The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

+14
WildWorld
L8T
Follower of Jesus
Temple of Blood
Kerrick
seth
Dustofyears
Superjuice
MagnusPrime
Constantine
StevenCressler
TZ75
Black Rider
Pethead
18 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Favorite on Kill ‘Em All?

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap21%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap21%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap32%Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 19

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 Empty Re: Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

Post by TZ75 Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:06 pm

seth wrote:Foo fighters aren’t quite as bad as nirvana, but definitely extremely overrated. Green day as well. “Do you have the time to listen to me whine?” no I do not. As for Taylor Swift, yeah I don’t get the obsession, sounds like generic vapid pop to me, and I don’t think any of us are in her audience demographic (young white women)

Nirvana is miles better than FF. Especially Bleach and Nevermind. 

At least Bleach had some metal influence. Similar to the Melvins (Sabbath meets punk).
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 Empty Re: Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All?

Post by Son of Nun Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:07 pm

I have fond feelings for Nirvana since they were a part of my musical journey. I didn't pay much attention to music (just whatever my parents had on) until I was about 14. Then I found Creed on a compilation and got into them. When I was 15, I heard Nirvana and became a huge fan. When I was 16, I heard Opeth and jumped into the Metal realm.

I haven't really listened to Nirvana in a long time. I should probably do a discography run through. Considering it's small size, Nirvana's discography is actually quite diverse, especially when you throw in the Incesticide compilation.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Dustofyears and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:25 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Kurt's Lyrics are amazing. Guys mind is on another planet.

here's an example

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet
Cut myself on angel hair and baby's breath
Broken hymen of Your Highness, I'm left black
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

That's some Alice in wonderland  nightmare trip right there.
Incredibly creative! his lyrics are all like that. That genius writing. But some people just like stuff spelled out for them I guess. Fair nuff each their own.

Some people don’t like his abstract style. His lyrics were like weird poems. He was the musical equivalent to Salvador Dali or Pablo Picasso. They all were abstract and weird! Some call them geniuses. It’s in the eye of the beholder.

Why can’t we have both bands that have plain straightforward lyrics, and also abstract lyrics that make you think?
Post of the year all ready. Couldn't have said it better myself. This sums up Kurt's lyrics the best I've heard. I just call them Alice in a dark wonderland lyrics. Yeah guess it's not for everybody and their is nothing wrong with straightforward lyrics. I love Ac/dc...it don't get anymore straightforward than that.

Also Yes Is horribly overrated as is Rush...Guess you had to be there. Mahavishnui Orchestra have a couple good albums. Birds of Fire is my fav from them
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:35 pm

Son of Nun wrote:I have fond feelings for Nirvana since they were a part of my musical journey. I didn't pay much attention to music (just whatever my parents had on) until I was about 14. Then I found Creed on a compilation and got into them. When I was 15, I heard Nirvana and became a huge fan. When I was 16, I heard Opeth and jumped into the Metal realm.

I haven't really listened to Nirvana in a long time. I should probably do a discography run through. Considering it's small size, Nirvana's discography is actually quite diverse, especially when you throw in the Incesticide compilation.
Yeah Huge impact short time short discog Incredible when you think about it Give in utero a spin always a good place to start
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Son of Nun likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:44 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

here's an example

Incredibly creative! his lyrics are all like that. That genius writing. But some people just like stuff spelled out for them I guess. Fair nuff each their own.

Some people don’t like his abstract style. His lyrics were like weird poems. He was the musical equivalent to Salvador Dali or Pablo Picasso. They all were abstract and weird! Some call them geniuses. It’s in the eye of the beholder.

Why can’t we have both bands that have plain straightforward lyrics, and also abstract lyrics that make you think?
Post of the year all ready. Couldn't have said it better myself. This sums up Kurt's lyrics the best I've heard. I just call them Alice in a dark wonderland lyrics. Yeah guess it's not for everybody and their is nothing wrong with straightforward lyrics. I love Ac/dc...it don't get anymore straightforward than that.

