The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

+14
WildWorld
L8T
Follower of Jesus
Temple of Blood
Kerrick
seth
Dustofyears
Superjuice
MagnusPrime
Constantine
StevenCressler
TZ75
Black Rider
Pethead
18 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Favorite on Kill ‘Em All?

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_lcap21%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_lcap21%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_lcap32%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 Empty Re: Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:53 pm

Also Mustaine’s original versions that he wrote before Metallica were a different arrangement and different lyrics. Mustaine only provided the main riff and idea of how the song goes. Even Kirk modified the original solos.

Notice that Mustaine only bothered to record “Mechanix” aka The Four Horsemen on Killing Is My Business… 

He didn’t care about redoing Phantom Lord, Jump in the Fire or Metal Militia?

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 Empty Re: Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:05 pm

Mustaine is a musical genius and one of my favorite artists ever, but I just get tired of the whole revisionist thing.

I know it's just a meme, but it just gets old after a little while.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:07 pm

Hetfield wrote and co-wrote 6 of the ten songs. And then modified Mustaine’s 4 contributions, which gives him credit on all 10 songs.

I like Mustaine, but it’s Hetfield for the win!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:17 pm

TZ75 wrote:Hetfield wrote or co-wrote 6 of the ten songs. And modified Mustaine’s 4 contributions. 

Right!

There are entire sections of those songs that were added by Hetfield. 

That whole breakdown section on Horsemen after the second chorus where it completely changes tempo: "Time - has taken its toll on you..." - is my favorite part of the song. Showcasing the classic Hetfield/Ulrich use of dynamics in their arrangements.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:19 pm

Ammocas wrote:I went with Seek and Destroy.

There’s an evil feeling in our brains… but it’s nothing new, you know it drives us insane!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:22 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Hetfield wrote or co-wrote 6 of the ten songs. And modified Mustaine’s 4 contributions. 

Right!

That whole breakdown section on Horsemen after the second chorus where it completely changes tempo: "Time - has taken its toll on you..." - is my favorite part of the song. Showcasing the classic Hetfield/Ulrich use of dynamics in their arrangements.

Yep!

It was a collective effort to make those songs the classics that we love!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:23 pm

Lars Ulrich isn’t a songwriter, but he’s a great song “arranger”. He takes someone else’s scraps and turns them into a better creation.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:37 pm

Only this forum could take a meme and over-analyze all the fun out of it.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:41 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:

MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:55 pm

K, now go ahead and quote all 6 or 7 posts of over-analysis that started with you taking a meme seriously.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:47 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Son of Nun wrote:Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 Mustai10

Contributed to 4 out of 10 tracks = wrote em all

scratch

MagnusPrime wrote:Mustaine is a musical genius and one of my favorite artists ever, but I just get tired of the whole revisionist thing.

MagnusPrime wrote:

Right!

MagnusPrime wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:

Son of Nun wrote:K, now go ahead and quote all 6 or 7 posts of over-analysis that started with you taking a meme seriously.

Oooohh it's a JOKE! HAHAHAHA!

I was not aware of that.

I must have seen that meme a million times and would never have guessed it.

I was under the mistaken impression that I could comment on the implied statement of the meme.

I am so, so sorry that I dared speak my mind about the content of your meme.

K, now go find another meme so we can do this again!

cheers
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:23 am

Thanks for proving my point.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:33 am

Son of Nun wrote:Thanks for proving my point.

What "point"??

Is there a rule somewhere that says you can't "analyze" memes?

No one's allowed to comment on what the meme is about?

I apologize, your Highness.

Everyone bow down to Son Of Nun...the MEME MASTER!
allhail
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:11 pm

Rush created some of the greatest hooks and melodies in the history of rock music.  Jon Anderson is the THE songbird of a generation creating heavenly harmony vocals.  To say otherwise is to be a silly ninny.

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 6 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fr%2Fpthththt
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:09 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:
Son of Nun wrote:Thanks for proving my point.

What "point"??

Is there a rule somewhere that says you can't "analyze" memes?

No one's allowed to comment on what the meme is about?

I apologize, your Highness.

Everyone bow down to Son Of Nun...the MEME MASTER!
allhail
Son of Nun wrote:Only this forum could take a meme and over-analyze all the fun out of it.

