters

Go down

Favorite and least favorite Vengeance Rising song per album Empty Favorite and least favorite Vengeance Rising song per album

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:01 pm

I don’t feel like creating 4 separate threads, so I’m just gonna combine them all into one.

Let’s ring in the New Year by listing our favorite and least favorite Vengeance Rising tunes per album!

Human Sacrifice:
Favorite: White Throne, although Fatal Delay probably has my favorite riff on the album.
Least Favorite: not counting the short songs, I’ll go with Fill This Place with Blood. I like it, but it’s less of a standout to me.

Once Dead:
Favorite: Warfare. Gets me pumped up every time. Runner-up is Can’t Get Out.
Least Favorite: Not counting Interruption, easily Out of the Will.

Destruction Comes:
Favorite: You Will Bow, which was the last track from the album on the old KMG copy I had.
Least favorite: not counting Hyde under Pressure (RIP), Raegoul. No offense to our fellow CMR member, but the song, while interesting, just goes on too long.

Released upon the Earth:
Favorite: Bishop of Souls. Gets stuck in my head.
Least favorite: You Will Be Hated. I like it, but it stands out less to me.

Go for it!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite and least favorite Vengeance Rising song per album Empty Re: Favorite and least favorite Vengeance Rising song per album

Post by Dustofyears Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:03 am

Wow honestly I'd have to listen to the albums through. I could go Human sacrifice, white throne or I love hating evil (awesome dark and heavy riffage on that one). least favorite -yeah would have to give it a catch up listen (all of them albums really).

I know on released my favorite probably Judas and the thief and help me. You will be hated and T.I.O.N, while I don't hate them, are pretty average run of the mill through and through (for me that is).

Also, I did not know Destruction comes had a different track listing... interesting
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite and least favorite Vengeance Rising song per album Empty Re: Favorite and least favorite Vengeance Rising song per album

Post by Lex Metalis Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:16 am

Human Sacrifice:
👍 Human Sacrifice
👎 Beheaded (I love the whole record, but I need to pick one song, right? 😂)

Once Dead:
👍 Warfare
👎 Into The Abusa or Out Of Will

Destruction Comes:
👍 Before The Time
👎 Raegul

Release Upon The Earth:
👍 Release Upon The Earth 
👎 Help Me (Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only Hope ... ok, sorry for the lame joke)
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:17 am

You have to think of Raegoul more like an ambient track. Same with Thanatos. 

On topic, sorry but this is too hard. I like basically all four albums front to end, they are bona fide classic masterpieces back from an area where (some) albums had coherent thought through concepts. 

There are still efforts like these but in the spotify era the individual tracks are more important as the tracks will end up on playlists and people rarely take the time to sit through an album.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:08 pm

Human Sacrifice:
Favorite: From The Dead
Least: Mulligan Stew

Once Dead:
Favorite: The Whipping Post
Least: Among The Dead

Destruction Comes:
Favorite: You Will Bow
Least: Raegoul

Released Upon The Earth:
Favorite: Lest You Be Judged
Least: Help Me
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:09 pm

Now here's a thread I can contribute to!

Human Sacrifice: One of my favourite album of all time!
Fav: White Throne
Least: Mulligan Stew (this was my intro to VR as it was on TELGT, but it's never impressed me)

Once Dead: my favourite VR album
Fav: Into the Abyss (although Wafare was my fav for many years)
Least: Among the Dead

Destruction Comes: I don't enjoy this album very much, but now that I'm re-listening to it to I'm inspired to spin it again!
Fav: Before The Time
Least: Countless Corpses - it's on Anthology and I think I just listened to it to many times

Released Upon the Earth: I'm least familiar with this album, as my Christian bookstore didn't have it in stock when I was younger so I didn't purchase it until 10 years later or so. So don't take my choices on this too seriously
Fav: Instruments of Death, Bishop of Souls or You Will Be Hated (the 3 RUtE songs on Anthology)
Least: Human Dark Potential
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:54 pm

I'm going on Strike man! Evil or Very Mad You can't do that to Raegoul! It's an amazing song! It's not too long! It's meant to be hypnotic and dark... I'm MAD!!!!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

eatbugs, Pethead, Raegoul and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:50 pm

Threads like these are unendingly fascinating to me, and part of what keeps me coming back to the boards after all of these years. We're here, specifically on this thread, because we all listen to and love VR. So we're the same on that, right? And then somehow my favorite song is somebody else's LEAST favorite song? But then the next album we have the same favorite? It's dumb things like that which I find so crazy. We're so dissimilar in our similarities. Just interesting to me.

Human Sacrifice:
Favorite: Obviously chock full of classics, I could be happy with any of about 6. Mulligan's Stew was their first one I could stomach and brought me into the world of harsh vocals, so I'll take it.
Least: Burn. I don't think it's been mentioned, but it seems like a classic/favorite of so many. I've never gotten it.

Once Dead
Favorite: Could be just about any, for real, stunningly consistently awesome album. But if it's forced choice I take Out of the Will. Which I cannot deal with seeing as a least favorite. . . twice?
Least Favorite: Among the Dead, not a bad song but I don't like the vocal departure at all

Destruction Comes
Favorite: Before the Time -- the one track on here that really hits
Least Favorite: I'm going to lump in You Can't Stop It, The Rising, The Sword, he don't own nothing, and Countless Corpses as all the same song. I might have one or two in there that don't belong, but I'm not going back through to double check.

Released Upon the Earth
Favorite: Human Dark Potential -- so pummeling
Least: idk, Instruments of Death maybe? or Released ut Earth maybe? Or You Will be Hated maybe? Or Damnation/Salvation maybe? They're all fine, but not highlights.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down