Also Yes Is horribly overrated as is Rush...Guess you had to be there. Mahavishnui Orchestra have a couple good albums. Birds of Fire is my fav from them
Rush is incredible. Better than Vengeance Rising, Nirvana, and King’s X combined.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Superjuice and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:56 pm

Yes and Rush have forgotten more about music than Nirvana ever knew.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:03 pm

Yes and Rush are both REALLY good, two of my favorite prog bands along with Pink Floyd. Comparing Nirvana to them is like comparing some random high school freshman basketball player with Michael Jordan
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:12 pm

I understand those who don't like them, it's often complex music and isn't to everyone's taste.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:22 pm

Yes also tends to have “abstract” lyrics, but the music makes up for it. Rush has mostly good lyrics, although sometimes eye-roll worthy on songs like Free Will
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:30 pm

Pethead wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

here's an example

Rush is incredible. Better than Vengeance Rising, Nirvana, and King’s X combined.
Oh man you just had to bring King's X into the conversation! That's where that ends! Enjoy Tom sawyer.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:36 pm

I dig King’s X, to be clear.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:37 pm

Black Rider wrote:Yes and Rush have forgotten more about music than Nirvana ever knew.
Yes Is boring pomp go nowhere prog. Complete Snooze fest. Steve Howe is a great guitarist however.

Rush is garbage for the pomp and pretentious

Pomp rock at its finest especially Yes.

For the record Black Rider, it's not about how much musical theory you know that makes a band great.

boxing-smileys 

2hammer

jamaritard
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:45 pm

I listened to this album again today to confirm my suspicion that The Four Horsemen is indeed my favorite.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:46 pm

If you play at all, you realize how good Rush and Yes were.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Superjuice, Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:51 pm

Some prog does indeed sound like it prioritizes technicality over musicality, and kind of noodles around while going nowhere (Dream Theater comes to mind). But Rush and Yes don’t sound like that to me
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:13 pm

They don’t to me, either. Rush has so many memorable tunes.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:34 pm

Black Rider wrote:If you play at all, you realize how good Rush and Yes were.
I used to play in a number of bands until my I could no more due to health reasons so had to sell all my stuff. It was heart breaking tell the truth. Like someone cut off both my hands. Yes I know lots about guitar and bass and drums and keyboards and theory etc. Don't get me wrong I realize and acknowledge both bands are great musicians on their instruments. Just not my thing is all.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:55 am

CrimsonWarrior wrote:I listened to this album again today to confirm my suspicion that The Four Horsemen is indeed my favorite.

What does this have to do with Nirvana? Razz
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

CrimsonWarrior, Pethead, MagnusPrime, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:07 am

seth wrote:Yes and Rush are both REALLY good, two of my favorite prog bands along with Pink Floyd. Comparing Nirvana to them is like comparing some random high school freshman basketball player with Michael Jordan

Prog is impressive on a technical level, but sometimes a simple memorable melody is preferable. 

It’s not really a contest. There’s room for all styles and genres.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:11 am

seth wrote:Some prog does indeed sound like it prioritizes technicality over musicality, and kind of noodles around while going nowhere (Dream Theater comes to mind). But Rush and Yes don’t sound like that to me

Rush and Yes noodle around but they always have a main hook to balance it out. Especially Rush. Early 70’s Yes got a little “far-out” at times.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:16 pm

I have confirmed that my answer is Seek and Destroy.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, CrimsonWarrior, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:18 pm

Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 Mustai10
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:00 am

I went with Seek and Destroy.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:33 am

Son of Nun wrote:Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 Mustai10

Contributed to 4 out of 10 tracks = wrote em all

scratch
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:48 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
Son of Nun wrote:Favorite song on Kill ‘Em All? - Page 5 Mustai10

Contributed to 4 out of 10 tracks = wrote em all

scratch

Although he did write a nice chunk of them, 4 songs isn’t even half. 

One song short of 50%
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next