See the original point above and compare to your subsequent behavior.

What inspired my original post is the observation that there are a subsection of people on this forum that turn threads into long, painful, pointless digressions and arguments because they choose to behave in a way that is pedantic, petty, or immature. Anyone who has been here for any amount of time would recognize this.

This thread is a premier example of that. I won't say anything else but to point out that your last two posts in this thread, in particular, are childish and indicative of the problem. I'll leave it at that as I have no further desire to entertain those antics or contribute to the problem.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:57 pm

Did someone say Rush have created some of the greatest hooks and melodies Rolf 2 where...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:56 pm

I’m curious how some of you guys can listen to a song like “Jump in the Fire”. I’m not judging anyone. I’m genuinely curious, because if there’s a way to enjoy that song, I want to. I think it’s a fantastic song, musically that is. But the lyrics just seem terrible.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:59 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Did someone say Rush have created some of the greatest hooks and melodies Rolf 2 where...
Tom Sawyer is a good example. It’s their most well known song for a reason
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:22 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I’m curious how some of you guys can listen to a song like “Jump in the Fire”. I’m not judging anyone. I’m genuinely curious, because if there’s a way to enjoy that song, I want to. I think it’s a fantastic song, musically that is. But the lyrics just seem terrible.
A Christian band could very well write a song with lyrics like that as a warning. I think this is similar to Creeping Death, with James finding some biblical narratives/themes interesting, and therefore interesting.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

TZ75 and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:38 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I’m curious how some of you guys can listen to a song like “Jump in the Fire”. I’m not judging anyone. I’m genuinely curious, because if there’s a way to enjoy that song, I want to. I think it’s a fantastic song, musically that is. But the lyrics just seem terrible.

At a stretch, and to make one's self feel better about the whole deal... a Christian could view it like any other song Mortification sing about Hell  or any other other Christian band. It's like what Stryper do with the double meanings to their titles Rolling Eyes 

To Hell with the devil

Hell to Pay

MIddle finger Messiah

May as well not listen those you know...

I understand your perspective having been there my self, so realize you think about these things from the place of what would God have me do, kind of perspective.  But think of it like this, it's part of what you believe, it comes from what you believe, the devil wants to pull souls into the fiery pits of hell like the song chimes, it even comes with a bouncy sound track to it like High way to hell from ac/dc, as if the pied piper is leading those rats there lolz. That's why I am kind of surprised it is a popular choice here. It's my favorite from that album but that also has a vivid memory attached to it.

Perspectives...perspectives...by the way...my name is...Jester...

Last edited by Dustofyears on Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:45 pm

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Did someone say Rush have created some of the greatest hooks and melodies Rolf 2 where...
Tom Sawyer is a good example. It’s their most well known song for a reason
Erm... you fascinate me Seth! Enjoy Tom Sawyer Smile
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:52 pm

Or you could listen to Jump in the Fire and say: go ahead and jump. I’m not! Smile

It’s a pied-piper type of thing. It could be seen as a test or a warning. Satan tried to tempt Jesus, but he rebuked him! 

Just enjoy the music and tell yourself that you are not one that will jump in (even if lots of other people choose to). 

The song After Forever by Black Sabbath questions about “running with the pack”, and suggests you make up your own mind.

Last edited by TZ75 on Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:03 pm

… more regarding “Jump in the Fire” lyrics. 

When I listen to Angel of Death by Slayer, I don’t condone the actions of Nazis. The song was written in a historical way depicting the horrors of the third Reich. It’s a mini horror movie set to music.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:04 pm

TZ75 wrote:… more regarding “Jump in the Fire” lyrics. 

When I listen to Angel of Death by Slayer, I don’t condone the actions of Nazis. The song was written in a historical way depicting the horrors of the third Reich. It’s a mini horror movie set to music.
And I know they themselves also don't condone them.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:14 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:… more regarding “Jump in the Fire” lyrics. 

And I know they themselves also don't condone them.

That’s correct. Jeff was against racism and fascism. He was a punk rock guy at heart that wrote amazing metal songs. 

It was also written for shock value. Lots of bands pushed the boundaries back in the day. Before the PC Nazis (ironically) censored everything. Today is like the PMRC times 10!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next